Alexus

Mighty GAU-8/A Avenger

I can't get this mod to work with the RHS A-10 called "A-10 AT", am I doing something wrong?

great stuff. any chance of this uploaded into steam workshop? :D

Well, at least I didn't change it! Maybe ArmA changed some stuff how sounds sound. The soundfile itself is the same as it was at day 1.

Im getting a lame 'Thumbtuthumbthumbthumb' sound as impact aswell. Deffo not the sound thats in the mod.

Addon 'A3_AIr_F requires addon A3_Weapon_F'. HELP

No problems here. What are you trying to do?

I can't get this mod to work with the RHS A-10 called "A-10 AT", am I doing something wrong?

The RHS-pbo inside our mod adds support for the aircraft with class name RHS_A10. If RHS now has multiple A-10 or has changed the classname to something different, then this pbo obviously won't apply to your other aircraft. You may create your own support-pbo (read the thread, it is described somewhere here).

I'm not familiar with the RHS aircrafts, are there now multiple A-10?

Im getting a lame 'Thumbtuthumbthumbthumb' sound as impact aswell. Deffo not the sound thats in the mod.

On my end, it's working fine. Can you start ArmA only with our mod to see if maybe another of your mods breaks the sound?

Does the mod use custom FX now? I've noticed some incompatability issues with Blastcore since the last update. 

Does the mod use custom FX now? I've noticed some incompatability issues with Blastcore since the last update. 

"Now", it does use some custom FX but we have not changed anything there since day 1 of this mod.

I can not imagine how there could be an incompatibility issue with BC as we are defining our own FXs and not using other, existing FX, that could also be used by BC.

This mod is open source, you can see the FX section here: https://github.com/ZabuzaW/MightyGau-8Avenger/blob/master/%5Ctrunk/source/AlZab_mighty_gau8_avenger/config.cpp#L267

Can you name the problem more specific? Can you still reproduce it just with BC and our mod loaded? Does it not occur only with BC, when you do not load our mod?

are there now multiple A-10?

Yes, they have RHS_A10 and RHS_A10_AT.

I'll see if I can get it to work like you said, you made it sound easy :)

Yes, they have RHS_A10 and RHS_A10_AT.

I'll see if I can get it to work like you said, you made it sound easy :)

It's the same as with the other RHS aircraft: https://github.com/ZabuzaW/MightyGau-8Avenger/blob/master/%5Ctrunk/source/AlZab_mighty_gau8_rhs_a10a/config.cpp

Line 8: Add the pbo where RHS_A10_AT is inside

Line 5 & 19: The classname of what you want to override: RHS_A10_AT

Line 21: Copy & Paste the content of weapon[] that RHS_A10_AT has by default, you can find it with ArmA's Config Viewer. Ensure it contains Gatling_30mm_Plane_CAS_01_F, which is the GAU-8.

Line 29: Same here, Copy & Paste the default content of magazines[]. Then, which is the critical part, replace the default magazine of the GAU-8 with our modified version: 1174Rnd_GAU8_30mm_Plane_CAS_01_F

That's it, pack it as pbo and you're good to go :)

Just tested it again.

Only and only this mod. Still not getting the impact sounds as in the pack.

"Now", it does use some custom FX but we have not changed anything there since day 1 of this mod.

I can not imagine how there could be an incompatibility issue with BC as we are defining our own FXs and not using other, existing FX, that could also be used by BC.

This mod is open source, you can see the FX section here: https://github.com/ZabuzaW/MightyGau-8Avenger/blob/master/%5Ctrunk/source/AlZab_mighty_gau8_avenger/config.cpp#L267

Can you name the problem more specific? Can you still reproduce it just with BC and our mod loaded? Does it not occur only with BC, when you do not load our mod?

Yeah sorry I should've been a bit more specific. There aren't any errors or anything it just seems to me that the FX are a bit excessive, and my first thought was that there was an issue with Blastcore. In my opinion the smoke particles are a bit over the top. 

Just tested it again.

Same here. No impact sounds.

Just tested it again.

Does it sound like this: https://youtu.be/tVrnyoUIY1I?t=58s

If not, can you record it?

