LordJarhead

JSRS3: DragonFyre - LITE

I'm slowly beginning to understand. I don't get the whole picture but I have an idea...

So means less "AWSOMENESSSSS!!!!!" But the same "pewpewpew" with more "SMOOTHNESS!!!"

If you could make a picture to make it more clear...

Just kidding ;-)

I like the Lite version! Please keep it up to date! Maybe making the Lite version kind of "durability" version like... Linux with Ubuntu and Debian?

Lol, I guess LJ already regret this version :)

But honestly I like this version a lot!

Jees, really man?

It says:

Since this is the so called „LITE“ version of the original JSRS3 DragonFyre RC5 version (which is still in development), it does not bring any script sounds to the game, which makes it way more faster and better for MP sessions. As no scripts are involved anymore, there is normally no way this mod could conflict with scripted missions or other script heavy addons.

Also it works way better with other addons such as weapon packs and addon vehicles. Overall, this is the perfect lighty version of a game changing soundmod.

What do you don't get about that? :P

LJ

It's simply because you don't mention what these scripts are used for, whereas in your subsequent posts you detail what has actually been taken out to improve performance, its ambiguous. People like to know I guess. I imagine some people aren't even really aware what scripts are, so to these people these changes could literally be anything.

Great job LJR. Looking forward to trying this on the dedicated server.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

I imagine some people aren't even really aware what scripts are, so to these people these changes could literally be anything.

Hahaha I'm on that list, for example !!! ;P

But now it's more clear. As I hadn't any performance issues so far I'll stay with the scripted "AWSOMENESSSSS!!!!!" version, but I'm downloading this just to see the differences (I'm curious).

Thanks for the release !!!

I`ve updated the fron text a little:

What is JSRS3 DragonFyre LITE?

This is the JSRS3 DragonFyre LITE version, a script free version of its original DragonFyre RC4/5 counterpart which is still in development. The difference between both mods is quiet simple:

The original mods comes along with multiple scripts running in the background, those scritps create the effects such as the distance sounds for weapons and explosions, the so called "inroom" effects, that cause a loud echo when shooting inside a room. The inroom explosion sound effects, when a grenade explodes in a building, the vehicles reloading effects when you fire the main cannons in tanks, close-to-player explosion shrapnel effects, sound that gets reflected by buildings or forest environments and others.

This LITE-version does not contain any of the mentioned features. There is no inroom echo effect, no cartridges falling to the ground, no distance effects, no building reflections, no forest environment reflections, no distance explosions, no near shrapnel explosion sounds, no inroom explosion sounds, no vehicle reloading effects.

But still, it sounds nearly the same, which surprised me a lot. All vehicles, environmental sounds, soldier effects, cracks and snaps, bullethits, first person weapon sounds, they are all the same, but on further distances, it doesn't sound that exciting anymore. The good points are the size of the mod and the better performance.

Hope that will give some people a bit more of an idea now...

LJ

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Hahaha I'm on that list, for example !!! ;P

But now it's more clear. As I hadn't any performance issues so far I'll stay with the scripted "AWSOMENESSSSS!!!!!" version, but I'm downloading this just to see the differences (I'm curious).

Thanks for the release !!!

The LITE version contains all the new sounds that did not made it into the RC4 release. So basicly its RC5 Internal with no scripts. The RC5 will be updated soon, not as final but we will stay with the RC for now...

LJ

For extra effect, it's best used with L_ES, and enhances the sound so, very well. Great stuff. Still awaiting the full version, can't wait.

For extra effect, it's best used with L_ES, and enhances the sound so, very well. Great stuff. Still awaiting the full version, can't wait.

Please correct me, if I am mistaken but the purpose of using the LITE version is to get better performance. Using L_ES at the same time will make performance drop.

Please correct me, if I am mistaken but the purpose of using the LITE version is to get better performance. Using L_ES at the same time will make performance drop.

Exactly! L_ES is build into the scripted version...

LJ

Exactly! L_ES is build into the scripted version...

