kiory

SR-25/EC Release!

Oh, hello!

It's me again, you know, the one who likes to bring empty promises!

So today I am ready to release my SR-25 and EC variant, it's taken a fair while to get everything sorted, but we finally got there in the end!

Some stupid pictures.

screenshot000_zpsbcd5cb10.png

screenshot001_zps5de535d3.png

screenshot002_zps29928535.png

screenshot003_zpsba2809b6.png

screenshot004_zps68aa5411.png

screenshot005_zps4adb25b0.png

screenshot006_zps74c9c8a6.png

2_zps98c028d8.jpg

1_zpsbe9ebe0e.jpg

Currently, the pack only contains the SR-25, EC variant and the suppressor. The rifles themselves are compatible with all scopes currently, but only the custom suppressor.

I'm not one to fill a page up with nonsense, I'll let my work speak for itself, I hope you all enjoy.

Anways, here's a list of to do's:

Harris Bipod (Low poly is ready, just needs unwrapping and texturing, decided to do the separately as I have no clue how BI are planning bipods in future, so I'm treating as a separate entity for now, glue it on the weapons when it's done, and hopefully if BI decide to make them an attachment, I'll sort it out that way)

Ecc and M110/K1 Variants, no explanation needed.

Some sort of custom scope.

Update 1:

Mostly cosmetic, added the bipod to both variants of the rifle, once the Marksmen DLC rolls out, I will handle this accordingly and provide proper support for the bipod, for now, it's just "there".

Also upped the zeroing to go past 600 with scopes, I'm sure some of you spotted it.

Also added an ammo box with a bunch of goodies inside, you can find that in the editor under "Empty", then "ammo" and you'll see an ammo crate named "Kiory's SR 25 Box of loot".

Anyway, here's a bunch of links, as always, source is available!

the PBO: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yetoivn5op40xqf/kio_sr25.pbo?dl=0

The source material: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kxs33daobjouwx8/kio_sr25.rar?dl=0

Alternatively, you can grab it from Steam here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=393863005&searchtext=

So here's where I get cheeky, I put a lot of time and effort into my work, I think a donation or two wouldn't be entirely out of place, in fact would be greatly appreciated. It keeps me motivated and goes towards living costs.

donate_zpsf2790211.png

This is not a requirement and all of my work is free for you to use, but if you're feeling generous, hey, just do it, nobody is getting hurt!

Edited by Kiory

Very nice. Also extremely nice of you to release source files. Going to camo this beast, ill shoot them to you when finished. Nice job and thx again

Looks real nice mate, thanks for the release.

Very nice weapon,Look forward for your next project!

And is this not support ASDG-JR right now?

Very nice weapon,Look forward for your next project!

And is this not support ASDG-JR right now?

Nope, Kiory doesn´t code his weapons as ASDG Jr compliant, but Deniodan made an ASDG plugin for Kiory´s L85A2, I´m guessing he may create a plugin for SR-25 (hint hint Deniodan) ;)

cheers!

Thanks for the source files, hopefully I can learn a little more about RVmats and the like from them :) tossed some money your way. Great work cant wait for more.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

SR-25/EC v1.0

** source files also available on the downloadpage as a seperate download!

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

;2882125']Nope' date=' Kiory doesn´t code his weapons as ASDG Jr compliant, but [b']Deniodan [/b]made an ASDG plugin for Kiory´s L85A2, I´m guessing he may create a plugin for SR-25 (hint hint Deniodan) ;)

cheers!

Got that.I load too many weapon mods and i cant sure which one is Kiory's SR25 lol.Just ask to be sure.

And thanks for the information.

@Speedygonzales Possibly? I'm not sure, we'll have to see in future.

@Warden_1, Much appreciated mate, every little helps!

Couple notices - there's almost no difference in loudness of the shot with or w/o suppressor. Also using AGM, shot with suppressor gives ear-damage whining and without - doesn't. Also its not compatible with Joint rails - I couldn't mount any (even vanilla) optics on it. Over all its the weapon I've waited for since arma 2. And boy it was worth it. Model is superb, textures - awesome, only sound is bad - but i hope its ongoing fix and maybe even LJ will look into it. Haven't checked ballistics yet. Honestly this one rifle is 10-times better than whole RH m16 pack... t.y. Kiory

Hey N-snipe, thanks for the crits, most welcome.

I know the sounds aren't the best mate, they were thrown together with what I purchased (I have no idea where these sound guys get their source material, but I could sure use some!)

I haven't made a config for ASDG, nor do I plan on it, as this is released on steam also, a lot of people don't use it and would cause all sorts of fuss, you'll have to wait for other modders to make that for you, sorry bud.

As for AGM, dude I have no idea, I've never even used that mod before.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words, I'll be updating the pack as I go, so expect improvements.

The AGM ear-ringing is due to the following entry in the config for the suppressor:

class AmmoCoef
		{
			hit = 1;
			typicalSpeed = 1;
			airFriction = 1;
[b]				[color="#FF0000"]visibleFire = 5;
			audibleFire = 8;[/color][/b]
			visibleFireTime = 0.5;
			audibleFireTime = 0.5;
			cost = 1.2;
		};

Those being coef entries, mean the visible fire is x5 more visible and x8 more audible then an unsuppressed shot. AGM piggy-backs on the audibleFire entry to simulate how "loud" the shot is and whether or not it deafens you.

Ahh I see, I just used mostly default values for it.

Hang on, gotta continue the tradition. Its to thin mate >D

Hi Kiory! If you're still looking for sounds I have some decent ones. Free. Suppressed shots included.

And dat sauce! Thanks mate! Helps the rest of us learn too. You're a gentleman.

I don't know if this has been brought up but some ASDG Joint Rails compatibility would be sweet for the SR-25 and even your L85A2. They are some really high quality stuff and some other optic options may make them even better. By the way great work on the SR-25 the reload animation is pretty nice.