JSRS3: DragonFyre LITE by JSRS-Studios.com
LOGO%20DFyre%20LITE.png
--------------VERSION 2.0-----------------

Direct Download from JSRS-Studios Servers

JSRS-Studios Download Servers

news_download_a3_3.png
JSRS3: DragonFyre - Lite v2.0

banner-420x120.png

So here is a list of some notes that came to my mind. These are the things I did so far:

1. Various Volume changes throughout every single config file
  2. Environment sounds decreased for a more dynamic range between loud and silent sounds
  3. Explosions got tweaked a little. Mostly volume and distant tweaks
  4. Movement volume tweaks
  5. Soniccracks got decreased on further distances while close calls are stil loud
  6. Helicopters got tweaked in volume and distances
  7. Jets got tweaked in volume and distances
  8. Tanks got tweaked in volume. Vehicles have a quieter volume int and ext
  9. Wheeled vehicles got tweaked to fit the tracked vehicles volume levels
  10. Most vehicles got decreased in volume due to dynamic range
  11. Most new engine sounds got muffled a little bit to decrease high EQ sounds
  12. All weapon configs got tweaked and every single entry got changed
  13. All vehicle weapons support environmental tails now, forests, meadows, houses
  14. All weapons have distance sounds by config now
  15. Weapons have different tails and echoes wiht and without silencers
  16. Vehicle weapons have distance sounds
  17. Everything runs script free so far
  18. Using config tricks most effects of the scripted version got implemented
  19. Interior sounds, Tails and reverbs fitting their environment, distance sounds
  20. Over 400+ new sound effects got added to simulate distance-sounds and tails
  21. Super performance due to ZERO scripting
  22. No loss of performance with virtually almost the same quality
  23. All working in multiplayer
  24. Multiple Volume tweaks
  25. Stereotweaks
  26. Vehicle Engine sound tweaks
  27. Distance tweaks
  28. Fixed RPTs

Facts:

400+ new sound files, 3815 sounds in total
Unpacked size around 3,4GB, over 1GB less than the scripted
Packed in 4 Minutes into a 1.7GB .rar

From the ReadMe:

What is JSRS3 DragonFyre LITE?

JSRS3 DragonFyre LITE is a sound modification for ArmA3. The purpose of this modification is to bring new sounds to the game, making it more exciting. Many would say it makes the game much more realistic, but that is not the initial purpose of this modification. Even if some sounds are very authentic to what we call "modern warfare" still the main purpose was just to create a certain type of sound feeling.

What are the overall features of this mod?

The mod adds over a few thousand new sounds to the game, most ingame sounds are exchanged by these.
Since this is the so called „LITE“ version of the original JSRS3 DragonFyre version, it does not bring any script sounds to the game, making it way more faster and better for MP sessions. As no scripts are involved anymore, there is no way this mod could conflict with scripted missions or other script heavy addons.

Also it works way better with other addons such as weapon packs and addon vehicles. Overall, this is the perfect lighty version of a game changing soundmod.

How to install this mod?

The mod comes in a ready to use status. You dont have to install anything by setup. All you would have to do is to download and open the .rar file. In there, you can find the @DragonFyreLITE folder. Now you place this folder inside your ArmA3 main folder. For example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@DragonFyreLITE Once its in there you have multiple options now. Either you start up the game, go under settings inthe "expansions" menu and select the mod and restart ArmA3. Or you use the integrated ArmA3 launcher that you can find in the ArmA3 main folder, go under parameters and select DragonFyre under mods. Any other ways to install this mod would be nonsense and these two are the best ways, trust me.

What do I required to run this mod?

What is important to note is that JSRS3 DragonFyre LITE do NOT need CBA. Your ArmA3 should be at least on the latest version and not on DevBranch. If you use stable thats the only version we can determine issues and problems with as the DevBranch is a "change on the fly" ArmA3 version that can cause problems all the time. If I`d fix these problems, it might cause issues on the stable version. So I only can support one of the two version. Keep that in mind.

Who I would like to thank!

Thanks goes to the helpers that have helped me alongside the development to realize this project and made this mod what it is today. Greetings go out to Yokhanan, LAxmann, Bakerman and all the internal testers that reported problems during the test phase of JSRS2. Thanks to those peoples, I was able to release such a stable version of JSRS3 DragonFyre/LITE.

Also I'd like to thank my girlfriend Francisca for helping and supporting me all the time! I love you so much, Francisca!

So, any feedback would be nice. And please report any bugs you might find. Not tested in MP so far. But it should work fine as there are no scripts at all this time.

