Alexus

Mighty GAU-8/A Avenger

Hey, I think there is a problem with the withsix version of the 1.7 update: the program downloads a folder called @mightygau, within it there is a @mightygau_v1.7.zip file, which then in turn contains the @MightyGau folder where the actual mod is. Since withsix does not unzip the file, the mod is not working even though it's added correctly to the playlist.

Great mod anyways!!

Hey, I think there is a problem with the withsix version of the 1.7 update: the program downloads a folder called @mightygau, within it there is a @mightygau_v1.7.zip file, which then in turn contains the @MightyGau folder where the actual mod is. Since withsix does not unzip the file, the mod is not working even though it's added correctly to the playlist.

Great mod anyways!!

Just checked mine and same problem here. I tried to report it through the application, but no idea if it was successful.

with newest RHS patch the class name changed (hope for the last time) for the A-10.

with newest RHS patch the class name changed (hope for the last time) for the A-10.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll fix it.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll fix it.

Awesome thanks ! because the the RHS A-10s in my group are grounded until the MightyGAU is back haha

Version 1.8 is out, featuring a fix for the new RHS version 0.3.8.

Thanks for your support, guys :)

Updated mod v1.8 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Alexus , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

GAU-8/A Avenger v1.8

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Is RHS compatibility fixed with the v 1.7? Also,can this maybe be added as a standard mod to zeus cas planes?

Is RHS compatibility fixed with the v 1.7? Also,can this maybe be added as a standard mod to zeus cas planes?

The new version of RHS changed some classnames. We updated our support for the RHS A-10A with v1.8 so v1.7 will not work with current RHS versions but v1.8 will.

Our Gau8 should automatically apply to A-164s you spawned via Zeus, this should also apply to the Zeus-CAS-Strike-Module.

Hey Alexus, great mod!

But the problem is that we use the RHS A10A in our mod pack, the sounds work now when the gun is fired but there isnt any impact sound. It seems that the vanilla A164 has got the impacts sounds but the RHS just has vanilla sounds. Was wondering if there was a way around that with the current version, or if it has not been implimented yet, it would be fantastic if the RHS A10 had these impact sounds.

Hey Alexus, great mod!

But the problem is that we use the RHS A10A in our mod pack, the sounds work now when the gun is fired but there isnt any impact sound. It seems that the vanilla A164 has got the impacts sounds but the RHS just has vanilla sounds. Was wondering if there was a way around that with the current version, or if it has not been implimented yet, it would be fantastic if the RHS A10 had these impact sounds.

Hey Mandilion, please be sure you integrated the extra support pbo for the RHS A-10A according to the readme file. If you only add the standard pbo of our mod only the A-164 will be supported. Hopefully this will fix your problem because I can hear the sound also in the A-10A :)

And please check your version. If you have a lower version than 1v8 it could be possible that your RHS A-10A support is outdated.

Hey Mandilion, please be sure you integrated the extra support pbo for the RHS A-10A according to the readme file. If you only add the standard pbo of our mod only the A-164 will be supported. Hopefully this will fix your problem because I can hear the sound also in the A-10A :)

And please check your version. If you have a lower version than 1v8 it could be possible that your RHS A-10A support is outdated.

Thankyou Zabuza, I think I only have the standard downloaded when testing, so ill carry out what you have said and see if that works :) Thanks for the quick response.

Updated:

Yep that worked a treat, thank you again.

Hi,

I was a tank commander in the past - Today i am a pilot. 

Thanks alot for that realistic and amazing addon.

The sound is awesome.

Cheers

McLupo

Hey guys! Small but (for us) a needed upgrade:

1.9:
- added lockability of laser targets

Alexus will upload the new file in a short (probably tomorrow).

Thanks again for your feedback!

Another thing, a friend (SzwedzikPL) currently tries to pull us (slightly modificated) into ACE. Heres the link: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/pull/1976

Cheers, Zabu

• Like 1

Hi zabuza,

I can only repeat myself..., this mod blows my mind!
There is nothing comparable...

To all users:
Close your eyes, enjoy that awesome sound and you become addicted.

Compare the real A10 gun run (brrrrrrrt) with the mod...and you know what i mean!

Greetings
McLupo

Version 1.9 can be downloaded now.

As Zabuza already said, laser targets can now be locked on. You will get the typical box around the target, and an indicator if your bullets will actually hit it (bulletdrop isn't calculated though).

To all users:

Close your eyes, enjoy that awesome sound and you become addicted.

Compare the real A10 gun run (brrrrrrrt) with the mod...and you know what i mean!

Greetings
McLupo

Whoaa  :o

I'm currently thinking about creating a video which compares the attacks you posted with those ingame. That would be a nice teaser.

Thanks for your support :)

• Like 1

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

GAU-8/A Avenger v1.9

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Just read a bit and watched a few videos, and I'd definitely recommend to reduce the dust and increase the debris and sparks.

ArmA has a particle limit. Increasing the sparks results in reaching that limit pretty fast which has side effects like not rendering other particles (smoke from smoke grenades get removed etc.). The dust can be created using few particles that move and get bigger.

The visual effect of the real counterpart heavily depends on the underground. If your shooting on sand or dirt it will create dust clouds that reach about 6-10m. On other underground like street, metal, concrete it will propably also spark a lot.

Anyway, thanks for your hint! :)

This is a very cool add-on. Thank you for your hard work and maintenance on it.  I do have one question though.  Should an AI controlled A-10 be able to use this cannon just like they would the default one?  I have a mission where I have a few stock Wipeouts with the new GAU circling around on SAD waypoints destroying trucks and armor, but they never seem to fire the cannon just their missiles.  I then tried removing all the other weapons down to just the cannon and flares and still they don't fire the cannon.  The new cannon fires great under player control.  Any suggestions?