Maj D. Schultz

USMC Aircraft (AV8B/AH1/UH1)

Greetings BI Community,

I'm Karneck, good to meet you. I've released some tiny projects here and there, but this is my biggest leap into the "mod" scene. I started to learn how to code for ARMA 3 over a year ago.

I'm a member of the 15th MEU and apart of the Mod team for that Community. As a "Mil-Sim" unit, we weren't very happy with the current content in ARMA 3 and we're very grateful to other community members who've stepped up to help fill that gap. People like CUP, Chairborne, Chortles, HAFM(geraldbolso1899), RichardD and many many others that I can't even name here.

I'd like to thank Aaron in the 15th MEU (And our Mod team Leader) for his slow and steady guidance to help develop my craft. He's assisted me every step of the way for these 3 craft, along with many others in the 15th MEU.

Thanks for Turtle as well for all his help and knowledge on the MV-22.

I'd like to thank Chairborne, for his help and suggestions for which I was able to port over my own "vision" of the AV8B. Also to Chortles for helping me correct the animations on it.

I'd also like to thank RKSL-Rock for his HUD guide.

I'd like to thank HAFM (geraldbolso1899) and Aplion for their work in porting over the ARMA 2 Helicopters which gave me a great guide in being able to see what mistakes I made and how to correct them.

Also to Massie for helping me figure out abit for the FFV seats.

Before I get into what craft this is offering and what they do. I'd like to personally call out to CUP, if you guys need any assistance with getting your vehicles off the ground. Give me a holler, I don't have the time to dedicate to such a project (yet...) but I'm happy to help trouble shoot or give you my work as well.

So... on to the aircraft.

Apologies for a small bit in the AV8B demo where you can't hear me.

JULY 13th UPDATE AND VIDEO ALL LINKS HAVE BEEN UPDATED WITH NEW DOWNLOADS

But for reference

Version 1.5.0

AV8B - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3GvlnPW4ofdNGswOXBxNW1VcEU/view?usp=sharing

AH1 - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3GvlnPW4ofdaGVIbVQzMFVmazQ

UH1 - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3GvlnPW4ofdanE5RmNfb09BZTQ

MV22 - - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3GvlnPW4ofdZXU1elUyUHB2dnc

Voice Informer if you want it for all my aircraft - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3GvlnPW4ofdQkVQaXFWTlJmNkE

AFM IS CONSIDERED EXTREMELY WORK IN PROGRESS AS THIS IS CONSIDERED PROOF OF CONCEPT THAT IT CAN WORK

Sounds

ARMA 2 Sounds for the craft

AV8B - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3GvlnPW4ofdNGswOXBxNW1VcEU/view?usp=sharing

ARMAHOLIC - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28170

Comes with a custom HUD. It's a large part Rock's HUD Guide, add in a dash from the AV8B HUD from ARMA 2 and add in some neat features from the ARMA 3 Buzzard.

HUD also highlights targets found on Radar.

NEW

Updated Skin thanks to Kazimierz in the 6th AB

Toggle Formation Lights

FLIR Camera thanks to Chairborne for original idea.

Sounds

ARMA 2 Sounds for the craft

Weaponry

x300 Rounds 25mm Cannon

x14 FFAR HE Rockets

x2 AIM-9 Sidewinders

x2 GBU-12s

x4 Mavericks (AGM)

AH1 - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3GvlnPW4ofdaGVIbVQzMFVmazQ

Utilizes BluFor Attack Helicopter HUD for Pilot and Co-Pilot.

Has appropriate damage model. Shoot out the tail rotor and goes into spin, main rotor can be disabled with small arms fire, etc.

Has AFM (Advanced Flight Model) enabled and working. (Very much a WIP but it does work so long as you keep AUTO-TRIM ENABLED)

Can be sling loaded by DLC helicopters. (Or any custom helicopters capable of the lift.)

