Sign in to follow this  
truffleshuffle

How to Restart a mission on Dedicated Server ?

Hello All

My friends and i recently purchased an arma 3 server. To test it for the first time we loaded up an Alive Co12 Sabotage mission. We loaded in and blew up some vehicles to test performance quickly and then quit. Now whenever we try and redo that map it automatically starts from where we previously quit.

We cannot find a way to restart the mission fresh. we have tried the admin command #restart but it always restarts from last location.

My question is:

Where are the saved missions progress files kept, both locally and on the server ? I can find saved mission files locally in documents>arma3>profile but have deleted all of them and the mission still restarts. This makes me think the mission progress saves on the dedicated server but i cannot find the location of it anywhere and its not in the @alive mod folders either.

Has anyone got any kind of idea of what the problem could be ?

Cheers

You should add this to the init.sqf of your Missions if you want to play them in multiplayer:

enableSaving [false,false];

Additonally you should rather not use #restart, as it sometimes has some weird behaviour. Regressing to the mission selection screen via #missions would be better. From there you can select the mission again and select "Restart" instead of "Continue". Additionally make sure that Alive isn't running any persistence-kind-of-thing in the background (http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Persistence).