Sign in to follow this  
killernetworkgaming

Lost isles

We have been making the Lost Isles Map for some time now on and off and as most people have seen we always wanted it for the Life mod, but as we have moved further on in the creation of the map we have found the map to be quiet playable in multiple game modes tbh.

This is because I suppose the map is so big with multiple environment so far we have tested the map using Dayz/breakingpoint , wasteland , Life mod, Co - Op and king of the hill.

At the moment our main focus at the moment is to use the map for a Life mod RPG/Adventure RP.

We have still got a long way to go as at the moment we are only a group of 2 who work on the project. We are looking for people to join us but it is quiet hard to get the right people.

I will give you all a little information of what we have so far.

* The Map it self if is bigger than Altis and is made up with a cluster of Islands

-- image removed

* We have multiple cities across 5 of the Islands

-- image removed

* We have currently created lots of our own vehicles all fully loaded which you can customise and add attachments and add-ons to increase performance (ALL KILLERNETWORKGAMING VEHICLES HAVE THE KNG LOGO BUILD INTO THE MODELS NOT TEXTURES)

-- image removed

-- image removed

*We have currently created around 50 new buildings

-- image removed

Edited by MadDogX
removed images

Looking good, keep up the good work and good luck with is project. I hope you will share this map with everyone when it is done :)

Looks great actually! Definitely has a different feel to it.

As I have always said THE LOST ISLES was always going to be a life mod with something different.

So now you can see why.

Around the lost Isles we are going to have little side quests points of interest and mini adventures which have their own little rewards.

I have now added some of these locations on the map.

Also in a previous post I did mention that we needed some names for the islands and some of our towns and cities.

I have now numbered and highlighted these areas so you can get involved.

Please could you all share this post with your friends.

I will add some in game screen shots of each area during the next few days

-- image removed

Visit our facebook for more info and please like and share the page

-- link removed

-- image removed

-- image removed

Edited by MadDogX

Looking great fellas. Can i get some more info regarding the missions??

Will it be wasteland style missions.

Would be great to other forms of missions added. Collect X and deliver to Y.. Kill x amount of something and force feed them to another player etc etc.

Maybe some POI missions?

Looking forward to hearing some more details.

POI: in detail

So far we have created multiple Points of interest that you can visit. Some of the POI's will just be like a badge collection which will become part of you character profile. While other Poi's will also have some sort of mini quest.

For example when you visit The great pyramids you will get a badge for visiting this area but also you will have opportunity to get a secondary badge for completing the quest which is activated when you find the secrete entrance to the pyramid.

One of the POI's The great viewing tower you gain this badge by just visiting the area and traveling to the top of the tower looking at the great view.

Our mini adventures Are also activated at certain Poi's which you will have no choice in being part of once activated.

Visiting the visitor centre on Island nublar will activate a mini adventure "Escape From Jurassic Park" you will complete this task once you reach a safe distance from the island.

These extra activities can be played at anytime during life mod play.

Hey, it's looking awesome, However I have a few questions and requests.

Questions:

• How big is each island and the whole map?
  • Will the server be white-listed?
  • How many players can the map support and still have good performance?
  • What activities will be available?
  • What roles are they to fill as a player?
  • Are players who pay / donate, going to have access to better things?
  • Will I be able to setup and / Or organize a group or gang?
  • When/Will there be private or open alpha / beta testing? If so, how does one apply to be a part of it?

Requests:

• Please can you make a larger and more detailed picture of the map. [ The text is a bit small ]
  • Can you [if you already haven't] make an interaction menu that doesn't rely on the scroll menu.
  • Can you make a dynamic pricing system [supply and Demand]
  • Can you make a video tour of the whole map?
  • Can you make Devblogs / Update Videos to show your progress

Thank you for reading, The project looks AWESOME!

This should be moved to the non released mods thread. This thread location is for editing questions really.

Couple more questions...

How is the game play?? Would you compare it to the original Arma 3 life mods using the arma 3 mechanics (1st and 3rd person) and arma 3 VOIP or is it similar to the A3L mod with the view over your shoulder and Teamspeak.

What sort of professions are available? Are we going to see more to it than the usual life mods?

Will there be a bounty hunter profession?