NEW

Updated Skin from 15th MEU - Thanks to Creech

Toggle Formation Lights

Removed Side Doors

Removed Targeting Hud

Toggle Red and Green Light

Sounds

ARMA 2 Sounds

Weaponry

Pilot

x38 FFAR HE Rocket (Credit to geraldbolso1899 for ripple fire codework)

Co-Pilot

x1 Laser designator (W/ 4 layers of Zoom up to x100 mag. NV/WH/BH)

x750 Rounds M197 20mm Cannon

x2 AIM-9 Sidewinders

x8 Hellfires (Wire-Guided and can Lock on to Laser or Targets)

UH1 [/url]https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3GvlnPW4ofdanE5RmNfb09BZTQ[/url]

Utilizes AAF Hellcat HUD for Pilot and Co-Pilot.

Has AGM Enabled Fast Roping (Still a WIP in placement, but it works for now.)

Has appropriate damage model. Shoot out the tail rotor and goes into spin, main rotor can be disabled with small arms fire, etc.

Has FFV enabled in ALL SEATS except, Gunners, Co-Pilot and the very CENTER bench seat.

Has AFM (Advanced Flight Model) enabled and working. (Very much a WIP but it does work so long as you keep AUTO-TRIM ENABLED)

Can be sling loaded by DLC helicopters. (Or any custom helicopters capable of the lift.)

Can Sling load at least small vehicles.

NEW

Toggle Formation Lights

Removed Side Doors

Removed Targeting Hud

Sounds

ARMA 2 Sounds

Weaponry

Pilot

x14 FFAR HE Rockets (Credit to geraldbolso1899 for ripple fire codework)

Co-Pilot

x1 Laser designator (W/ 4 layers of Zoom up to x100 mag. WH/BH)

Crew-chief and Door Gunner

x2 Mini-Guns

NEW

MV22 - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3GvlnPW4ofdZXU1elUyUHB2dnc

Co-Pilot

x1 Laser designator (W/ 4 layers of Zoom up to x100 mag. WH/BH)

Toggle Formation Lights

Removed Side Doors

Removed Targeting Hud

Able to stand in walk-way while helicopter is in motion, able to run down ramp when helicopter is landed.

I do plan very much to keep updating these craft over time. Any suggestions, comments or feedback. Please leave here.

Edited by Karneck

Hey Karnek, great and unexpected release (haven´t seen any thread about it in mod discussion, but nevermind)! It is nice to see such well modded/ported USMC birds without further dependancies (no HAFM helis nor CUP/AiA required) for a change... haven´t tried much, but so far no big deal (can spawn them with VVS/MCC, no errors poping up, which is fine...)

I´ll try to use them more and then provide some feedback - except for what you´ve already pointed out on your demo video lol but so far, so good ;D

Congrats! Cheers! =)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

With all of the respect to your hard work, if the Title Says: USMC Aircraft's, Im looking to see all of the Aircraft's of the USMC and not only 3 of it....

But thanks anyway, i like the projects.

Its comments like this, that make addon makers decide not to bother releasing addons. Please be abit more respectively.

@Karneck great job on the release :)

Its comments like this, that make addon makers decide not to bother releasing addons. Please be abit more respectively.

@Karneck great job on the release :)

Maybe, ill change my comment.

USMC use also Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey, Sikorsky CH-53 Sea Stallion and KC-130 Hercules.

Can you please try to work on it?? or suggest to other makers to work on it??

P.S. great Job.

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Karneck;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Karneck;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Maybe, ill change my comment.

USMC use also Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey, Sikorsky CH-53 Sea Stallion and KC-130 Hercules.

P.S. great Job.

For the record, the USMC also flies the CH-46 Sea Knight, and the FA/18C/D.

If you really want to get into the weeds about it, HMX-1 also flies the VH-3D Sea King and the VH-60N WhiteHawk as presidential transport helicopters.

If you're going to be critical, at least be accurate.

To Karneck, thanks for your mod. I'm looking forward to checking it out for my MEU mission on the Imrali map where we launch from Atlas' LHD.

