Alexus

Mighty GAU-8/A Avenger

Great news, i managed to do an additional pbo that replaces the standard one i have in my Wipeout HUD mod.

Cheers!

WIll you be releasing that in this thread of the Wipeout HUD mod thread?

WIll you be releasing that in this thread of the Wipeout HUD mod thread?

On mine ;)

Great news, i managed to do an additional pbo that replaces the standard one i have in my Wipeout HUD mod.

Cheers!

Cool, Alexus and I liked your mod very much :)

Alexus, would you mind adding support for the EricJ Wipeout skin mod?

I'll see what I can do.

Version 1.6 is out!

We added an additional pbo supporting the A-164's of EricJ's skin mod.

While selecting on of these in the editor, the warning message "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.ej_master_arms_safe'." appears.

That's not our fault, it's caused by EricJ's mod itself. I'll contact him about that warning.

Again, thanks for your feedback.

Version 1.6 is out!

We added an additional pbo supporting the A-164's of EricJ's skin mod.

While selecting on of these in the editor, the warning message "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.ej_master_arms_safe'." appears.

That's not our fault, it's caused by EricJ's mod itself. I'll contact him about that warning.

Again, thanks for your feedback.

Thanks, you're awesome

Edited by OfficerAMR
i can speak engrish no?

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

In 1.42 version,they have set the "Ai sight now limited to object view distance,not landscape view distance",so NO-the AI will not see past the smoke during/for some time after,the attack.

I want to request that ,if possible,make the smoke a bit more transparent and and use more of the Blastcore effects to add to emersion at night .You can see quite a lot of sparks before the wall of smoke covers the whole scene.

I would like to see this effects applied to anti-runway weapons sub-munitions too.

Edited by Teddybear1

I am an error this error occurs when calling from the arsenal in multiplayer mode also has

No entry 'bin\config.bin/RescInGameUI/Rsc_Kimi_AIR_UI_01.CA_Stabilize'.

I want to request that ,if possible,make the smoke a bit more transparent and and use more of the Blastcore effects to add to emersion at night .You can see quite a lot of sparks before the wall of smoke covers the whole scene.

If you can tell us an example effect you liked, e.g. weapon xy with blastcore, we could copy it. But creating new effects... well to be honest I don't feel like it^^

I would like to see this effects applied to anti-runway weapons sub-munitions too.

This mod focuses on the Gau-8. At the moment we are not planning to rework other weapons, especially not just for visual effects because the main feature from our mod is the reworked damage. Maybe in the future but without CCIP/CCRP systems such ammunition is not very useful (wait for ACE3 to rebuilt this feature :)).

I am an error this error occurs when calling from the arsenal in multiplayer mode also has

No entry 'bin\config.bin/RescInGameUI/Rsc_Kimi_AIR_UI_01.CA_Stabilize'.

Sounds like you're using Kimis HMD Mod. This error is not caused by us. You should tell it Kimi at: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181029-Helmet-Mounted-Displays-MOD :)

Hey, we have tested this mod and it really improves the A-10 against Infantry and small armored stuff. But i think its a bit too strong. This is all 30mm HE? Because the damage done to vehicles, especially to tanks is too strong. The splash damage do perhaps too much to it? This is with normal 30mm Ammo not possible to do such damage with a few shots like from your mod. In real the A-10 is an anti-armor weapon but NOT a [half way modern) tank killer with their front gun. For tank killer there is the AGM-65. Is there some way to fix that?

Btw. with Blastcore its a hell of a smoke and i like it ;) And when fire and switch to Zeus 5 sek. later you hear some parts of the sound again even the bullets already hit the target 3 sek bevor.

Edited by Numrollen

Hey, we have tested this mod and it really improves the A-10 against Infantry and small armored stuff. But i think its a bit too strong. This is all 30mm HE? Because the damage done to vehicles, especially to tanks is too strong. The splash damage do perhaps too much to it? This is with normal 30mm Ammo not possible to do such damage with a few shots like from your mod. In real the A-10 is an anti-armor weapon but NOT a [half way modern) tank killer with their front gun. For tank killer there is the AGM-65. Is there some way to fix that?

The real AP ammunition does penetrate most vehicles of its time and creates massive damage to the guys and stuff inside. Unfortunately this feature is not represent in ArmA and you mostly will see a tank exploding when its damaged, which of course is not that realistic. So your right, a tank that gets attacked by Gau-8 will mostly not explode, it won't look different at all but the true effect is pretty good.