Will it be a whitelisted server where job interviews are required to join the community??

Ok I will answer what I can so far on the questions and so and also my thoughts n views on the requests.

Questions:

•How big is each island and the whole map?

OK the map size. The over all map size including water is roughly 1.5 times bigger than altis. But is your talking land space well the map is huge lol. The biggest island on the map is the same size as Altis and the second largest island on the map is about 3 times bigger than stratis. adding in the other little islands well. You have a lot of space to get lost.

•Will the server be white-listed?

We are looking to have some sort of whitelisting or way of controlling the way people connect to the server. So far we are looking at some sort of launcher like the breaking point mod uses. This way we make it easy for the players to receive updates but also in the menus we can have your player stats character info and adventures you have taken part in directly in the launcher for you to see. (Currently looking for someone to create the launcher). as we want it to connect to the server data base for info but also use our website for login info and so on.

•How many players can the map support and still have good performance?

We know we can handle 100 players but we would like to see 200 players spread across the map this will not be like Altis life every player either in the cocaine field or at the same group of shop or traders in kavala. We have created multiple areas which people will need to work in

•What activities will be available?

The activities really vary and can be quiet complex as we want add depth to the life mod and also by adding the adventure rp the activities vary quiet a lot but I will list a few.

*life mod activities explained, ok so you will have your regular activities that appear in all like mods like collecting food water supplies and other market items. Hunting animals for meat will also be apart of that. Food is going to be a big part of the life mod due to thee dynamic economy. all shops will be persistent which means if the shops run out of food players will start to starve. This means the basic jobs will not become obsolete once you have made money like they have done in every other life mod.

*Vehicles. Almost all vehicles will be crafted at a factory then shipped out to the dealers which also will be persistent. This means players will not be able to buy millions of vehicles smashing them all over the city. We have used the old life mod dp missions to transport these vehicles from the factory to the showrooms. Players who wish to take part in this mission will drive the newly crafted vehicle to a designated show room. On arrival at the show room they will receive payment for the vehicle depending on its percentage of damage.

if the car is pristine they will receive full payment if the car has suffered any damage the repairs will be deducted from their payment to repair the car. This means that all cars will be pristine from the garage.

Also players will be able to trade old vehicles to the garage towards new vehicles making some cheep alternatives for new players or poor players.

*Factory/crafting All players will be able to do some sort of crafting. But players will also need to work at factories to create the more complex items.

I will add more info on my next post which will have a list of some more activates and things players need to be involved in as

•What roles are they to fill as a player?

* I will add this info on the next post

•Are players who pay / donate, going to have access to better things?

*This is a complex one. If you add donation perks It makes the game pay to win which we want to steer clear from. We are making it so their will be a lot of crafting and other activities which will take up a lot of resources and supplies we might implement some sort of system were players might be able to buy these resources with out looking for them. Like in mobile phone games.

At the moment we have no Idea.

Donations have always been a good thing for the right reasons as it dose help towards server costs and also helping to create projects and so on. Sometime I think people actually forget how much costs go into hosting servers, Buying models textures and other little bits that make everything work and legit.

I know already we have spent over £2000 in models and servers just for testing things work and so on. So at the moment we have no idea or structure to any donating system. We shall see what happens.

•Will I be able to setup and / Or organize a group or gang?

*Gangs will be added but we want to add something a little more personal. We are looking to add a mobile phone which each player who joins the server will have their own personal number so if they are in your phone book you will be able to see if they are online or offline even leave them a text or ring them in game if they are online. (prank calls off players who gave your number out)

•When/Will there be private or open alpha / beta testing? If so, how does one apply to be a part of it?

*ALPHA TEST well anyone who is working on the project can join all the time as we work we have had the server up a few times to test how things are and so on. As for public testing I have no idea at the moment. We seemed to get very far in the original project then we did a massive resize of the project. The original map was on 10240 and now its 40960.

Requests:

•Please can you make a larger and more detailed picture of the map. [ The text is a bit small ]

I will make a better pic for every one

•Can you [if you already haven't] make an interaction menu that doesn't rely on the scroll menu.

* We have implemented both depending what is going on

•Can you make a dynamic pricing system [supply and Demand]

*Implemented already

•Can you make a video tour of the whole map?

