Alexus

Mighty GAU-8/A Avenger

With your new modularity it should work, but I haven't tested it yet.

I think you just have to leave the weapon pbo out, but maybe it also works with it.

Contact me, if you have further information about that :)

In fact I did a separate "Wipe_Kimi_GAU8.pbo".

EDIT: you are right, weapons pbo needs to be taken out.

But man, those effects look insane!!! Proper good job guys!

Edited by geraldbolso1899

You also can try to load our mod after your weapon pbo. Some time ago this worked for us at Gruppe W but there may appear some strange cross errors.

Eh what? We use your mod gerald, what needs to be done when we also want to use Gau8 mod?

Eh what? We use your mod gerald, what needs to be done when we also want to use Gau8 mod?

Only leave out gerald's A-164 weapon pbo, then it should work.

Sooo you guys got some A-10s that our mod should also be compatible with?

Already on my list is:

A-10A from RHS (which seems to be very popular)

This forum needs a 'like' button. HAHA

Edited by 87th_Neptune

Sooo you guys got some A-10s that our mod should also be compatible with?

Already on my list is:

A-10A from RHS (which seems to be very popular)

You should only need to make a few edits to enable it to work. (You could theoretically change the gun on any aircraft to this)

Yes, a compatible version for RHS A-10 would be awesome. Not everyone likes the new future A-10 Style.

You should only need to make a few edits to enable it to work. (You could theoretically change the gun on any aircraft to this)

Well we need to add the weapon and the magazine, not a big thing though we take care of supporting most common mods/scripts with that vehicles so there might be some problems like our first version crashed the A-164 CAS-Script from Bohemia^^

Version 1.3 is out!

We added support for the RHS A-10A.

The additional pbo AlZab_mighty_gau8_rhs_a10a can be simply loaded to bring the GAU-8 to the A-10A from RHS too.

Something even as short as a 1/2 second burst on high rate is all I really need 80% of the time and the rest is wasted, so I was wondering what the authors and everyone else thought about adding a second, shorter burst atleast to the high RPM mode.

Something even as short as a 1/2 second burst on high rate is all I really need 80% of the time and the rest is wasted, so I was wondering what the authors and everyone else thought about adding a second, shorter burst atleast to the high RPM mode.

Would be easy to implement but adding a new fire mode makes the list larger... not very handy with current ArmA engine where we access the weapons by switching through all fire modes :(

Would be easy to implement but adding a new fire mode makes the list larger... not very handy with current ArmA engine where we access the weapons by switching through all fire modes :(

For sure, and that's my sentiment exactly as it's really the only con to the whole idea, though I would be willing to have one more mode to switch through to have at least a short burst on high rate.

In any case, if 2 modes is the max you want to incorporate, I think having 2 burst lengths is more practical than 2 rates of fire with the same burst length. Even something mixed like the current 1.5s low rate, and a shorter burst for high rate would be tasty as well. In some situations 1.5s of time on target with a steady hand is not only excessive in terms of the fire power (especially on high rate), but also counter productive when time on target itself is a consideration. In do or die CAS situations, having the ability for a short time on target without spraying the AO with 30mm is very handy, especially when high rate can deliver sufficient firepower in a burst as short as 1/2s. I don't want to be pushy or annoying if nobody agrees so please don't hesitate to shoot down my proposition flat out. I mean it, lol.

Edited by DGeorge85

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I had hoped against hope that you guys would support the A-10. I'm currently working on a MP mission pack using community mods in order to achieve a fun, realistic experience. This mod will now be in all of them. I will post links when I'm finished. Thanks again and keep up the much appreciated work. A realistic A-10 AT LAST! Hooray!

Well we need to add the weapon and the magazine, not a big thing though we take care of supporting most common mods/scripts with that vehicles so there might be some problems like our first version crashed the A-164 CAS-Script from Bohemia^^

Oh I was just saying in general. I don't expect you two to add every single variant. It's simple enough to add them that the community should be able to play around and get it done. excellent work on this btw.

Hello ! Great mod, but a little bug with the support of A-10 of RHS :

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/07/1423826163-2015-02-13-00001.jpg

0 ammunition with the GAU-8

You need to place the "alzab_mighty_gau8_rhs_a10a" pbo's in the addons folder ALONG WITH the existing pbo's. That threw me for a second as well.

Perhaps the instructions could be included in a readme with any further releases?

You need to place the "alzab_mighty_gau8_rhs_a10a" pbo's in the addons folder ALONG WITH the existing pbo's. That threw me for a second as well.

Perhaps the instructions could be included in a readme with any further releases?

Check, will deliver in the next release.

Yes, we added the support of RHS A-10A in v1.3. Download v1.3 and you'll find that .pbo in the "additional addon support" folder, if you have RHS you can copy that .pbo over to our core .pbo in the "addons" folder (ArmA only loads .pbos from the addons folder). If you don't have RHS just leave it there :)

Oh lol ok sorry for the disturbance, I haven't see the additionnal pbo, my bad.

I thought that he was included by basis. I am so much used to having a readme in this case.

Great mod !

Hi

It seems this addon causes the dreaded savegame loading bug. Where the mission ended menu is shown each time you try to load a savegame. At least it does with my mod combination. Also maybe the smoke effect is too much.

Still thank you! The 20mm was a total wuss.

Hi

It seems this addon causes the dreaded savegame loading bug. Where the mission ended menu is shown each time you try to load a savegame. At least it does with my mod combination. Also maybe the smoke effect is too much.

Still thank you! The 20mm was a total wuss.

Sry I'm not familiar with this bug. If you want it fixed I need more information what the bug is, how it gets produced and how it can be fixed.