Sign in to follow this  
x3kj

Pilot view not centered (camera source in rtm?)

Hi guys, i have a problem with my custom aircraft with custom pilot animation.

My cockpit model is perfectly symmetrical and centered. However, the helper-crosshair (just for testing purposes) clearly shows that the view axis is missaligned, so i'm assuming that something in the animation is not correctly centered?

2015-02-13_00006eiu44.jpg2015-02-13_00007jiu0y.jpg

As you can see i had to turn the view ingame quite a bit to the right to get the center of the HUD alligned with the bulletpath

Could that be a problem of the animation? Can somebody explain to me what part of the pilot animation skeleton is responsible for the camera orientation and position? Because it doesnt seem like moving the camera bone does anything in this case. I also tried centering the rest of the bones as well but i dont see any change of the camera at all, it stays missaligned.

Edited by Fennek

Well, the bottom reason is the memorypoint(name"pilot) of character's 3D model is not center, slightly left side. You may open the BI's character model template, and check the "pilot" memory point's coordination. I don't know if it is the intention of BI or not. But it really sucks. Beacuse of this, RHS's helicopter or jets has same issue. You may tweak this by revise rtm file, let the head slight turn right.