Sign in to follow this  
Spiz14

Resistance problem

when i try to play the soviet mission where the tank blows up your truck and you run away, the mission doesn't load and i can't exit the game or do anything. It's only started happening since i got Res. Anyone know how to fix it or do i have to wait for that patch that will be released soon.

Are you trying to play the mission using the OFP executable, or the OFP:R executable?

(Moving to Troubleshooting?)

i run the game throught the Res cd. I have tried it through the ofp:r exe and it still crashes.

I suggest you try playing it using the regular, non-Resistance executable (OperationFlashpoint.exe), with the non-Resistance CD in the drive.

I remember something about a problem playing the old campaigns with the new executable, even though the Resistance executable allows you to do so.

Think I ran into the same problem - and deinstalling and then reinstalling OFP 1.0 CWC, then OFP-RH and then OFP-R didn`t helped. sad.gif

It starts in the second intro movie of the eight mission (would be the eight entry in your mission book) after the LST is destroyed by SU-25`s.

Then follows the second movie which starts in a small village, showing a radio broadcasting the latest news.

When the cam changes to the outside where you see a Shilka in a side street, exactly then a error message appears in the upper left corner:

'_gun setpos[_targetx,_targety,_targetz]|#|': Error Typ Jede, erwartet Zahl

Okay, I play it in german, so the last means something like Error Type every, waiting for value/number.

Then follow a few more intros, then the screen turns black and you can read something like "Malden, on the road to Houdan" and nothing happens anymore.

Normally there would be a log too, displaying how much of the following mission is precached.

And you are not able to get back on the desktop again, not with hitting ESC, Strg+Alt+Del or the Windows key.

And when I try to load it with the original OFP-CWC exe I only get a error message and it won`t go any further:

No entry 'config.bin/CfgVehicles/Fountain.animPerio.d

Would be nice to find a solution for this problem, because otherwise I can`t advance in the campaign. sad.gif

WinXP Home

Mobility Radeon (32 MB non-shared memory, latest drivers)

2.0 Ghz P4

256 MB Ram

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (animalica @ Oct. 01 2002,04:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No entry 'config.bin/CfgVehicles/Fountain.animPerio.d

Would be nice to find a solution for this problem, because otherwise i can`t advance in the campaign. sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You don't by any chance use Satchel's sound mod do you?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Oct. 01 2002,18:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (animalica @ Oct. 01 2002,04:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No entry 'config.bin/CfgVehicles/Fountain.animPerio.d

Would be nice to find a solution for this problem, because otherwise i can`t advance in the campaign. sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You don't by any chance use Satchel's sound mod do you?<span id='postcolor'>

I deinstalled all OFP components complete and after that I only installed OFP-CWC, OFP-RH and OFP-R and nothing else in a fresh folder.

Ahh okies smile.gif I just remember Satchel's addon threw up an error about a fountain when Opf was upgraded to 1.45 smile.gif

I have this problem too. Same mission and everything. I think one of the patches is stuffed.

Now it works! smile.gif

Fresh install:

OFP-CWC 1.0 > OFP-RH 1.3 > Patch 1.46 > OFP-R 1.75 > Patch 1.85 > Red Hammer 1.85 Compatibility Patch

Then I inserted the old USER folder with my savegames in the OFP folder and started the OFP exe.

But when I chose "Campaigns" I crashed back to desktop and got a error message about a savegame. sad.gif

But when I started OFP-R and continued the RH campaign it worked!

I also get the error message in the cutscene, but after it I can play now the next mission in the campaign. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spiz14 @ Sep. 30 2002,03:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">when i try to play the soviet mission where the tank blows up your truck and you run away, the mission doesn't load and i can't exit the game or do anything. It's only started happening since i got Res. Anyone know how to fix it or do i have to wait for that patch that will be released soon.<span id='postcolor'>

Ha i watched that cutscene and as i was running the tank shot and killed me. Another one was when the boats leave without you, the guy talking to me shot me.