dscha

Truck and Trailer - Arma 3 - Standalone Released (22.10.2015)

Currently working on a Mix between mine and another Version. Should be "releaseable" in the next 2 Weeks.

If you are looking for a successful (Truck And Trailer) then the JSDF mod for arma 3 has one. It is a lighter trailer but it gets the job done. I recommend contacting the author if your interested. There is no additional scripts which is nice, you just place a vehicle down (Even with MCC or Zeus) like the Japanese HMV and the trailer, then get in the HMV back it up, an option shows up in the action menu to attach the trailer and away you go. Sorry if this has already been brought up or you already have a fix.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24700

After a short look: "AttachTo" is used for it, and it moves far from smooth =/

Yeah AttachTo is VERY jerky and not suitable at all for MP, due to the stuttering.

Is it helpfull that PhysX Libs are now open source?

They are not, only the developers are free to make adjustements now to the system

Testingphase (Multiplayer with multiple Units (+10 drivers)) will be starting mid next week.

Lets hope, that it works well ;)

Okay, about 20 Ppl driving around in MP, no Problems (except the "bungee"movement of the ropes).

Video of it, will come later.

Release: Idk, have to finish the model itself.

Sounds great! Will it be mod or script? Will there be the possibility to add other vehicles as towing machines, or objects to be towed?

Some Trucks in Action (man, i want to get rid of that wobblewobblewobble -.-)

(starting from 8:30 = Weight System for Vehicles)

Video from MultiSasch:

Yes, Mod (Trailer) + Script.

Erm, if you have any new Trucks or Trailer, sure.

Thought of adding towing trucks (f.e. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?177472-WIP-Airfield-Logistics), make them able to tow jets (vanilla, rhs, USAF, aso) or tow this one (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?177933-C-RAM-%28Counter-Rocket-Artillery-and-Mortar%29) with the vanilla HEMMT towing truck. Or just tow vehicles like tanks with something like the bobcat.

This is very promising! It seems that your method is the best towing method so far, since it's fully MP compatible. My Arma 2 setVelocity method (

) worked only on even terrain and not in MP.

I see that you used two ropes to the left and right. Doesn't it help to put two more to the front and back? And is the trailer still a normal object, or a vehicle class now?

Good luck with this, I hope we'll see a standalone addon from this!

2 more Ropes (Front/Back) won't change that much, that you would notice it :/

It's configured like an ordinary Vehicle, with some Parts changed (I'll release the MLOD Model later on, so maybe someone can create a fitting Truck for the Trailer).

Not sure if you guys have seen this but Jonzie has accomplished this with PhysX. No scripts other then setting the trailer in position.

Not sure if you guys have seen this but Jonzie has accomplished this with PhysX. No scripts other then setting the trailer in position.

Wich has the Problem, that, when you are far enough away, the GeoLod will be disabled and it falls down.

Thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?164772-Now-with-PhysX-Able-to-make-articulated-trailers/page5&highlight=trailer

A collaboration between those methods may be the ultimate solution. So use the rope when an AI is in, and use the pin-hole method when you're the driver. Even more advanced would be switching methods depending on player's position, but that would be a nightmare in MP environments.

Maybe Jonzie is willing to collaborate?

Don't know, never asked.

I already tested around a bit with it, but don't have the time to create a proper Truck for it (anyone willing to do one?).

Status: Currently testing on our Server. Seems to work pretty fine (except the ups and downs, when the Trailer is fully loaded (Weightsystem for Vehicles) -.-).

Are we lookin towards public release anytime soon?