Sign in to follow this  
bw1231996

Create Helicopter Taxi - Lift off once you get in

Hey guys, sorry if this is a noob question. I am wondering how to make a helicopter wait on the ground until me and my squad gets in, and then lift off and go to the waypoint I put down.

It probably is really simple but I am having a stupid moment and can't think.

Thanks for any help in advance.

The best way is a "load" waypoint for the helicopter synced with a get in waypoint for your squad.

Spawn the script' date=' you're setting the waypoint for the heli in and right before you the line actually set it, put this:
waitUntil {player in _heli};

[/quote']

Sorry, I don't exactly get what you're saying. What do you mean by "you're setting the waypoint for the heli in and right before you the line actually set it, put this". It's just that I don't understand what you are saying. Could you try re-wording it for me? Sorry for being such a pain in the ass.

I'm sorry, I thought you were creating the waypoints using SQF, but obviously you're placing them in the editor.

So then, at the waypoint where the heli should wait for the player, simply put "player in heli_1" into the waypoint condition (where "heli_1" is the name of your helicopter). That way, the waypoint will only be considered completed when the player is in the heli and only then, the heli will continue his way to the next waypoint.

hey man use this (or parts of this)

Heli transport

Is this Norrins script? if it is, I'm getting lots of errors now after 1.48, my extraction works, but before I could "set another waypoint" after getting in, now all the script does is fly back to the choppers base, which I suppose isn't bad, but the originals for ARMA2 I used a lot with Kempco's HALO script, HALO in, do the mission, and call for extraction... perfect, and always able to redirect the chopper for an alternative mission.