*If we get the right person to be our PR manager I will let them do vids take pic n so on to share

•Can you make Devblogs / Update Videos to show your progress

* I try and add pics and vids when I can, we are only a group of two it seems very hard to get the right people involved in the project. They either say they want to help but when they see how difficult some of the stuff we have made so far they run. Or they go to projects they recognise certain people involved in. Its hard to get people to back you or donate to your cause or even just support you.

I will try and add some more info during the day I will take time to put something together will all info on

-- images removed

we tried dayz mod to with lost isles n new cars was quiet funny

Edited by MadDogX

Not sure if it's just me... but that bit where the large airfield is almost looks like a cut out piece of Altis. Could just be me though. Interesting concept.

Can we get some details regarding saving of characters, housing and the possiblity of owning private garages and storage space?

Will my char log in the same place i last logged out of will i have to choose a start spawn location everytime?

Will you release the island as stand-alone addon without all the roleplaying stuff?

Not sure if it's just me... but that bit where the large airfield is almost looks like a cut out piece of Altis. Could just be me though. Interesting concept.

It is indeed, most of the sat image is just altis and stratis chopped together somehow with a badly drawn coast line, i hope this sat image is just a placeholder as it contains BI content.

It is quiet funny you should say that lappihuan and that's why we like being part of forums that have anything to do with arma because no matter what you do or work you put together you always get someone who has no idea chatting shit about people's work even more so when they are affiliated with other groups. So anyway as for you questions on our sat image the Airfield in question and your insistent view on something from Altis.

I will answer your questions as we have nothing to hide what so ever.

* The Airfield was taken from Altis in some degree it was actually taken from this location at this resolution which is slightly bigger than the one used in Altis http://binged.it/19vTx9e

That is the exact height we used and we used the snipping tool from windows to take the images. So now in the map project you are creating you now know at what height and size u need for you sat images to make them look as good as or better than the ones used to create the BI Altis map. {Not usual info we share} with random people who just want to put down other people's projects.

Reason behind us using the same Airfield Location Well seeing we have already created multiple buildings which take time to texture build and convert into Arma. With fully working components. Windows, doors , TV's, security cameras and so on we had no real plans on making a new airport building as of yet. So seeing we are using Arma 3 content and the Airport building is from that location we needed it to fit right.

* Also The Airfield from Stratis has been used using the same process. The detail used in that is much higher than the one in Arma Due to our Sat map being 40960 x 40960 and the Stratis map being no were near that size.

* all other locations on our map are from multiple locations across the globe using the same process which we have placed together using different mountain arrangements to place all locations together.

Here is a little more info for you from our map so you can compare it with other projects made by BI or other communities

The map is currently 40960 x 40960

Our satellite image, mask image and normal image is currently @ 40960 x 40960

The current object count on the map which is only 50% complete is 339853 without tress and rocks

The lost Isles mask is currently using 13 textures from BI Altis & Stratis Ie Greengrass, strconcrete n so on. We are also using 4 our own. In total we have 17 textures working in our map created from our mask image. Yes all 17 appear in the map.

The map when created is made up of 26.488 tiles n rvmats n so on.

The Lost Isles Project also currently has custom made Plants Tree's & Clutter. Almost 30 Custom made vehicles with addons and multiple custom textures. Multiple custom made animals n other thing we are not ready to disclose.

We also have multiple fully functioning buildings with lifts cameras working doors and windows plus other functional parts which we will show at a later date.

Also all this has been made by 2 people who have no idea what we are doing or talking about. As we are totally unknown people in the Arma forums.

If you require anymore info just request I will be happy to fill u in with any details we are willing to share. Tbh we have no issues helping anyone if people need any help or want to get involved in the project we are more than happy.

Also just to make you aware DreamRebel who has nothing to do with us came to visit our project to see if he could assist in creating textures n stuff for our project whilst he was visiting asking if he could supply us with anything we took him on a tour of the map using terrain builder so he has seen were the map is up to and how much work has been put into it.

