Sign in to follow this  
LordJarhead

Jsrs2.2: Lite

JSRS2: LITE by JSRS-Studios.com

LOGO2%20LITE.png

--------------VERSION1.0-------------

What is JSRS2 LITE?

This is the JSRS2 LITE version, a script free version of its original JSRS2.2 counterpart. The difference between both mods is quiet simple:

The original mods comes along with multiple scripts running in the background, those scritps create the effects such as the distance sounds for weapons and explosions, the so called "inroom" effects, that cause a loud echo when shooting inside a room, close-to-player explosion shrapnel effects, first-person camera sounds and others.

This LITE-version does not contain any of the mentioned features. There is no inroom echo effect, no distance effects, no near shrapnel explosion sounds and so on.

But still, it sounds nearly the same, which surprised me a lot. All vehicles, environmental sounds, soldier effects, cracks and snaps, bullethits, first person weapon sounds, they are all the same, but on further distances, it doesn't sound that exciting anymore. The good points are the size of the mod and the better performance.

What are the overall features of this mod?

The mod adds over a few thousand new sounds to the game, most ingame sounds are exchanged by these. Since this is the so called „LITE“ version of the original JSRS2.2 version, it does not bring any script sounds to the game, making it way more faster and better for MP sessions. As no scripts are involved anymore, there is no way this mod could conflict with scripted missions or other script heavy addons. Also it works way better with other addons such as weapon packs and addon vehicles. Overall, this is the perfect lighty version of a game changing soundmod.

Download

JSRS2.2 LITE

ServerKey Only

Armaholic Link

WARNING: We tested a lot of things, but there is still the potential of problems! This is version 1.0, but that does not mean its final. Just so you know!

How to install this mod?

The mod comes in a ready to use status. You dont have to install anything by setup. All you would have to do is to download and open the .rar file. In there, you can find the @DragonFyre folder. Now you place this folder inside your ArmA3 main folder. For example:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@JSRS2LITE

Once its in there you have multiple options now. Either you start up the game, go under settings inthe "expansions" menu and select the mod and restart ArmA3. Or you use the integrated ArmA3 launcher that you can find in the ArmA3 main folder, go under parameters and select DragonFyre under mods. Any other ways to install this mod would be nonesense and these two are the best ways, trust me.

What do I required to run this mod?

What is important to note is that JSRS2 LITE do NOT need CBA. Your ArmA3 should be at least on the latest version and not on DevBranch. If you use stable thats the only version we can determine issues and problems with as the DevBranch is a "change on the fly" ArmA3 version that can cause problems all the time. If I`d fix these problems, it might cause issues on the stable version. So I only can support one of the two version. Keep that in mind.

Who I would like to thank!

Thanks goes to the helpers that have helped me alongside the development to realize this project and made this mod what it is today.

Greetings go out to Yokhanan, LAxmann, Bakerman and all the internal testers that reported problems during the test phase of JSRS2.

Thanks to those peoples, I was able to release such a stable version of JSRS2.2/JSRS2LITE.

Also I'd like to thank my girlfriend Francisca for helping and supporting me all the time! I love you so much, Francisca!

LICENSE:

88x31.png

JSRS SOUND MODIFICATIONS by Dennis Kahl (LordJarhead) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://jsrs-studios.com/.

Other mods

JSRS3: DragonFyre RC4

JSRS 2.2

JSRS3: DragonFyre LITE

Edited by LordJarhead

Good work LJH and gratz on the release. Looking forward to using this - hopefully see some good performance improvements in MP!

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@LordJarhead;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Hi LordJarhead,

I'm just wondering if you're still supporting this mod despite Dragonfyre LITE being your main focus. Reason I ask is I much prefer the sounds from this version, but since the 1.40 patch I have noticed the distortion issues with bullet cracks, mentioned by many in the Dragonfyre thread, also apply to this version.

Thanks.

Edited by EddiePrice

I fixed the pistols. The problem (not really a problem, more a change by BIS) was that they added firing mode classes to the weapon class. So I fixed that today. Will also look into the soniccrack problems you mentioned. Config wise it seems to be the same as before but I can't be sure by now.

LJ

Thanks LJ I appreciate it. Like you said it comes down to personal preference with these two LITE versions. I'll look forward to an update.