LICENSE:
88x31.png

JSRS SOUND MODIFICATIONS by Dennis Kahl (LordJarhead) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://jsrs-studios.com/.

Other mods
JSRS3: DragonFyre RC4
JSRS 2.2
JSRS2 LITE

Edited by LordJarhead

Wait... I'm confused. So is this the definitive version of DragonFyre or is the other one still recieving an update?

Congrats for the release, and thanks for this lite version. will give it a try

keep up the good work :)

Wait... I'm confused. So is this the definitive version of DragonFyre or is the other one still recieving an update?

The RC4/5 of the scripted version is still in development. This is the LITE which is a different thing, and without the scripting it is way easier to develop...

LJ

The RC4/5 of the scripted version is still in development. This is the LITE which is a different thing, and without the scripting it is way easier to develop...

LJ

Oh I see, thanks for the reply. I'll give it a try :)

Getting an error when loading this up. States that CBA_Main is required by dfyre_a_config. Downloaded from FTP2. I also can't log into the server as long as that file is present since it supposedly isn't signed by the lite version key.

Edited by mdswish

I use Dragonfyre right now, any reason for me to go with LITE version?

I guess if you have preformance issues like many people have, especially online.

Getting an error when loading this up. States that CBA_Main is required by dfyre_a_config.

Got the same error:

stable version, no mods, launch parameter: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -mod=@DragonFyreLITE

error msg at startup: Addon 'DragonFyre_Config' requires addon 'CBA_MAIN'

but it works flawless (except for launch error)

with CBA (newest version)

stable version, no mods, launch parameter: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -mod=@CBA_A3;@DragonFyreLITE

no error msg at startup but ingame: Script DFyre_A_Scripts\scripts\init.sqf not found

Edited by yxman

For all getting the error message: Please checkin AddOns folder for dfyre_a_config.pbo and delete that one!

LJ

For all getting the error message: Please checkin AddOns folder for dfyre_a_config.pbo and delete that one!

LJ

fixed it, ty :)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks LJ! Will try it out and hopefully I can get a few more FPS in MP...

/KC

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@LordJarhead;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Apropos of nothing really, I wonder will it be possible to structure the DF FULL edition as an optional addition to this rather than having to download the content-in-common (which is probably a very high proportion) twice?

What is the difference between the two versions, JSRS2 LiTE and JSRS3 LiTE?

The Armaholic description was very similar for both.

JSRS 2 and JSRS 3 are different versions with completely different sounds, The LITE versions just have no scripting in them.

So why would anyone download the regular, non-lite version of Dragonfyre since this just increases performance (supposedly)?

Wow....you people really don't like reading....its explained on the first release page.

The difference is not only performance. You loose the distant effects that the scripted version offers. Play with them both and you'll notice the difference. Whether you can live with or without the scripted version will make you decide. The reason why i appreciate this release, but still love the other are as followed which i hope will clarify:

1. LITE version is great for heavy missions with large scale firefights where some may see performance lag with the other release. You get all the new sound effects without the "Extras"

2. Scripted version is just plain epic when it comes to distant distinction. Its more clear on where the fire is coming from where the LITE version doesnt enhance this. However ARMAs latest updates arent terrible so it works pretty damn well as well in LITE.

Hope that helps. And honestly just download and try them both....not sure why people just dont do that...

1. LITE version is great for heavy missions with large scale firefights where some may see performance lag with the other release. You get all the new sound effects without the "Extras"

2. Scripted version is just plain epic when it comes to distant distinction. Its more clear on where the fire is coming from where the LITE version doesnt enhance this. However ARMAs latest updates arent terrible so it works pretty damn well as well in LITE.

Hope that helps. And honestly just download and try them both....not sure why people just dont do that...

So This is the difference, i can't see this description in first page, maybe i'm blind

Jees, really man?

It says:

Since this is the so called „LITE“ version of the original JSRS3 DragonFyre RC5 version (which is still in development), it does not bring any script sounds to the game, which makes it way more faster and better for MP sessions. As no scripts are involved anymore, there is normally no way this mod could conflict with scripted missions or other script heavy addons.

Also it works way better with other addons such as weapon packs and addon vehicles. Overall, this is the perfect lighty version of a game changing soundmod.

What do you don't get about that? :P

LJ

• Like 1

So I find JSRS3 does make my FPS drop -this will be lighter on frames?And what exactly is cut out?Is it just the distant explosions sounds such as when an underslung grenade is fired(which is amazing)What else is different?what does scripted sounds mean?I love these mods by the way!Great work!