Alexus

Mighty GAU-8/A Avenger

Hi

I have downloaded the mod,but now  none of my A-164 variants have minigun in the option for guns.

Can you please expand the description of your problem? I did not get it :D

Maybe you'll find the section 'Problems' in the Readme helpful:

82QgFWV.jpg

• changed weapon sound (featuring the typical GAU-8 “fart of deathâ€)

i'm sold

is this on steam workshop? ;)

Edited by ziant

Cool feature, maybe a marrige between this mod and Firewills new A10-C that is WIP is a match made in heaven ??

Cool feature, maybe a marrige between this mod and Firewills new A10-C that is WIP is a match made in heaven ??

Firewill already has the option to load MightGAU ammo into the A10C if you have the mod active. Was one of the first things he did. 

• Like 1

is this on steam workshop? ;)

Not at the moment. I thought about that but I think Steam Workshop does not give me the possibility to distribute the folder in the current structure, together with the additional optional PBOs. I think I can only distribute the main module at steam workshop. I'm unsure if that's a good idea. How do you think about this? Better than nothing?

• Like 1

Not at the moment. I thought about that but I think Steam Workshop does not give me the possibility to distribute the folder in the current structure, together with the additional optional PBOs. I think I can only distribute the main module at steam workshop. I'm unsure if that's a good idea. How do you think about this? Better than nothing?

Downloading ACE via the Steam Workshop allows you multiple folders with the optional PBO's for other mods IIRC.  Personally I'm ok with the existing distribution via Armaholic and Github, but it may be worth a look going to Steam so more people can appreciate the magnificence of this mod.  It could be helpful to garner feedback from that community in addition to here at BI so there can be continual improvement.

Downloading ACE via the Steam Workshop allows you multiple folders with the optional PBO's for other mods IIRC.

Oh, didn't knew that. I'll take a look at, maybe I can figure out how they did. If I can, expect the mod to be on Steam Workshop soon.

Great Mod, I've used it since it first came out. Thanks for hours of fun! At the moment though it wouldn't work on our Linux Server with the keys active. Since no one else seams to have an issue, maybe it is a Linux specific problem. Windows servers are more relaxed when it comes to naming conventions. However Linux is very specific, especially when it comes to case sensitivity. Of course I am only guessing this is the issue, anyway just thought i would let you know.

• Like 1

However Linux is very specific, especially when it comes to case sensitivity. Of course I am only guessing this is the issue, anyway just thought i would let you know.

What exactly is the problem? Can you check if you have the newest version (3.1)? We have fixed an issue with the keys from 3.0 to 3.1, maybe this will fix it :)

Yep, I downloaded 3.1 and with the keys switched off on the server the mod works. However, if the keys are switched on i get a message saying "You where Kicked". Which is a little weird as i would of expected to get a keys error message. Its as though it recognized the keys but was unable to resolve the match, concluding i had some dodgy keys and kicked me.

Yep, I downloaded 3.1 and with the keys switched off on the server the mod works. However, if the keys are switched on i get a message saying "You where Kicked". Which is a little weird as i would of expected to get a keys error message. Its as though it recognized the keys but was unable to resolve the match, concluding i had some dodgy keys and kicked me.

Mh, dunno what's the problem here. Has anybody else a similar issue?

Anyone know

Firewill already has the option to load MightGAU ammo into the A10C if you have the mod active. Was one of the first things he did. 

But..the A-10c is not released yet. Are we thinking of the same mod?

Anyone know

But..the A-10c is not released yet. Are we thinking of the same mod?

Not released but Firewill mentioned this as supported feature

Not released but Firewill mentioned this as supported feature

Ah okay,got it.Thanks :D

Mh, dunno what's the problem here. Has anybody else a similar issue?

i can confirm this. btw splendid smoke has the same issue.

i can confirm this. btw splendid smoke has the same issue.

Oh dear... I have used the signing-tools from ArmA Tools. I'll check that for the next versions. Until then, you may sign it by yourself (most communities do this) or play without the keys.

thig is, it might not be a problem with the signatures themselves.

i had the problem with another mod in the past. i signed the mods myself (i sign all our mods myself) but had the same problem.

i could check if the problem is indeed what i think, BUT for that i would need permission to un-pbo the mod.

thig is, it might not be a problem with the signatures themselves.

i had the problem with another mod in the past. i signed the mods myself (i sign all our mods myself) but had the same problem.

i could check if the problem is indeed what i think, BUT for that i would need permission to un-pbo the mod.

You may go ahead and do so. Just don't distribute it, thanks for your help! :)

it is/was indeed what i thought.

as i said, first thing i tried was signing it myself and could make a bisign but still had the problem with the signatures not being "valid".

i then unpacked the pbo, with the bi tools cfgconvert tool i converted the config back to a cpp and then i used the bi tools addon builder to pack it back to a pbo, signed it and it worked!

to me it seems that your way to build the pbo might be the problem.

now, i am in no way a modder, so what i say might be total bs, but it worked every time, with mighty gau (all pbo files, not only the main mod) and also with splendid smoke.

oh, and of course i won't distribute it, just really want to use this mod in our modset ;)

it is/was indeed what i thought.

as i said, first thing i tried was signing it myself and could make a bisign but still had the problem with the signatures not being "valid".

i then unpacked the pbo, with the bi tools cfgconvert tool i converted the config back to a cpp and then i used the bi tools addon builder to pack it back to a pbo, signed it and it worked!

to me it seems that your way to build the pbo might be the problem.

now, i am in no way a modder, so what i say might be total bs, but it worked every time, with mighty gau (all pbo files, not only the main mod) and also with splendid smoke.

oh, and of course i won't distribute it, just really want to use this mod in our modset ;)

Very interesting. For converting from cpp to bin I also use cfgconvert from ArmA Tools. However for packing everything to a PBO I'm using PBO Manager. If I find some time, I'll try out the BI Addon Builder and call back :)

Oh and you may use your repaired mod in your community, that's no problem. The community I play in also signs everything by itself :)