chief_wiggum

Ingame 9Liners & Notepad

Hey mate,

glad to see what people can to after watching my scripting tutorial videos :) I was thinking about writing something similar a few days ago, went to Armaholic and saw your submit. Looks fantastic.

If you are interested I would present your mod on my youtube channel :)

Cheers

Hey Hoegi,

thank your really much for the feedback and the awsome scripting tutorials!

Without them, this mod wouldn't even exist!

I would be honored to see a video about it on your channel. :)

BTW: Version 0.2 is out now!

Thanks for informing us about the update :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

bloody amazing. thats precisely what i needed. if only we will have proper binoculars with mills and ruler on map, our community mod pack will be complete

A little question:

Would you guys like to have a button in the dialog to take control of your vehicle/character or a hotkey?Or both?

~Chief

Thanks for the quick update, enjoying it! For your question, i would like to have some key which switches the control over to the vehicle/character but still allows you to view at the dialog. That with you could conduct or assest operations while planing.

"....but still allows you to view at the dialog"

Sure! That's how it's planned. ;)

Hi first amazing addons i love it ! second can you make a sort of Action Report document ? (number of casualty , number of Enemy killed or wounded , what happen... ect ect) And can you make it unique like the ACRE radio ? so when you drop it on the ground the other player when they take it can read what you write on it ? maybe a system of ID or something like that can work ?

This is awesome. Love the notepad. Very usable for me when working on addons

BUG REPORT:

For me, the clickable area of the right side buttons don't line up on the notepad. Here's how they line up for me (My screen resolution is 1920x1080):

• SAVE PAGE: click on "Clear Page"
  • CLEAR PAGE: Click half way down right side of notepad
  • CLEAR ALL: Click 75% of the way down the right side of the notepad
  • CLOSE: Click on bottom right corner of notepad.

These are consistent whether I move the notepad around my screen or leave it where it first appears.

The left and right arrows work fine and the text entry works fine.

Hey Hoegi,

thank your really much for the feedback and the awsome scripting tutorials!

Without them, this mod wouldn't even exist!

I would be honored to see a video about it on your channel. :)

BTW: Version 0.2 is out now!

Could take a few days, because I am very busy the next days, but I will take a look for sure. I will post the link in this thread, when I am done :)

Hi first amazing addons i love it ! second can you make a sort of Action Report document ? (number of casualty , number of Enemy killed or wounded , what happen... ect ect) And can you make it unique like the ACRE radio ? so when you drop it on the ground the other player when they take it can read what you write on it ? maybe a system of ID or something like that can work ?

I dont like the idea of an id system, which would (as acre and tfar do) mess up the arsenal system, when you use (as we do) a restricted arsenal, which is needed to prevent players from using arma 3 content. Also, i dont think an After Action Review/Report Formular is needed, because (correct me if i`m wrong) you`ll be posting it in some forum. If Chief adds a AAR Formular then i would like to have a function to either export it into pdf (or any other format) or some function to export it directly to a website.

Edited by christian2526

yeah i see but that was an idea and for a someone who don't know how to make some big mod like me it's a great exemple !

Indeed, i`m not saying its a bad idea to being able to drop it and pick it up, but maybe its possible with another system?

Really good idea, i hope that technic came up with rangetables and so on, oh that would be real nice.

Mayby you think about to add a function to copy it or let it copy for your teammates how ace did it with map markings.

Greetings from Austria ;)

Hey! This is really great addon, missed something like that for a long time. looking forward to more updates. I have 2 requests for ya:

-It would be great to have artillery Call For Fire

-Consider making non-item version, so it's possible to use it client-side on servers that don't have it.

Thanks!

Hey guys,

@Baagoe

Maybe I'll include this in a later version.

@M1n1d0u

I won't make a 'id system', because i don't have any idea how to do this and there will be 'open other players notepad/9liners' and 'copy page' functions in future, so i don't think this is really needed, and the work wouldn't be worth it.

If you're talking about an AAR, are you talking about a document, that fills itself with text if someone dies for example? Then i can tell you: I'm not going to create any magic paper! :)

@Feint

Sorry again. :)

@Hoegnison

Take your time mate!;)

@Speedygonzales

Well the problem is, that there're 1000 of rangetables on the internetZ, and i can't include all of them.

Whoever is interrestet in rangetables to be included, pls tell me which one. :)

@BlackHawk_PL

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/library/policy/dod/t0302060.pdf

Page 14, 17, 18 and 19 will be included in one of the next versions.

Well i thought about making a script version of this, but i already did that with my ACIM and its really exhausting to work on two version at the same time, because you have to do anything twice, rename paths,... all that shit.

What do you guys think? Do you need/want the items? Let me know!

Because if you guys don't need/want them, i'll kick them out an we have a nice client-side mod.

~Chief

What do you guys think? Do you need/want the items? Let me know!

Because if you guys don't need/want them, i'll kick them out an we have a nice client-side mod.

Only if they don't take up any inventory space. ;) But actually I'd be fine without inventory items for this mod. A copy-function (like the copy map-function from ACE) would be enough - it'd be great though if you could copy off of dead player's bodies just as well as from alive ones.

Yes and writing into your friends notepads can also be a perfect troll ;)

Thanks for FB!

~Chief

@AWC_Chief_Wiggum

I asked for non-item version because small mods like this one may not always be included in modpacks of some clans/units, because only a few people have important roles like FAC/FO, it would be great to be able to use it without bothering someone to add it to modpack and then update it.

Item version has also a major drawback: you need to edit all previous missions to make them compatible and in case the mod is removed, they may get broken.

IMHO having them as items doesn't create too many gameplay opportunities, just not worth all the hassle.