Oohrah.

got my info from: https://www.marines.com/home

And I got my info from five years of active-duty service in the Air Wing and two combat deployments. Who do you think is more likely to be correct?

And I got my info from five years of active-duty service in the Air Wing and two combat deployments. Who do you think is more likely to be correct?

You, and i have full respect for you sir!.

Thanks for updating my knowledge!

Yes, yes yes. As a Marine I approve.. :)

This looks great. Glad to see non- US Army assets, especially helicopters haha.

But I do have to ask:

Is a CH-53 a possibility? It's such a monster and I haven't seen one in a game, at all actually.

Edit: just saw the above suggestion for the CH-53. heuhehueh.

Seriously though, there's a huge gap in the cargo/transport category - it's pretty much only CH-47's or variants. If you were to make something to the caliber of these..

Anyways, great mod :]

Edited by Jaaxxxxon

Congrats on release! About time somebody did these separately!! :o

Took you long enough ;)

Flew the venom for the first time yesterday in an MCC mission and it flies like a charm. Great job on them :D

Also in regards to the CH53, #HoldYoWarhorsies. Mv-22B is already released thanks to Karneck's, deltagamer's, and sw4l's help :D(Check link)

Hey man great job on the hellis.

Just a question on the fidelity of AFM on those hellis.

I really think the AH-9 has the most accurate flight model of all where as PO-30 even though done by Bohiema just doesn't seems to do justice at all.

I know the RotorLib FM takes into account the power, weight amongst other factors into account into it's flight model. I wonder how accurate are the flight models for those helicopters you added in. Did you have to research the weight, thrust, etc... and are the incorporated into the RotorLib FM?

Thanks

I will admit the title doe's seem all encompassing. I'll adjust it.

There is currently already a released MV-22 in an alpha state that you can find here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?186893-Turtle-s-Armory

That is currently the MV-22 that the 15th MEU uses, however it is an "ALPHA" state.

That mod author is also working on getting a CH-53 made as well.

As for the 130 series of aircraft, there are plenty of other aircraft that can simulate it. Sadly I'm not a modeler or a texture guy, I know enough to get by with making minor edits and adjustments. Config work is where my skills largely lay.

For the record, the USMC also flies the CH-46 Sea Knight, and the FA/18C/D.

If you really want to get into the weeds about it, HMX-1 also flies the VH-3D Sea King and the VH-60N WhiteHawk as presidential transport helicopters.

Actually the USMC has discontinued the CH-46 Sea Knight, they are no longer in service and are all in the process of being stripped down.

As for the FA-18's. The link I posted above, the same mod author is also looking to make F-18 C/D's. However Paul Spartans F18 E/F's are excellent substitutes.

Just a question on the fidelity of AFM on those hellis.

I really think the AH-9 has the most accurate flight model of all where as PO-30 even though done by Bohiema just doesn't seems to do justice at all.

I know the RotorLib FM takes into account the power, weight amongst other factors into account into it's flight model. I wonder how accurate are the flight models for those helicopters you added in. Did you have to research the weight, thrust, etc... and are the incorporated into the RotorLib FM?

Thanks

Currently I have the UH1 and AH1 basing their RotorLib off of the AFF Hellcat, as that is the only craft that most realistically resembles the flight model for them.

So no, currently the flight models on AFM is not accurate at all. Working, yes. But there is almost no way for me to model them realistically as I do not have access to the files needed to explain how the real thing translates into a game like ARMA 3. It's nothing so simple as "Set engine horsepower to this!"

I do plan to develop and adjust the AFM over time, but it will take alot of reading and play testing. I just wanted to get working models on the aircraft, and hopefully people in the community could help me develop it further.

Hey, a couple of things I'd like to point out:

1- those rocket ripples look very familiar...

2- I suggest u change the primary gunner on the UH-1Y to the copilot, that way u can know where the turret is aiming and for that matter he'll be able to find tgts for u to strafe with rockets, makes no sense using the doorgunner's gun. You can achive this by making the copilot "primarygunner=1;".