However, if you want, you can play with our config values and try other configurations. If you find a better one please contact us! :)

For this you need to extract the .pbo und unbinarize the config.cpp, which can be done using "ArmA 3 Tools - Convert" from your "Tools Section" in Steam.

Then adjust values: dispersion, hit, indirectHit, indirectHitRange and explosive.

After that just repack everything as .pbo and you're good to go.

Btw. with Blastcore its a hell of a smoke and i like it ;) And when fire and switch to Zeus 5 sek. later you hear some parts of the sound again even the bullets already hit the target 3 sek bevor.

I'm not sure if Blastcore is adding something here, I thought we built it independently of it :D However the sound bug is not fixable by us, is it? I think thats an ArmA engine thing ^^

Thanks for your testing results and feedback :)

Edited by Zabuza

Thx for the reply. I will test and see if i can get a better value and help you. The Gau-8 will never penetrate a tank today. Perhaps a T-34 or something like that. But we are in Arma where every 30mm penetrate even @ front a vanilla tank ;(

Edited by Numrollen

Actually, the A-10 was built as an anti tank aircraft (a tank killer). They constructed the GAU-8 first and later built the A-10 around it. So the cannon was indeed able to destroy tanks at least in the 80s and 90s, and probably also in today's time.

Of course, we do not know which specific effect the cannon has on modern armor technologies of today's tanks, but it's still really strong for sure.

You are right, they use the AGM-65 ROCKET (!) for disabling tanks, because it is guided (!) and you don't necessarily have to be quite near to the target (!) (as with the GAU-8). Aditionally, when shooting with the cannon you actually have to aim and hit the target, while the AGM will hit the target in most cases. So as a result, it's better to use the AGM-65 because it's more secure for the pilot, but not because of missing damage when talking about the GAU-8.

About the combat mix of the ammunition: Our mod is not meant to simulate a ammunation mix containing only HE rounds. The real A-10 mostly uses a combat mix with 1 HE round following every 4 AP rounds (like AAAAHAAAAHAAAAH and so on). In Arma, we are not able to create magazines with different types of ammunition, so we had to find a good average solution which both combines the explosive effect of the HE rounds and the anti armor effects of the AP rounds. So we agreed on using ammunition with a bit less explosive effects, but therefore with more penetration and damage to armor.

Another problem is the damage simulation of Arma. In real life, a tank hit multiple seconds by the GAU-8 would not necessarily explode. Therefore the bullets would fly through the entire tank and would disable it completely, making it impossible to fight again (also because the crew would most likely be dead). Optically, the tank would look quite normally, but it's completely damaged inside (can be seen quite good in

).

In Arma, a vehicle which receives a lot of damage will simply explode. There is no simulation of what happens behind armor. If a bullet hits the armor of a tank, the game engine will indicate the bullet's damage value and will remove it from the lifepoints of the tank. If those points are at zero, the tank will simply explode.

As you can see, we also had to find a compromise here. So we agreed on the fact, that a tank hit multiple times by the real GAU-8 is no longer able to fight and drive. And because of that, it will explode quite fastly in Arma.

Nevertheless, thank you for your feedback. :)

Edited by Alexus

Is there a possibility to add the recoil of the gun being fired? As the Peral A10c mod has this feature. That would make it quite realistic. Thank you.

Is there a possibility to add the recoil of the gun being fired? As the Peral A10c mod has this feature. That would make it quite realistic. Thank you.

I'll take a look if we could implement such a feature. Thanks for your suggestion.

Nevertheless, it will take a while if we agree on adding it.

Yo guys!!! I don't usually request stuff but.....The latest USAF mod release has the A-10C, would u guys be interested in pimpin' that gau?

Yo guys!!! I don't usually request stuff but.....The latest USAF mod release has the A-10C, would u guys be interested in pimpin' that gau?

Jepp, give us some time please :)

Jepp, give us some time please :)

It isn't until you go back to the BI 30mm that you truly appreciate this mod

Take all the time you need-this would be great!the USAF A-10 is my new favourite.it looks as good as Perals,is great to fly like STI a-10 and the only problem is it's weak little cannon.Mighty GAU that shit!!

Version 1.7:

- added support for Fullerpj's A-10C Thunderbolt II

Alexus is currently uploading the new version (give him some minutes :D)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks for the USAF update!Now back to BBrrrrrrrrpppppping!!