Anyway thanks for all comments and posts we will try and put some more info and pictures on soon

Hey if we have time you never know we might change the airfield/ airport and create our own maybe it will look like this

-- image removed

Edited by MadDogX

What's the story with all the dayz stuff on that screen? I'm pretty sure nobody has permission to use any in Arma3?

there is no Dayz or other 3rd party games contents at all (only Arma3 or our contents) it was just one of our webby pics to advertise people for our Dayz standalone server (called the walking dead),the mod running on that pics was dead nation i guess.

It is quiet funny you should say that lappihuan and that's why we like being part of forums that have anything to do with arma because no matter what you do or work you put together you always get someone who has no idea chatting shit about people's work even more so when they are affiliated with other groups.

That is some fine Public Relations you've got going on there. Also, welcome to the Internet...

Edited by Jackal326

It is quiet funny you should say that lappihuan and that's why we like being part of forums that have anything to do with arma because no matter what you do or work you put together you always get someone who has no idea chatting shit about people's work even more so when they are affiliated with other groups. So anyway as for you questions on our sat image the Airfield in question and your insistent view on something from Altis.

I will answer your questions as we have nothing to hide what so ever.

* The Airfield was taken from Altis in some degree it was actually taken from this location at this resolution which is slightly bigger than the one used in Altis http://binged.it/19vTx9e

That is the exact height we used and we used the snipping tool from windows to take the images. So now in the map project you are creating you now know at what height and size u need for you sat images to make them look as good as or better than the ones used to create the BI Altis map. {Not usual info we share} with random people who just want to put down other people's projects.

So as i unterstand your answer right, nothing is take from the A3 sat image of altis and stratis?

Is this your statement?

I don't really know if you understand or not that is not for me to work out I am afraid to say. Yes we used The airfield location for sizing issues as you will have noticed the Airfield building will only sit on the image of the airfield due to its size which has been built to fit over. The actual airfield is bigger as it has been put together over multiple images bigger than the Altis sat image. As for any other areas in the map we have used multiple locations. Any images or areas taken from Altis were taken for purpose. Like The AirPort Also solar field and factory location These areas had buildings made to fit.

Other than that I think you will find their loads of locations. have nothing to do with BI

As for the dayz pic yes we used dayz in arma 3 to take the images had a giggle in our community playing it. Was fun think that image was taken from Dead nation which we add our cars n objects in to have some fun.

We use that image to advertise the dayz sa server we have running. Its like a bit of I ongoing joke with the car in the pic as when we first set up the Dayz sa server their was no vehicles in game.

I suppose its like this pic -- image removed

that is how to have a 120 Dayz sa server with no lag its possible we just don't share info on certain things as I said in a post b4 we are just 2 people who have no idea what we are doing

---------- Post added at 15:05 ---------- Previous post was at 15:02 ----------

we even added sunny Bolton in the map -- link removed that is one of the bits we used in the sat image.

we call it sunny Bolton as its always cold n raining in bolton

---------- Post added at 15:30 ---------- Previous post was at 15:05 ----------

Anyways lets forget all that and yes I always thought my public relations was quiet good mmmm ok sometimes.

I will say in reality we are a friendly group and if anyone asks us for help we do tend to help them.

Also anyone who has been in to speak to us will tell you the same we are very laid back we like a giggle but we just work hard because their is only two of us. Last night I worked on the map from around 10am straight through till about 2 am in the morning and limit had a early night for change I think he was well tucked up in bed by midnight.

Like I have said many times anyone is welcome to join us in our project and help or be part of it. Also anyone who needs help we will help if we can or know the answer

I got to say though our in game focus rs looks almost as good as my own car

-- image removed

-- image removed

don't you agree

-- image removed

Edited by MadDogX

Moggy and Limit are the nicest robbers EVER, they will walk in ask nicely for the plans to Alcatraz that they want to steal, then when some nubs be stupid, they only slap them up enough so there misses will be none the wiser.

alcatraz_zpse6f31967.png

Good Project going on here, and you should take some more pics of your 'IRL' Focus, it looks rather nice. :D

Edited by OveyOfficial

So you used the parts of the sat map from altis but what about the heightmap. How did you create those?

no we used 4 squares from the Altis sat image so the building fit on the location that is 2 squares from the airfield and 1 from the solar farm and 1 from the factory that is so them building fit to the location n cover the image. That means we used 4 squares out of our total 26,488.

The Hightfield we made in l3dt (a stolen copy)