Sign in to follow this  
forklifthat

Weapon sounds not syncing up

I've checked everywhere on the internet and found only one other person who seems to have asked about my problem.

With weapons, most of the time I shoot, there's a slight delay between the click of the receiver and the blast of the shot. Rather than a shot sounding like "POW!", it sounds like "Chick-POW!" or sometimes "Chi-clack-POW!". It also causes problems when firing on burst or automatic. I'll fire a three-round burst, for example, and only hear two gunshots. The only time it doesn't seem to be out-of-sync is if I fire single shots in quick succession, but that might just be the sound of the first shot covering up the sound of the click from the next.

The place where I saw it brought up mentioned something about "preloading lag", but didn't say how to fix it and seems to have gone dormant.

I downloaded a mod which removes the click from the receiver and that made the gunshots more clear, but there is still a delay between the mouse click and the sound of the gunshot. The muzzle flash is in-sync, but not the sound.

I've tried adjusting audio options in the game, adjusting some of the settings through the launcher, and updating all my drivers, but nothing seems to help. Even disabling antivirus and running in administrator mode don't do anything. What's more, it's only the sound of the shot that is ever delayed - I have no other auditory anomalies.

Here are my specs:

Intel Core-i7 3770 @ 3.4GHz (quad-core with hyperthreading)

32GB DDR3-1600 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX (2GB mobile chip)

Windows 7, fully updated

Steam, fully updated

ARMA 3, fully updated

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I can provide any sort of extra information you might need. It's not an error, so I figured an error log wouldn't help at all.

Are you running multiple sound mods? Could be a confliction. Is it only vanilla guns or all guns?

There will be a big update to sounds in the next patch 1.40. This problem is pretty much solved there. The problem will still be there if you are running sound mods though.

I don't run any sound mods. I put the one in which removed the clicks, but then I uninstalled it. And it's all guns, even when I am running totally vanilla ARMA. I'm glad to hear it's in an upcoming patch, though. Consider the issue solved until 1.40 comes out, I suppose. Thanks!

You could try downloading the DevBranch, as some of the sound changes have already been introduced (and the others will undoubtedly be brought in soonTM).

Edited by Jackal326