Sign in to follow this  
ericcartman3470

Identity

Hi,

theres a new MMORPG on Kickstarter called Identity.

It's like Arma life only with more roleplay and it's standalone...

Identity on Kickstarter

What do you think about that?

Is it going to be the end of altis life servers spamming your serverbrowser? - I personally hope so.

Why was the guy reported?

I think right off the bat it is on kickstarter and thus am leery of it, I wonder how the mechanics will work, what are the incentives and drives to push players to follow a certain path, what stops it from becoming a city of gangs and a shootemup, what stops people from being bad cops and abusing their power? This to me seems too good to be true, a game with that much complexity for only 100K is awfully low.

Though thinking it would be the end of altis life servers is very wishful at best, that audience is cemented, they have invested their time and money and because of that are here to stay.

They already reached the goal of 150k, I know thats not much, but they still get backed.

Of course it's not going to replace arma life, but if they do it well, then I think there will be lots of (arma life) players going over to identity.

There are mostly admins and server owners of altis life servers working on the game so I think that they won't fail making the mechanics.

It looks like an over ambitious project with very little to show (at this point). Best of luck to the devs :)

It looks like an over ambitious project with very little to show (at this point). Best of luck to the devs :)

That's my impression as well. They have shown some fancy graphics, but that's a lot less than what would convince me and $190k is a lot less than what should convince any serious investor.