Sign in to follow this  
Sgt H. Taylor

PBOProject crash on converting WRP

##PLEASE DISREGARD THE BELOW UNTIL FURTHER##

(AKA I did a forum search with bad terms and just found a helpful thread to try)

Hi everybody- Having already found this quote:

Hello everyone.

I'm trying to use mikeros pboProject to pack my terrain. Get a crash when the dos window says:

"Convert world myterrainprojectfolder\myterrain.wrp -> P:\temp\myterrainprojectfolder\myterrain.wrp"

Then a pop up: "Binarize for arma 4 has stopped working". Packing failed etc.. No errors in packing.log.

Have latest pboProject and dePbo.dll. Addon builder packs fine and terrain works in game etc.

How to troubleshoot?

edit: Ok problem fixed itself somehow. tldr: there was some fuckery afoot and things just started to work again.

Sorry and thank you.

-Juhansson

I am having the same issue. My output ends with:

rapify x32UnicodeVersion 1.75, Dll 4.77 "roadslib.cfg"
No Error(s)
1Pro\umbc\texHeaders.bin
1 File(s) copied
1Pro\umbc\umbc.hpp
1 File(s) copied
       1 file(s) copied.
       1 file(s) copied.
       1 file(s) copied.
       1 file(s) copied.
       1 file(s) copied.
       1 file(s) copied.
       1 file(s) copied.
       1 file(s) copied.
       1 file(s) copied.
       1 file(s) copied.

and my binlog ends with:

No entry 'P:\bin\config.cpp/CfgSurfaces.Water'.
No entry '.files'.
'/' is not a value
No entry '.rough'.
'/' is not a value
No entry '.lucidity'.
'/' is not a value
No entry '.dust'.
'/' is not a value
No entry '.soundEnviron'.
'/' is not a value
No entry '.impact'.
'/' is not a value

I know throwing no-entry logs is perfectly normal when I have nothing fleshed out on the map at all (other than a single road just to keep my roads.shp reference in the config happy). I'm a little confused though. pboProject gets to converting the WRP and almost immediately hangs itself, with the windows "Binarize for Arma 3 has stopped working" popup. Upon selecting close program, it simply reports packing failed, but all I get at the end of the logs are the two pastes above. Any suggestions on how to unmess this? Unlike the OP I found above, it hasn't magically unmessed itself.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by spartancain

Hello. lol "Binarize for arma 4 has stopped working".:) i have the same problem. I use now Addon builder and write in the List of files : *.pac;*.paa;*.rtm;*.sqf;*.sqs;*.bikb;*.fsm;*.wss;*.ogg;*.wav;*.fxy;*.csv;*.html;*.lip;*.txt;*.wrp;*.bisurf;*.rvmat;*.cfg;*.p3d;*.dbf;*.prj;*.shp;*.shx

works fine.

Greetings Hotze

As I edited, you can probably disregard. Per the other thread I found, I just need to reinstall A3Tools and redo the P, and update Mikeros tools.

Anything will say it builds in Addon Builder, even if it has fatal errors. That's why I switched to pboProject.

Thank you, though. I'll post back if I'm unable to rectify the issue.

=====================================

=

=EDIT: Please disregard this thread. Per this thread, an update to A3Tools and Mikeros Tools plus a redo of Arma3P fixed the issue. (which makes sense, since A3 updated recently)

=

=====================================

Edited by spartancain

Anything will say it builds in Addon Builder, even if it has fatal errors. That's why I switched to pboProject.

Hahaha. Indeed. Good to see a convert :)

Also download mikeroupdater. It's a handy tool that i launch every time I turn on my computer. It lists all mikeros projects and anything you have on your computer that is up to date will show as blue. Anything that is not up to date will show red. then you can just click the list and it will download that file or files for you.

You know, I think running that exact util was a portion of my fix. I managed to undo the rats nest and get it working again, and I've been painstakingly terrain-smoothing and adding roads since then with no errors whatsoever.

Basically, Mikero For King of The World 2015.