Well, I have no clue why it now sounds so weird. It seems ArmA has changed something in the sound engine, if someone knows how to fix - message me, please :)

Hi there!

Having a problem here with the latest update on the RHS A-10's.  On the AT variant the load out looks correct and all the ordinance counts are good with the exception of the gun which has no ammunition.  On the CAS variant, the armament under the wings completely breaks but the gun has ammunition and shoots fine.  Any ideas?

Uw2VWXU.jpg

BxiQRbZ.jpg

KFaQu9Z.jpg

3csV58a.jpg

That is because we do not support this variant (at the moment). A page before (page 8) another user already mentioned that problem and I described how to add support.

Regarding the impact sounds: There are impact sounds at the moment, except they are really muffled pops that are only audible from really close on the ground. The impact sounds should be about as loud as the gun at least.

Hey guys, it's been quite a long time. Today I'm here to announce a major update, version 3.0 is here!

Three things:

First; you guys mentioned that the sounds are broken. This happened because the EDEN update changed the complete system how sounds are deployed in mods. I adapted and version 3.0 works with the new sound system. Expect working sounds again, gush they sound so awesome! (Also I've fixed the remaining EDEN issues like 'bin\... not an array' and 'author is not a value'.)

Next; some of you wanted support for RHS A-10A (AT) version. You asked for it - you get it. Version 3.0 supports the A-10A (AT) next to the default A-10A of RHS. You find the pbo inside the /additional addon support/ folder. Just copy it to the /addons/ folder and have fun.

Last thing; oh my gush - ACE has built in CCIP systems, also for cannons! Of course GAU-8 needs to support this! So I've created a support-pbo for ACE which integrates our GAU-8 into the HUD-Ballistic system of ACE. Again, you find the pbo inside /additional addon support/.

Glad I finally fixed the EDEN stuff. Sooo, as I think Alexus needs some days to react to this awesome news, you'll get the download link directly here in this post:

Download Version 3.0 at GitHub

Thanks for your great support! Cheers

Zabuza

• Like 2

Last thing; oh my gush - ACE has built in CCIP systems, also for cannons! Of course GAU-8 needs to support this! So I've created a support-pbo for ACE which integrates our GAU-8 into the HUD-Ballistic system of ACE. Again, you find the pbo inside /additional addon support/.

Changelog

3.0:

- added support for ACE's A-10C

Thank you Zabuza!  Your mod is world class; keep up the great work.

This one goes out to anyone though: I have been searching like crazy all morning but could someone please point me towards this ACE A-10C?  I've never heard of it and I'm intrigued by this fancy HUD.

Thank you Zabuza!  Your mod is world class; keep up the great work.

This one goes out to anyone though: I have been searching like crazy all morning but could someone please point me towards this ACE A-10C?  I've never heard of it and I'm intrigued by this fancy HUD.

Same question, was wondering what's that?!  :o

Another thing,bikey isn't working

I have been searching like crazy all morning but could someone please point me towards this ACE A-10C?  I've never heard of it and I'm intrigued by this fancy HUD.

Oh, well, whuups. Somebody just told me this comes from vanilla, not ACE! However, ACE enhanced some flight physics of the A-10 and added some stuff and indications to the HUD. Here's an image showing the fancy CCIP stuff:

90ttWnP.jpg

Another thing,bikey isn't working

Goddammit! Version 3.1 is here ^^ Fixed signature keys not working. Download here:

Download via GitHub

Oh, well, whuups. Somebody just told me this comes from vanilla, not ACE! However, ACE enhanced some flight physics of the A-10 and added some stuff and indications to the HUD. Here's an image showing the fancy CCIP stuff:

Mystery solved!  Yep that was all ARMA 1.6 vanilla stuff IIRC.

What I wouldn't do to have RHS update the A-10A to the A-10C if only so I could have a HUD that's clean looking like the BI Wipeout but, with superb mod support like what you're providing to us Zabuza, the whole A-10 experience goes to another level; you deserve all accolades that come your way.

Version 3.1 is now also downloadable via the link on the front page of this thread.

Huge thanks to Zabuza for maintaining the mod like he's doing.

And shoutout to all you guy's for your continous support! :)

• Like 1