Sign in to follow this  
kelgram

Super Small Maps for CQB

Hi all,

Just out of curiosity for the time being as I am busy with Mission making.

Is it possible to make a very very small square terrain like 500m x 500m that would be for CQB, or would it still procedurally generate terrain after it?

Also can you cut and make a smaller map out of a large map e.g. if I loaded up Zargabad and cut out a 1km x 1km section, could I then make that into a new map?

If no to either of these questions, then I will stick to mission making :)

I was working on a 2x2km map but I've been advised to make it at least 4x4km by more than one person as the engine doesn't seem too happy dealing with very small maps (or very big ones). You could make a map that only has a detailed area of 500x500m though, the surroundings could just be flat. Then all you need is a 500x500m Thunderdome to keep everybody in (or out?).

As for cutting up existing maps, if you have the source heightfield data, it would in most case be possible to extract smaller areas from that.

I tested 1024x1024m, didn't work at all so that would be something too small for the engine.

I tested 1024x1024m, didn't work at all so that would be something too small for the engine.

Maybe something wrong with your settings. I've gotten a small 512x512 x1 meter cell in game

There's not too much You can do with it tho but i just used it for testing :)

Maybe something wrong with your settings. I've gotten a small 512x512 x1 meter cell in game

There's not too much You can do with it tho but i just used it for testing :)

At least you can put a lot of detail into it haha!

Hi guys, I made up a very small and detailed map. It si Linosa Island.

http://makearmanotwar.com/entry/CIGKtCsdzK

It has not been very lucky with contest even though it is the highest detailed map ever made (as far as I know). I think it is suitable for CQB and very easy to find hideaways, make up ambushes and son on in a close space (2.5 km x 2,5 km). It is areal island in Sicily - Italy.

Hope you'll enjoy it!