Alexus

Mighty GAU-8/A Avenger

Not sure if it's a known issue, but when I tried this in the editor, the crackling of the GAU-8 impacts would replay the crackling sound a few more times until the dust dissipated. There would be the initial crackling of the impacts, and then as the dust settles, the crackling sound would play briefly and then pause for a couple seconds, and then do it again.

Not sure if it's a known issue, but when I tried this in the editor, the crackling of the GAU-8 impacts would replay the crackling sound a few more times until the dust dissipated. There would be the initial crackling of the impacts, and then as the dust settles, the crackling sound would play briefly and then pause for a couple seconds, and then do it again.

From what your describing... thats how a real A-10 is. The hit sounds are heard before the cannon sounds are heard because of the way the GAU-8 rapes through the air so fast and destroys everything sitting in its path.

I still don't have any ammo in RHS A-10 and I installed the optional addon.

Also is it possible to have support for the A-10C Thunderbolt II mod?

Edited by potoes6

The bullets fly faster than the speed of sound. Sound of impact and sound of firing the gun is heard differently depending on hearers position.

I still don't have any ammo in RHS A-10 and I installed the optional addon.

Mh.. working for me :/ Yeah we can add support for this mod. Will do if I have time left :)

The sound I'm describing is that the impact sound is looped until the smoke is completely dissipated. I'm not talking about the speed of sound.

The sound I'm describing is that the impact sound is looped until the smoke is completely dissipated. I'm not talking about the speed of sound.

The sound file for the impact gets played for about each bullet that impacts the ground. So the last bullet, that impacts, will also trigger one play of the sound file. Because of that the length of the sound file is pretty short so it won't strike too much.

I'm not sure if I can control the play of the sound files in another way.

We now added support for the A-10C Thunderbolt II mod from Peral. Also we created a readme.txt that includes features, instructions, faq and more.

Current version is now 1.4, thanks for your help, wishes and remarks!

Thanks for informing us about the updated release :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hey guys,

Just dropping it here: gau8 in the a10c has 1150 rounds and only ONE rpm setting which is full auto (if i recall correctly teas 3900 rpm). The a10a used to have the 2 rpm settings but again, they were full auto.

Cheers

nicely done. Couple of questions:

1) Can i remove A-164 PBO and use peral and RHS only? (A-164 is handled by AGM in my modpack, i am afraid it can conflict)

2) Does this smoke blocks vision of AI?

Really nice work guys. Would you mind including the STI A-10?

I will take a look :)

Hey guys,

Just dropping it here: gau8 in the a10c has 1150 rounds and only ONE rpm setting which is full auto (if i recall correctly teas 3900 rpm). The a10a used to have the 2 rpm settings but again, they were full auto.

Cheers

There are A-10C versions that have our configuration and there are some that have yours.

nicely done. Couple of questions:

1) Can i remove A-164 PBO and use peral and RHS only? (A-164 is handled by AGM in my modpack, i am afraid it can conflict)

2) Does this smoke blocks vision of AI?

1) No, the core of the mod is included in this pbo. We only edit the weapon of the A-164 and add this weapon to the other supported vehicles. If another mod also changes the A-164 weapon than that will also effect all vehicles that we support and for that you have added the pbos, i.e. your Peral A-10 will also get the changes the mod made on the A-164 weapon.

If you notice some bad effects you can tell us and we will take a look at how to remove them

2) Don't know how to configure that. We used the Cloudlets / ParticleEffects system of the ArmA-Engine, like Blastcore does.

We have added support for the STI A-10A (current version is 1.5)

Version 1.5 is out!

We added support for the suggested STI A-10.

Thanks for your feedback :)

Edit: Zabuza was faster than me :p

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

We have added support for the STI A-10A (current version is 1.5)

Splendid! :D

There are A-10C versions that have our configuration and there are some that have yours.

I'm not a fan of this "contest to see who knows more" but in this case...

The a10a has both configs, a10c has only one setting, Still all of them full auto.

The ammo count says "up to blabla", but they never pack the full 1174 rounds.

Reference: TO IA-IOA-I and TO 1A-10C-1

Alexus, would you mind adding support for the EricJ Wipeout skin mod?

Alexus, would you mind adding support for the EricJ Wipeout skin mod?

I'll take a look.

Fantastic mod, now you really have to fear the A-10

Excellent and very required mod. Its crazy how weak the vanilla GAU8 is.

Looking at the demo video the only thing I would suggest is to reduce the dust and add more particles/sparks instead.

Thank you, i've missed using the camos

Great news, i managed to do an additional pbo that replaces the standard one i have in my Wipeout HUD mod.

Cheers!