dscha

Truck and Trailer - Arma 3 - Standalone Released (22.10.2015)

Nice i added the trailer into mission and added this to it cursortarget animate ["HideCargo",-1]; but it's not showing cargo on it? also can you make it so you can detach trailer without having to jump out the truck ty

Detaching: change "CursorTarget" to "vehicle player" maybe?

Do you look at the Trailer, when executing the command?!

+If you added it to the init of the Trailer -> exchange "CursorTarget" with "this"

Detaching: change "CursorTarget" to "vehicle player" maybe?

Do you look at the Trailer, when executing the command?!

+If you added it to the init of the Trailer -> exchange "CursorTarget" with "this"

Hey thanks that worked, How did you get other things on the trailer like vehicles etc? did you get my pm? Also is there anyway to make these rise up? cus i cant even cross bridges cus it hits the floor and detaches the trailer :/ guYL8P4.jpg

Hey thanks that worked, How did you get other things on the trailer like vehicles etc? did you get my pm? Also is there anyway to make these rise up? cus i cant even cross bridges cus it hits the floor and detaches the trailer :/ guYL8P4.jpg

Go to the trailer and use the scroll menu? Works for me.

This mod works like a charm. Very nice work! 2 Questions:

1. Do you work on stuff thats less.... "civilian"... like heavy military transport trailers and towing machines to transport tanks? The last RHS update gave us a russian "kinda amphibic" vehicle which can transport small vehicles. Could work that way?

2. Would you consider adding a script version of your towing system so we can add towing and towable units in missions? I guess one would have to determine the right locationpoints to attach the ropes, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who would do that. Like I said, I would love to make jets towable to taxi them around the airfield with a towing tractor (Vanilla planes or RHS ones, towing machine provided by CUP ARMA II or Airfield logistics mod) or tow the C-RAM on a trailer (Which is static atm, but can be dragged around with ropes... tried it but never looked as good as in your mod).

Wouldn't be a problem someone would have to sit in the plane during the taxidrive to trick that magical handbrake... In fact I think it would be kinda realistic

1. Since i am currently working on a new Mod i won't create any new Trailer Models, for now. Thats why i released the Source Files, so anyone can lay a hand on it, if he want's to (I just heard, that 2 People are already working on new a Trailer)

2. The only way, to make that possible is to create a "invisble" Trailer, where the Jet/Car/Tank/Player/House will be attached to. Otherwise -> Uberhandbrake gets involved and nothing is moving or is bugging around like a Rat on Cocain.

• Like 1

1. Since i am currently working on a new Mod i won't create any new Trailer Models, for now. Thats why i released the Source Files, so anyone can lay a hand on it, if he want's to (I just heard, that 2 People are already working on new a Trailer)2. The only way, to make that possible is to create a "invisble" Trailer, where the Jet/Car/Tank/Player/House will be attached to. Otherwise -> Uberhandbrake gets involved and nothing is moving or is bugging around like a Rat on Cocain.

Even if someones sitting in the jet when its towed?

erm, no idea. Never tested it.

Sort of... Old topic but I have a question.

Possible to make the trailer "Detachable"?

?? You can attach and detach the Trailer oO

Thanks for your marvelous work :D

I tried and loved...

But I have a problem, how to place a car on it? (as the video) I am unable to... :huh:

That was from a previous (and very old) test-version (done with a simple "attachTo").

Ok Thanks

Is it possible to integrate it into the new version mod?

How to use "attachTo" here?

;)

Yes.... I have managed "attachTo" :D

it works flawlessly in editor.

Now, I would like to integrate in my car addon.

I tried several solutions, but it does not work.

The "hint" works well, but no car on truck... :(

config vehicles:

class UserActions
        {
            class Putcar
            {
                displayName ="Put car on truck";
                position = "doplnovani";
                radius = 5;
                onlyForplayer= true;
                condition = "alive this";
        statement = "[this] execvm ""\My_Addon\scripts\Putveh.sqf"";";
      };            
     };

Script:

_Mycar = _this select 0;
_D41_Trailer_A = _this select 1;

_Mycar attachTo [_D41_Trailer_A, [0, 0, 3.15] ];

hint "Car is on truck";
player removeaction Putcar;

If you know anything about script, I gladly accept help. :P

Where did he get the Information of "_MyCar" and "_D41_Trailer_A"?

MyCar is name of my Addon

Script is in my addon.

D41_Trailer_A is name of your trailer. See in your mlod addon.

This is not the right name?

if((typeOf D41_AEXEC_Zugmaschine) isEqualTo "D41_Ext_Civ_Kamaz_Zugmaschine")then

{

ropeCreate [ D41_AEXEC_Anhaenger, "attachPoint", D41_AEXEC_Zugmaschine, "RAP_U", 0.5]; //attachPoint + RAP_X = Memory Points im Model hinterlegt - Schau dir die MLOD Dateien an, wenn Du die genaue Position benötigen solltest

ropeCreate [ D41_AEXEC_Anhaenger, "attachPoint", D41_AEXEC_Zugmaschine, "RAP_O", 0.5]; //attachPoint + RAP_X = Memory Points, created in the Model itself - Check the MLOD Files, if you wan't to see the exact positions

ropeCreate [D41_AEXEC_Anhaenger, "attachPoint", D41_AEXEC_Zugmaschine, "RAP_L", 0.5];

ropeCreate [D41_AEXEC_Anhaenger, "attachPoint", D41_AEXEC_Zugmaschine, "RAP_R", 0.5];

try this

Where did he get the Information of "_MyCar" and "_D41_Trailer_A"?

if((typeOf D41_AEXEC_Zugmaschine) isEqualTo "D41_Ext_Civ_Kamaz_Zugmaschine")then
{
ropeCreate [ D41_AEXEC_Anhaenger, "attachPoint", D41_AEXEC_Zugmaschine, "RAP_U", 0.5]; //attachPoint + RAP_X = Memory Points im Model hinterlegt - Schau dir die MLOD Dateien an, wenn Du die genaue Position benötigen solltest
ropeCreate [ D41_AEXEC_Anhaenger, "attachPoint", D41_AEXEC_Zugmaschine, "RAP_O", 0.5]; //attachPoint + RAP_X = Memory Points, created in the Model itself - Check the MLOD Files, if you wan't to see the exact positions
ropeCreate [D41_AEXEC_Anhaenger, "attachPoint", D41_AEXEC_Zugmaschine, "RAP_L", 0.5];
ropeCreate [D41_AEXEC_Anhaenger, "attachPoint", D41_AEXEC_Zugmaschine, "RAP_R", 0.5];

try this