Sign in to follow this  
jts_2009

Squad system SQ-2

Squad system SQ-2

Author: JTS

Description:

This is the second version of squad system I made for ARMA 3.

Features:

- Join any player, who is on your side (join to AI is not possible, but you can have them in your squad)

- Kick any player in your squad

- Send invitation to another player

- Create password for your squad

- You can leave your current squad

- Editable variables

- Notifications for players

- Script will automatically find you in the 'Squad' list

- User friendly UI

- You can give leadership to another player in your squad

- New GUI style (ARMA 3 GUI)

- Dynamic colors. Colors of icons and some text will change to the color you have selected in the game settings

- Send requests about status of the player (status (alive or not), health, squad size, position, rank, name)

- Privacy settings. You can disable requests about you. So another player will not be able to knows your status.

- Rank icon left from player's name

- Optimized for 1024x768 resolution (4:3) too

Installation / Usage:

Download the example mission.

1. If you have file 'Init.sqf' already in your mission, then copy from my init.sqf line: execVM "JTS_SQUAD\Functions.sqf"; and add it to your init.sqf. Otherwise - just copy the init.sqf to your mission.

2. If you have already Description.ext - copy the line: #include "JTS_SQUAD\SQ-1.hpp" and add it to your description.ext. Otherwise just copy the Description.ext to your mission.

3. Copy the folder 'JTS_SQUAD' into your mission (not compatible with Squad system SQ-1)!!

4. You can adjust the script. Open file 'Functions.sqf' located in \JTS_SQUAD\. You will see the editable variables. Change them on your own.

JTS_SquadSize = 5; // Set the maximum number of units in one squad. Attention! If you have more units in your squad than the limit - a unit will be removed from your squad, until the squad-limit and amount of units in your squad will not be the same as variable JTS_SquadSize. Do NOT use values lower than 3. Value 5 means, 5 units. Also commander + his units = 5. His units = 4. Maximum: 50

JTS_PROHIBIT_INVITES = 0; // if 0 - invitations are allowed on mission-start. If 1 - invitations are prohibited on mission-start

JTS_RND_PASS = 0; // if 0 - players don't have password on mission-start. If 1 - random password will be created for every player on mission-start

JTS_REQ_STATS = 1; // if 0 - requesting the status of player is not possible at mission start. if 1 - every player can check the status of any player at mission start.

Media:

Notes:

- Attention! This script removes automatically a unit from your squad, if you have more units than the variable JTS_SquadSize.

Credits & Thanks:

Script was tested by: JTS (me), Urban, Shuravi

License / Disclaimer:

You are allowed to use this in your mission, but you are NOT allowed to:

1. Change it

2. Publish it from your name

3. Change it/Publish it from your name

[Download]

Edited by JTS_2009

Great work! Love the green color, throwback to the alpha days

The color depends on your game-color settings

Thanks for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Permissions (12.02.2015):

Description:

barbaloni have permission to change code in the script (not full-rewrite).

Where:

Only in mission [sP] Arma 3 - Antistasi Altis

Duration:

Valid to the final state of the mission. If mission is not more developed and is not finished - barbaloni doesn't have permissions to change anything.

License:

barbaloni doesn't have permission to remove author's name. He also need to add '//Modified by barbaloni' line into Functions.sqf and another scripts.

Edited by JTS_2009

Hey JTS_2009 great job on this I was wondering if it might be possible to have the group console open and close with a bound key instead of scroll menu as it keeps popping up the squad option on the screen?

Hey JTS_2009 great job on this I was wondering if it might be possible to have the group console open and close with a bound key instead of scroll menu as it keeps popping up the squad option on the screen?

its possible but i dont want do this