Sign in to follow this  
ARMAKrush

How To Repair Vehicles With Repair Truck?

First of all - apologies if this in the wrong section, mods, please move it if it is.

How do repair trucks work in this game? I was out on patrol with my squad when we were attacked. We managed to kill them all so I went back to get a repair truck from an 'immobilized armour' objective we had just cleared, thinking that I'd be able to do the same that I do in Arma 2 - that being drive up next to the broken vehicle and abracadabra hocus pocus everything's fixed. Didn't work. So now I'm stumped. I tried going into the repair truck and checking for a 'repair vehicle' thing, but it never showed, nor did it when I got into the off-road and tried it. How do I do it? Here's a picture of how close the vehicles were:

https://i.imgur.com/VmfiMhc.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JMi6eWt.jpg

Edited by ARMAKrush

The problem may be that the Zamak isn't friendly. Bohemia is trying to keep the amount of war-crimes (established by the Geneva Conventions) permissible in the vanilla game down so a lot of things (such as uniforms) are side specific.

That can't be right, I got shot even though I was a Medic, and that's against the Geneva Convetions. Also, did you try checking the pieces in the truck? Depending on what's broken, you need to find that piece and bring it next to the damaged vehicle.

Still works exactly as in Arma 2, it should repair automatically when you're close to it. If the repair truck is empty, it should work regardless of side.

If that doesn't work you have to use the action menu as driver of the damage vehicle. (Freelook is useful)

Z0OSAqv.jpg

Is there any repair limit for a truck? I've repaired my apc once, but i does not work for the second time. I've tried to repair other vehicles too.

That can't be right, I got shot even though I was a Medic, and that's against the Geneva Convetions. Also, did you try checking the pieces in the truck? Depending on what's broken, you need to find that piece and bring it next to the damaged vehicle.

According to geneva convention, medics are not allowed to use weapons either... Combat medics don't fall under geneva convention.

Is there any repair limit for a truck? I've repaired my apc once, but i does not work for the second time. I've tried to repair other vehicles too.

Yes there is a limit, just like for fuel trucks and ammo trucks - at some point they run out. It just doesn't tell you. Might be something to implement for BI at some point - it's pretty much hit&miss right now

Just made a test.

Repairing a Slammer completely made the reparCargo of the Tempest go from 1 to 0.991487. Seems like it would take a long time to get it empty.

Edit: It also seems that there is no difference between the Zamak, Tempest or HMTT when it comes to the cargo size. The value was the same for all three after the first repair.

I wrote a short script which indicates the cargo status of support vehicles.

cargoStatusInit.sqf

_vehPool = ["I_Truck_02_box_F","O_Truck_02_box_F","O_Truck_02_fuel_F","I_Truck_02_fuel_F","O_Truck_02_Ammo_F","I_Truck_02_Ammo_F","O_Truck_03_repair_F",
"O_Truck_03_fuel_F","O_Truck_03_ammo_F","B_Truck_01_Repair_F","B_Truck_01_fuel_F","B_Truck_01_ammo_F","I_Truck_02_ammo_F","Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_repair_F",
"Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_fuel_F","Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_ammo_F","B_Slingload_01_Repair_F","B_Slingload_01_Fuel_F","B_Slingload_01_Ammo_F"];

{
if (typeOf _x in _vehPool) then
{
	_x addAction ["Cargo Status","cargoStatus.sqf"];
};
} forEach vehicles; 

cargoStatus.sqf

_ammo = ["O_Truck_02_Ammo_F","I_Truck_02_Ammo_F","O_Truck_03_ammo_F","B_Truck_01_ammo_F","I_Truck_02_ammo_F","Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_ammo_F","B_Slingload_01_Ammo_F"];

_fuel = ["O_Truck_02_fuel_F","I_Truck_02_fuel_F","O_Truck_03_fuel_F","B_Truck_01_fuel_F","B_Slingload_01_Fuel_F","Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_fuel_F",""];

_medical = ["I_Truck_02_medical_F","O_Truck_02_medical_F","O_Truck_03_medical_F","B_Truck_01_medical_F"];

_repair = ["I_Truck_02_box_F","O_Truck_02_box_F","O_Truck_03_repair_F","B_Truck_01_Repair_F","Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_repair_F","B_Slingload_01_Repair_F"];

_veh = _this select 0;

if ( typeOf _veh in _ammo) then
{
_ammo = round (getAmmoCargo _veh * 15000);
hint format ["Ammunition left: %1 kg",_ammo];
};

if ( typeOf _veh in _repair) then
{
_repair = round(getRepairCargo _veh * 10000);
hint format ["Spare parts left %1 kg",_repair];
};

if ( typeOf _veh in _fuel) then
{
_fuel = round (getFuelCargo _veh * 10000);
hint format ["Fuel left: %1 L",_fuel];
};

Was for testing purpose only, so I can't guarantee that it works in mp.

What I noticed is, that the values for tank size of vehicles are completely off. The HMTT fuel truck has a cargo size of about 10000L according to wikipedia. The Merkava tank uses about 5000 Liters if you refuel it once, pretty thirsty if you ask me. So in MHO I don't think we will see something like an indicator for cargo capacities in the near future from Bohemia. It would show up all the flaws within their maintenance system.

R3vo

Edited by R3vo

It would show up all the flaws within their maintenance system.

Hm well that depends on how you show it. It would be great if you at least would get a message the the repair/fuel/ammo truck has gone empty, instead of trying to figure out if it's empty or if the placement of the vehicles just isn't quite right. I dont mind gamey values, because it's a much smaller island. You would have a hard time running out of fuel if everything had realistic fuel consumption and tank capacity.

You would have a hard time running out of fuel if everything had realistic fuel consumption and tank capacity.

That's already the case, I've never needed to refuel a vehicle.

Anyone feel like writing a realistic fuel consumption function? :)

I have tossed around the idea a few times but couldn't decide on a good way to do it. Might be able to do a decent job using the new TKOH RTD functions introduced in 1.34 though. Feels like one of those things that BIS should finish rather than jury-rigging something together.

Yes that's because fuel values are completely broken, not because they are truly realistic

Anyone feel like writing a realistic fuel consumption function?

You just need to edit the fuel values... no need for a script.

it would have to be a mod of course, but it's only a very very basic task...

According to geneva convention, medics are not allowed to use weapons either... Combat medics don't fall under geneva convention.

Yes there is a limit, just like for fuel trucks and ammo trucks - at some point they run out. It just doesn't tell you. Might be something to implement for BI at some point - it's pretty much hit&miss right now

IIRC the limit is established, at least for vanilla trucks, as a config value that's something like 100000000 so it's practically in unlimited... I may be wrong.