LJ

AFAIK, it's only the Urban effects built into DragonFyre. L_ES provides the whole terrain advancement with mountains and such, according to Laxemann. still sounds amazing pairing the two. Some top notch sound mods for the history of the Armaverse.

---------- Post added at 18:20 ---------- Previous post was at 18:19 ----------

Well it depends. For me, i actually, surprisingly get barley any FPS drop using L_ES. It's actually quite amazing. It could probably be optimized to full potential still, but i don't notice anything on my end using it.

I`ve updated the fron text a little:

What is JSRS3 DragonFyre LITE?

This is the JSRS3 DragonFyre LITE version, a script free version of its original DragonFyre RC4/5 counterpart which is still in development. The difference between both mods is quiet simple:

The original mods comes along with multiple scripts running in the background, those scritps create the effects such as the distance sounds for weapons and explosions, the so called "inroom" effects, that cause a loud echo when shooting inside a room. The inroom explosion sound effects, when a grenade explodes in a building, the vehicles reloading effects when you fire the main cannons in tanks, close-to-player explosion shrapnel effects, sound that gets reflected by buildings or forest environments and others.

This LITE-version does not contain any of the mentioned features. There is no inroom echo effect, no cartridges falling to the ground, no distance effects, no building reflections, no forest environment reflections, no distance explosions, no near shrapnel explosion sounds, no inroom explosion sounds, no vehicle reloading effects.

But still, it sounds nearly the same, which surprised me a lot. All vehicles, environmental sounds, soldier effects, cracks and snaps, bullethits, first person weapon sounds, they are all the same, but on further distances, it doesn't sound that exciting anymore. The good points are the size of the mod and the better performance.

This is a very better explanation!

Thanks for fun, thx for release, thx for your insane work for free - you are the best!! :yay: :bounce3:

AFAIK, it's only the Urban effects built into DragonFyre. L_ES provides the whole terrain advancement with mountains and such, according to Laxemann. still sounds amazing pairing the two. Some top notch sound mods for the history of the Armaverse

Well, those landscape effects are barely noticeable and that's what LAxmann told me. The point is, the lite version is extra made for those who don't want scripts in any way...

But well, do what you want :) It's free to use so... It's up to you.

LJ

Armaholic mirror updated with fixed archive. (no version change)

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Great job on this script-less version. This has been a want for so long for the large MP servers who love the mod but with the instability with the current state of the engine can't do such a thing.

Thanks for this, downloading now. Actually I am exceedingly pleased with the full DragonFyre; this version will be handy in large missions where CPU load is a problem.

Removed a few of the environmental and movement files, and kept the gun/vehicle ones, and now its perfect :)

Thanks.

Edited by Juri

Awesome mod with minimal performance penalty. I do wish however that the sounds of AK's and M4's would be beefed up as well, but I understand that it'd be a pain since there are tons of weapon mods.

Awesome mod with minimal performance penalty. I do wish however that the sounds of AK's and M4's would be beefed up as well, but I understand that it'd be a pain since there are tons of weapon mods.

there are NO AK's and M4's in ArmA3, this mod is made for ArmA3 and not for any other mod's.

If you like to have that ask LordJarhead for permission and do it yourself.

Maybe CUP weapons will get the full support at some point :)

LJ

I've noticed when using a steerable parachute sounds seem to echo multiple times. Not sure if this is a bug with the mod or maybe its just a game problem. If you want to reproduce just parachute from about 500 meters and have some people shooting on the ground.

I've noticed when using a steerable parachute sounds seem to echo multiple times. Not sure if this is a bug with the mod or maybe its just a game problem. If you want to reproduce just parachute from about 500 meters and have some people shooting on the ground.

If you can reproduce please test without JSRS loaded and see what happens.

LJ

I've only noticed the echoing when using CAF Aggressors. So far haven't noticed it with Leight's Opfor Pack, so it depends I guess. Haven't tested parachuting in combat much; usually set a DZ a safe distance from the enemy. :P

[EDIT]

To clarify, I've only had the echoing when parachuting.

When other people had the issue, it was usually a conflict with people having differing weapon mods or they didn't install their mods properly. I think missions/servers with low framerates can contribute to this issue too. I never had the issue myself though.