2bfFkgp.jpg

THS
Tactical Hand Signals

by Emperias & zgmrvn

When distances are too long for voice communication* and as a quick alternative to radio communication* at short range, we are proud to release the Tactical Hand Signals. The THS provides, in a MilSim vision, some simples an clear hand signals you can use in any situation. All these gestures were made by ourselves to be as clear and natural as possible.

* when using TFAR or ACRE2

Features

- Tap shoulder action to informe your mates without a word
- 8 original animations based on real hand signals, designed to accomodate gameplay as well as aesthetics
- Customisable key bindings to fit your keyboard configuration

Screens

gYLI4hx.jpg VptO9c8.jpg OkucIoA.jpg Ti3lqcd.jpg

Video

How it works

When THS is enabled, the keys that have been assigned using the CBA system will trigger hand signal animations. You can disable THS by pressing the "enable/disable THS" key.

By default, THS actions are bound to the 1-9 keys, so enabling THS will override the AI command controls. Just disable THS if you need to command AI.

Default controls

- P : enable/disable THS
- 1 : tap shoulder
- 2 : stop
- 3 : get cover
- 4 : forward
- 5 : rally up
- 6 : engage
- 7 : point
- 8 : hold
- 9 : warning

All key bindings can be customized from the CBA key binding menu, which you can find in configure > controls > configure addon.

If you use ALT for Freelook, you will have to bind each key twice in the binding menu. This is because of how the CBA key bindings system handles ALT, CTRL and SHIFT.

Requirements

Community Base addons A3

Download links

THS

THS on armaholic.com

THS on Steam (bikey not included)

bikey only

Changelog

1.2.4 - december 13 2016
- fixed : what a "soulder" is ?
- enhanced : code optimisation
- enhanced : binarization

1.2.3 - june 07 2016
- fixed : shoulder tap sound didn't worked anymore since 1.60

- fixed : minor script error

- fixed : script error when trying to reload without weapon
- enhanced : some script rework to prevent errors in vehicles

- added : 2 new animations, "hold" and "warning"

- fixed : support for new CBA key binding system

- added : 2 new animations, "point" and "engage"
- fixed : it was possible to thow dozens of shoulder taps by holding key pressed
- fixed : no shoulder tap reception display when THS was disabled
- fixed : error when reloading launchers
- removed : logo when starting mission, it has been considered too instusive so we removed it
- refactored : THS recieves new shaped logo, main logo has been refactored using ths animation

- fixed : shoulder tap sound now works -__-'

- release

• Like 4

What no one has done before with hand signal is making them toggled*.Is that a possibility?

*look at Dayz system.

This would be cool if missions with TFAR didn't generally give absolutely everyone radios. Since if you have a radio, whispering in the radio is perfectly safe and more clear than a hand signal. And I don't know anyone really playing regularly with TFAR without everyone having radios. And even then, it would only be useful in PvP because in COOP you can just switch to yelling.

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Zigomarvin;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Perfect, can you just slow down the animation a bit?

---------- Post added at 22:47 ---------- Previous post was at 22:44 ----------

This is for milsim, as most online units like to mirror the training of the real life counterpart

Animations aren't bad at all. If you intend to add the other gestures that VTS Gesture adds, I might stop using it and use this instead. ;)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Zigomarvin) on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Great job on the animations. Some of the hand signal implementation I've seen over the years have had quite wonky animations but these are great. :)

Animations aren't bad at all. If you intend to add the other gestures that VTS Gesture adds, I might stop using it and use this instead. ;)

The animations aren't bad, they are just a bit quick, when you do a hand signal to a your team mates you tend to do this slowly so they can see, the hand signal that tends to be faster in real life is the cease fire

I don't know anyone really playing regularly with TFAR without everyone having radios

We do, only squad leader and second has short range radios. All depends where you put difficulty cursor.

If you intend to add the other gestures that VTS Gesture adds, I might stop using it and use this instead.

VTS uses default game gestures which aren't really pratical, clear or even necessary. Curently, we reduced animations to essentials.

Thanks to kecharles28 and Foxhound for having relayed it on WithSix and Armaholic ;)

Edited by Zigomarvin

I love it, finally i can drop vts gestures, never liked the system that you have to stand still and choose your gesture.

With this all runs smooth and in motion, hope that you made some more ;). But your standards are quite good and for me they are long enough, only have to rethink to watch the leader ;).

Heyho, could you a server key for this addon? Would be really nice and useful. We cannot use this mod without a server key (.bikey). Thanks

hey, ok, i take a look this week ;)

Really nice addon. One thing though. It seems that the shouldertap always taps the shoulder of the guy closest to you and not the one you're looking at. Would be great if you add that since I like the feedback this shouldertap gives much more compared to any other mod with a shoulder tap function.

hi,

thanks for your feedback. Let me explain how this shouldertap has been coded

when static, it shouldertaps the guy which is the most in front of you, distance regardless.

when moving, it's the same but based on velocity vector, that mean if you straf left and there is a guy on your left and another one in front of you, the shouldertaped guy will be the left one.

Hey guys, as requested, mod has been signed. Download in first thread

Edited by Zigomarvin

Hey guys, as requested, server bikey incuded. Download in first thread

Except that you didn't actually include the bikey, but only the bisign. :D

this is actually bisign ;), first time i do this and if the concept is clear for me, words aren't yet

The .bisign is the file that goes where the .pbo is. Thus far this is all correct.

But the .bisign needs a .bikey-file in the server's key-folder to know if the .pbo is the right one. When you created your .bisign-file, you did that with your .biprivatekey. When creating your .biprivatekey-file, you should have created a .bikey-file. That's the one server operators need in order to use the .bisign-file. The .biprivatekey should be in your hands only. Don't give this one away.

Edited by Belbo

Hi, this addon is great.

Unfortunately it is not compatible with the task force radio keys binding system using CBA functions.

Could you provide an upgraded version please ?

After retesting, all is fine.;)

Thanks for your work

Edited by Lynx75

@Belbo, it's fixed, the archive now includes both .bisign and .bikey :rolleyes: