chief_wiggum

Ingame 9Liners & Notepad

Hey. This is a wonderful mod!

The only thing that I miss is the ability to change line on the noteblock.

Now I have to use the spacebar until it goes to a new line.

Would be lovely if you can change the line by using up and down arrow keys.

Is this possible?

On 2017-02-09 at 8:41 AM, loopdk said:

It is only client side :D

I have the latest version with the correct keys installed. It only allows people to connect if running serverside. Are you 100% sure it's clientside *ONLY*? 

I am admin at oure server and its not running it on the server...

the server key is on the server but not mod... and 6-8 guys are using it!

On 04/08/2015 at 10:54 PM, chief_wiggum said:

Sorry for the late respond, i haven't been into ArmA for a while now!

Just wanted to say, that I am not working on this project anymore.

But i can assure, that there will be a rework of this mod soon.

~Chief

Hey there, I understand you don't want to work on the project anymore. However, would it be possible to stick the source code of this awesome mod as it stands, on to Github or some other collaboration site so that we can potentially offer pull requests, etc.?

Also, when is this rework going to be released?

@chief_wiggum ^

@serjames What has happened with the 3CB version of this mod you were working on? Has it been released? Where can I find it? And more importantly... does the server key work... because the current version of 9Liners and Notepad has its server key broken.

Hi Mate... never got further than a "Moon on a Stick" project... i.e. I raised it as an idea and it wasn't proceeded with - to be honest the FAC's seem to manage with real pens and paper... :-)

Sorry i can't help

• Like 1

On 08/02/2016 at 1:20 PM, kimukun said:

Hey. This is a wonderful mod!

The only thing that I miss is the ability to change line on the noteblock.

Now I have to use the spacebar until it goes to a new line.

Would be lovely if you can change the line by using up and down arrow keys.

Is this possible?

@kimukun to go to a new on the noteblock, you can either hold shift or alt and then hit enter. This skips to a new line, no need for spaces :)

On 19/02/2015 at 4:11 PM, Dr3adn0ught35 said:

As J_ONeill stated, that is a rough outline of what I am working on in our unit. I am still trying to perfect it so it is real, useful, and streamlined. Here is the current version of it, but I intend on touching it up before I let my unit use it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwsUHnZyHAJWQWViSWVFUEUwVU0/view?usp=sharing

Because of my perfectionist nature, is there anyway we could create our own? That way, I could edited it as often as I please? I would feel bad about continually bugging you with "better" versions. Alternatively, I could just make a publishable version for you if you feel that you want to keep this mod hermetic.

PS: This CFF is more or less a condensed version of pg 14, 17, 18, 19. Tell me what you think.

@Dr3adn0ught35 I am creating a github repo for this project, in an effort to keep it alive. Feel free to create pull requests there for your page format.

Repo: https://github.com/Saborknight/9liners-and-notepad

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Worry not, I will only mention this once more: We have started further developing this mod. I have attempted contacting @chief_wiggum. So far, to no avail. Once he responds I'll see if he can't modify the initial post of this forum to reflect the rejuvenation of development to any future people who may be warned off by the big red "Development of this mod has stopped". Chief, if you're reading, I'd very much like to talk to you about the mod and about the status of the rewrite you were talking about before on this thread.

Until then, we are looking for any more developers who would like to offer their own improvements on this mod to help make it grooow! The github link above is broken (sorry) but heres the working one: https://github.com/Saborknight/9liners-and-notepad

So, if you have anything to add to the mod, feel free to submit a pull request! Want to make more regular contributions? Contact me to be added to the collaborator's list!

Thanks and enjoy!

• Like 1

It has been half a year now since attempting to contact @chief_wiggum... I have yet to receive a response. Is there anyone else out there who knows Chief Wiggum more than just the public channels? I have tried contacting him on Steam, here.. I have tried contacting him through the maker of a review video of this mod on Youtube... As yet, I have received absolutely nothing from anyone.

So, I ask again, does anyone have any method by which I can contact Chief Wiggum?

Many many thanks if you do.

@Arend the Bastard Is this project still going? It would be good to get the BAF Issue slate cards added so we have the right 9-Liners and Fire Mission cards etc. I have electronic versions in PDF that Im sure would be easy to import. Im just not a coder myself so dont know how to edit the current mod. Anyone around to help? 

Hi Madge,

The project is still pogressing, albeit firing on a single cylinder.

As for your point about adding another couple of formats, currently the system is in the middle of an everhaul, so adding a new format may or may not break in the meantime. If you can, hold off until the new version comes out.

• Like 1