Sign in to follow this  
relain

Adding Sling load feature to ATV Dingo

From the config of the vehicles, it seems that you need to add 4 memory points named like:

"SlingLoadCargo1","SlingLoadCargo2","SlingLoadCargo3","SlingLoadCargo4".

And add this to your vehicle class:

slingLoadCargoMemoryPoints[] = {"SlingLoadCargo1","SlingLoadCargo2","SlingLoadCargo3","SlingLoadCargo4"};

slingLoadCargoMemoryPointsDir[] = {};

Never played with that yet, so I am not sure.

You just need to define the 4 memory points in the config like supertruite said, then create said memory points in the memory LOD of the vehicle.

Everything else is done by the game, the mass is taken from the GeoLOD and for a vehicle to be liftable, it has to weight less than the maximum capacity allowed by the helicopter (of course).

Note that if the helicopter is made by you as well, cheating with impossibly high lift capacity (like 20 tons for a blackhawk) won't work, the vehicle will get sling loaded to the helo but it won't move from the ground.

At least that's what happened to my Mi8. :D

@Chairborne: did you try to play with setmass (to decrease the weight of the sling loaded vehicle) ? If it works, you can trigger the setmass using getSlingLoad and set the mass back to normal when you detach the ropes.

No i didn't, i haven't played around much with sling loading, just tested if the sling load attachment would work and that was about it.

If there's a command to set the mass of a vehicle though i guess it's doable.