dscha

Truck and Trailer - Arma 3 - Standalone Released (22.10.2015)

After some further testing, definitely.

Still have to re-work the model and test some stuff with other classes.

Fiddled around a bit, again ;)

Very good indeed.  What happened around 2:24?  Did the trailer hit a tree ... wasnt obvious.

That the glorious Hitbox from Egil Sandfeld's Bornholm Trees :D

+Now that you mention, i forgot to hide the GeoLod, when to CargoContainer is not loaded.

fIqTuAol.png

Very nice! It's still elastic, but that also happens with any scripted method, you simply need some elasticity for it to be stable.

My guess it works like a position feedback controller, which needs an error to be able to correct the position.  You could increase the stiffness, but you lose robustness and stability.

I have the feeling that BIS limited the minimum length to get this stability, as a really stiff rope would be hard to sync in MP.   

Yeah, thinking about it the same way, but it was worth a try, maybe they had some other idea/ways of handling it.

Okay, finaly i found some time, to make a Standalone Version of that wobblewobblething (aka Truck and Trailer):

1st of all: Keep in mind, that the Truck and Trailer are just a Test-Objects! There are Textures missing, Wheels are not 100% perfect, etc. blabla. But for most of you guys, it should be enough to play around with and get the Idea, how it works and what i did.

Sadly, the Ropes still don't react as wished (Bungeeeeeeeeeeeee).

+Also: with the following, they react different (better)

cursorTarget setMass ((getMass cursorTarget)*2)
g4M75uQl.jpg

Download: packed Addon + bisign + Key

AND, since i am a friend of "Share your Knowledge", take that:

Download: Truck + Trailer MLOD

Do what you wan't with the MLODs, just be so kind and leave the Names in it ;)

Oh, just for Info: When it comes to Donation BS: I don't want my Scripts/Models on any Server with a Donationsystem on it!

+

APL-SA.png

Greetz Dscha

P.S. The get the Container onTop:

cursortarget animate ["HideCargo",-1];
-1 = show

0 = hide

(Don't ask me, why i used -1. I like to confuse ppl :))

• Like 3

It's awesome! And as good as it gets for now. Support the tickets, enjoy the fun. Great piece of work Dscha!  :thumbsup:

(*edit* one really good ticket is in Dscha's signature)

• Like 1

If you want to! The MLOD Files are linked below the normal downloads.

It actually works better than I expected after your underplaying text. ;) It even works with the HEMTT truck. The only downside to that is that the HEMTT doesn't offer the detach option after attaching. I suppose if you'd increase the radius for the detach action, it should suffice.

Oh right! You need to add an AddAction to the player, that he gets an Detach Option:

this addAction ["Detach Trailer",{ {ropeDestroy (ropes cursorTarget select 0)}forEach(ropes cursorTarget); },"",1000,true,false,"","(count(ropeAttachedObjects cursorTarget) != 0)"];

*Untested - not sure, if the condition is in the right place :P

• Like 2

New mod v0.1-beta available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey dscha , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Do you plan to release tow version of mod? I mean pbo with userconfig files, where you may add vehicles and set tow points (in front of and behind), define what vehicle to be a tractor. This mod will be the best tow mod!

I mean now you can tow trailer with zamak and HEMTT and you cannot tow other vehicles. Zamak <-> Offroad for example.

The big problem is the uber-Handbrake. No chance to make it move, without a Player/AI in it, wich makes the initial move.

It would be nice, if we could disable that dang thing :/

• Like 2

A scripted solution would be much better. Completly removing it is, imho, not needed and counter-productive.

Yerp, already voted for that.

But, as usual but understandable, it takes time ;)

Any Feedback about MP possible? Is it working well or does it make any troubles?

+thx alot for moving this Thread. I was about to ask for it.