I know you guys used to use my helos, and they were bugged in a lot of stuff. What I would have liked, coming form the 15th MEU is that somebody did some proper feedback. All I heard was people bitching about my stuff not working and not providing a single feedback on the threads. Later I found out that the hellfire missile launch modes created a stoopid amount of lag in MP. In SP they did their work just fine (who cares :p).

Enough about my rant.

Feel free to ask any questions or ask for stuff regarding the turrets and HMDs.

Cheers

Hey, a couple of things I'd like to point out:

1- those rocket ripples look very familiar...

2- I suggest u change the primary gunner on the UH-1Y to the copilot, that way u can know where the turret is aiming and for that matter he'll be able to find tgts for u to strafe with rockets, makes no sense using the doorgunner's gun. You can achive this by making the copilot "primarygunner=1;".

I know you guys used to use my helos, and they were bugged in a lot of stuff. What I would have liked, coming form the 15th MEU is that somebody did some proper feedback. All I heard was people bitching about my stuff not working and not providing a single feedback on the threads. Later I found out that the hellfire missile launch modes created a stoopid amount of lag in MP. In SP they did their work just fine (who cares :p).

Enough about my rant.

Feel free to ask any questions or ask for stuff regarding the turrets and HMDs.

Cheers

For 1. I believe in this case, there is only one way to skin a cat. But yes you're original coding laid the groundwork. I believe I already credited you for the work you've done? I'll adjust my credits to reflect that.

For 2. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll think about it. I had people in my unit asking for both, but sadly can only make one or the other work for right now. I plan to keep trying to figure it out.

Sadly I will have to agree with you about wanting to get "proper" feedback from people. Even in my own unit, getting the "right" feedback is extremely difficult as if I can just wave a "wand" and fix everything. Even had a guy with the balls to tell me that I should just know everything and fix it. Because having IRL responsibilities, unit responsibilities and what little free time I have learning how to code... yeah...

At the time the unit was using your mod, I was still considered a FNG in the unit and I was still very much developing my own ability in figuring out ARMA 3 Code or I'm sure I would of been on the same page with you, it's really only in the last 3 months that I've gotten things figured out and confident enough to open up about it. Figuring out why things brake, and don't brake in ARMA 3 is a extremely exhaustive process.

I do hold the highest regard for your ability, and I only wish that my unit at the time had someone more dedicated to branching out better to mod authors. But we didn't then, but we do now. Thanks for the offers of help, you likely will get a message from me at some point.

For 1. I believe in this case, there is only one way to skin a cat. But yes you're original coding laid the groundwork. I believe I already credited you for the work you've done? I'll adjust my credits to reflect that.

For 2. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll think about it. I had people in my unit asking for both, but sadly can only make one or the other work for right now. I plan to keep trying to figure it out.

Sadly I will have to agree with you about wanting to get "proper" feedback from people. Even in my own unit, getting the "right" feedback is extremely difficult as if I can just wave a "wand" and fix everything. Even had a guy with the balls to tell me that I should just know everything and fix it. Because having IRL responsibilities, unit responsibilities and what little free time I have learning how to code... yeah...

At the time the unit was using your mod, I was still considered a FNG in the unit and I was still very much developing my own ability in figuring out ARMA 3 Code or I'm sure I would of been on the same page with you, it's really only in the last 3 months that I've gotten things figured out and confident enough to open up about it. Figuring out why things brake, and don't brake in ARMA 3 is a extremely exhaustive process.

I do hold the highest regard for your ability, and I only wish that my unit at the time had someone more dedicated to branching out better to mod authors. But we didn't then, but we do now. Thanks for the offers of help, you likely will get a message from me at some point.

Awesome mate, glad we on the same page :)

Yeah i thought maybe i was referred as one of the HAFM guys, which im not :p

*face to desk*

I forgot to include signed keys for dedicated servers. My fault, next time I do an update I swear it'll have properly signed keys for your folks that run tight servers.

Didn't cross my mind because I run private server with signed key check turned off.