Sign in to follow this  
zbug

[SP/MP] ClashPoint

Overview

ClashPoint is the closest equivalent to an instant action feature in Arma 3. It's the fastest way to go from the main menu to a cool firefight! You can play the way you want: solo, coop or PvP.

Features

- Fight to control the ClashPoint in dynamically generated infantry firefights on numerous different locations all around Altis and Kunduz,
- You can choose to play solo, coop, PvP, and the mission will adapt to the number of players,
- You can play the mission as a singleplayer scenario (you will join AI forces), on a local server, or dedicated server,
- Revive/respawn system based on Farooq's revive that also works in solo play (which means dying in solo doesn't end the mission),
- Motorized reinforcements and close air support to help the losing team and even out the fight,
- Spawn protection to discourage those nasty spawn campers,
- Cool killfeed that displays all your bragging rights!

Download

Latest version: 1.5 (April 17th 2016)

Steam workshop:

MPMissions pbo:

Kunduz version requires RHS and Leights Opfor Pack. And of course Kunduz :)

You are free to modify the mission and especially port it to other maps, and/or use whatever mods you like (hint: classnames.sqf). It works great with RHS :)

Enjoy!

Edited by zbug

This is a superb mission, especially combined with bCombat ! Having Galliusto's revive on would make AI revive ... which would add to the loveliness !

I am also having great fun with this one. I only play it in SP, with RHS units.

But I would like to play it in SP on the OPFOR side. I have modified the mission.sqm in the editor to play on the red side. Then saved it and put in a pbo. But one of the init script, I suppose, force my well-spawned soldier to be on the Blufor side... I really don't know what to modify in those multiple scripts.

I notice that in multiplayer, self hosted server and only player, I spawn on the right side. But not integrated in a squad. So I really want to launch it in SP.

I would be glad to hear a small hint. Thanks

I am also having great fun with this one. I only play it in SP, with RHS units.

But I would like to play it in SP on the OPFOR side. I have modified the mission.sqm in the editor to play on the red side. Then saved it and put in a pbo. But one of the init script, I suppose, force my well-spawned soldier to be on the Blufor side... I really don't know what to modify in those multiple scripts.

I notice that in multiplayer, self hosted server and only player, I spawn on the right side. But not integrated in a squad. So I really want to launch it in SP.

I would be glad to hear a small hint. Thanks

I'm dearly sorry, but modifying the mission voids your warranty :p

More seriously, as you've already modified things you should be able to open \scripts\client\gimme_a_group.sqf (use notepad or notepad++ or whatever tool able to modify code without messing up everything, not MS office)

At line 9, replace

if ( side _x == WEST ) then {

with

if ( side _x == playerSide ) then {

Save the file, export the mission, it should do the trick ;)

Otherwise, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the mission!

This is a superb mission, especially combined with bCombat ! Having Galliusto's revive on would make AI revive ... which would add to the loveliness !

The issue with other revive scripts is that if you die in singleplayer, you can't respawn and the mission ends. It's a matter of balancing advantages and drawbacks, and Farooq's revive is my prefered solution because the players won't die prior to being revived ;)

Thank you for this fast answer, I will test this when I'll be back home, next weekend.

Thank you for this fast answer, I will test this when I'll be back home, next weekend.

You're welcome :)

Can you confirm it works as intended?

@tatwah: Don't use notepad - with wordwrap on it has a nasty trick of inserting a space at the end of every line that was wrapped, which thoroughly buggers up the script.

Notepad ++ is the tool I use, with the sqf plugin; or Poseidon (look in Arma 3 user tools forum) which will also colour-code the script.

Ok thank you Orcinus, I also use Notepad ++. ;-)

What Zbug told me works like a charm to fight on the right side. But I had to modify on more thing in order to not start as a CSAT soldier in the middle of the russian RHS fighters : I had to replace, in the editor, the units from vanilla one (CsAT) to RHS one (RHSAFRF). Then save this mission and put it in the modified pbo. The classnames.sqf modification is not sufficient if you want to first spawn with the good appearance.

I am more into long dynamic open missions, and only downloaded this one to be able to jump quickly into the action to check things... But I am surprised at how much fun I am having. Good job!

One question though. I am afraid it's a stupid one and everything is right there in front of me, but: in the arsenal, how do I get ammo? I get 3 measly mags for every rifle I choose, and can then get more from bodies, but the launchers come empty.

Neofit Click on the right side on vest or rucksacks the choose your ammunition on the lefst side for your weapons you have equipped.

@Speedygonzales thanks, it's almost this ;). Actually I have to click on the backpack or the vest on my toon in the middle, and I hadn't even noticed anything there, you have to hover the cursor over your doll for them to appear.

nice mission. but it drops my fps to 12 or 14 no matter how much i drop the view distance. my machine usually average 20-40 fps. is it just me?

looks interesting, I downloaded it on steam workshop and will be sure to give it a try

v1.5 is out for both Altis and Kunduz (see first post for download links)

Changelog:

• Updated FAR revive and GREUH extended options with the latest versions,
  • New arsenal UI that allows to quickload, define a respawn loadout, or copy the loadout from another player,
  • New extended option to enable player nametags,
  • Map markers have been improved,
  • New respawn option to take the place of the nearest AI group member,
  • AI groups with only a few remaining members will attempt to fusion with other groups,
  • New mission parameter to disable the ingame stamina system,
  • AI skills, weapon sway and weapon recoil have been tweaked.
  • Like 2

Thanks for the update.  I still play this mission to test out how good the AI are for various mods.  Cheers mate.

• Like 1

really like it! :)

any plans on adding hc support for coop purpose?

Nope, you won't have more than 100 AI troops at any given time, so HC support wouldn't improve anything

Been enjoying this very much, thank you. Is there any way of starting a mission in charge of an AI squad instead of starting as a squad member?

Thanks,

Great mod BTW. How do I select maps if I just want to splay with bots? And number of bots? Sorry I'm a noon. Thanks

Just tried it for the first time, nice one ;)

Any intention to make it on other maps ?

Thanks for sharing

Really enjoy the quick action and seems to run very well I have a few questions, is their an option anywhere for a base to be built or is the respawn set so we respawn in different areas each time. My thinking is building abse with vehicle and Maint support for MP on Dedicated server. I opened it in editor but everything is on the salt lake and you start in a totally different area.Great mission thanks for sharing.

Diesel