Sign in to follow this  
msy

AI is still "afraid" of moving in buildings and regardless of walls, DAYZ does better

At the latest dev branch I thought AI would do better action in buildings but I was disapointed.

For example, at the harbor of Stratis, AI always moves slowly when they are entering the gray zone of the map where refers to buildings. AIs keep danger mode, keep aiming and keep searching something on the gray zone of the harbor, and eventhough I call them at easy they still won't raise their weapon. What's more, at the gray zone they can go anywhere regardless of walls. They can go through any walls when at the gray zone of the map.

I have submitted a feedback please vote it.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22638

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

I have to say, since OFP, AI are afraid of moving on gray zones which refer to buildings on the map. For example, bridges.

No matter how you express it by any ways, in many other FPS and TPS and even RTS game, AI will have much better interaction with buildings.

Edited by msy

Wouldn't HERE have been a better place to post this?

If dev discussion can solve it, why not did it at the time of OFP?

I pointed out that thread, not so you could directly discuss it with the devs (although that is not a bad idea), but to point out that making another thread about an on-going discussion is more than likely going to end up getting your thread locked. You've been a member here long enough to know how these forums work and that should have been obvious.

adjective: general

1. affecting or concerning all or most people or things; widespread.

2. considering or including only the main features or elements of something; not exact or detailed.

adjective: general

1. affecting or concerning all or most people or things; widespread.

2. considering or including only the main features or elements of something; not exact or detailed.

At the latest dev branch I thought AI would do better action in buildings but I was disapointed.

Adjective: Specific

relating to one thing and not others; particular:

Considering the amount of duplicate threads you've taken part in Infiltrator, not sure you're the best person to take advise from.

Adjective: Specific

relating to one thing and not others; particular:

Considering the amount of duplicate threads you've taken part in Infiltrator, not sure you're the best person to take advise from.

I try not to be too particular if I'm honest ;)

I've noticed, particularly your habit to start threads with rather vague titles (and another one). I did find a couple that were a touch less vague though. However, they ultimately met the same result.

Have you considered applying as a moderator? Your doing one heck of a job without the title, if i don't say so myself.

This would indeed though, have been better brought up in the AI thread, but i could see in the future.. BIS possibly using features from DayZ, and maybe even Enforce, to enhance a few things here and there in Arma 3. Maybe. It's possible.

Have you considered applying as a moderator?

yea i second that. because otherwise please just use the report button like everyone else, so one doesn't have to read a bunch of pointless shit like this thread so far.

OP instead of creating new threads for AI please review my AI list of any threads that have already been posted that may interest you.

Link in my sig.

Comparing ArmA 3 AI with the DayZ zombie pathing or nav mesh (WIP) is not recommended.