poolpunk

PLP BeachObjects

tumblr_nk4cw6sXS81tlpb1bo1_1280.jpg

War can wait - Its time for a Corazol Punch or a Mojito at the Wiki Wiki Bar, Pal.

This pack currently features about 120 Beach-themed Objects for added immersion in your Mission or just to hang out.
All of them have been made from scratch by myself - Some of them are quite some years old,
i tried to "dust them off" a little, but they differ in quality nevertheless.

See a list of the available assets in the classnames.txt, that should be included in the Zip-File.

WIP Thread http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?182997-Poolpunks-Object-Packs-Work-in-Progress-Thread
Tumblr Blog http://poolpunksworkshop.tumblr.com/

Screenshot 01
Screenshot 02
Screenshot 03
Screenshot 04

Download URLs (Version 1.1)

Download from Armaholic.com

Download from arma3.de

Download with PlayWithSIX

Edited by poolpunk
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Awesome job mate! I love these kinds of mods that add more objects and immersion. Thanks!

EDIT: I checked out your blog... is there any word on the warehouse objects mod? I'd love to have those as well!

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks! I thought of Mana Island as well when i made those :)

@Vernei: Containers Pack is still not finished, but should not take too long until it is ready.

New mod v0.7.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@poolpunk;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Very nice stuff there!

Objects like this can add a lot of atmosphere to the game.

Fantastic objects :)

The surf club actually looks like surfers use it.

And the boxes and vending machines, etc look great.

Not enough objects like these available to mission builders for filling out the mission area and making it feel more lived in.

I thank you and will D/L it immediatly :D

Great stuff, much appreciated

gf8KsZX.jpgUQhmPl1.jpg

P8xMsX6.jpg

Now only if we'd have proper civillians... :rolleyes:

Awesome pack!

If you plan to release an update, could you consider adding MapBuilder filtersupport?

Just add

mapbuilder_filter = "Your Category-/Packname";

to your objects configs and they will be listed in your own category in MapBuilder.

I am sure some people already posted in here would be very happy about this :D

Also: What are your license terms? Can we add your objects to our islands and ship the pack with your pbos or even include them with the island itself?

This is one of the best and, from a terrainmakers perspective, most welcome addons I've seen in ages!!!

Although it might not seem like it at first, the actual models set included with A3 is actually fairly limited, and of course, heavily "greek island-themed". After making a little village or two, it doesn't take you long to realise that you're starting to visibly repeat yourself - or that everywhere you make looks disturbingly similar to somewhere on Altis or Stratis!

Consequently, there's been some heavy forward-porting of the Arma 2, and even Arma 1 assets going on amongst terrainmakers recently, in an attempt to provide a more varied palette of styles - and a more varied selection of environments - for people to play on.

However, what's often overlooked by BI is - incidental objects!

Understandably so, since a lot of the modelling time has to be devoted to the bread-and-butter selection of major assets you expect to see on a terrain - buildings, houses, sheds, walls, etc...

However, once you've designed and built the basics of your "little row of houses in a street" for example, and you start thinking about adding some more detail - you can quickly find yourself stuck!

Look along the front - or back yards of any row of houses anywhere - it's amazing the amount of pointless c*@p people have lying around! None of it has any real "mission value" - none of it is strictly "necessary", but without all that stuff, places look strangely "unreal"...

Similarly.... it's easy to make a nice beach, there's a parasol umbrella or two available, the A3 assets include an ice-cream store, but at that point terrainmakers get kinda stuck... "It's a beach area but nobody ever goes there" sounds, and looks, pretty lame...

No excuses now!! ;)

Small(ish), self-contained, themed object packs which can be added to terrains and cited as a "required addon" are like gold for terrainmakers! I sincerely hope you'll consider other varied "theme packs" of this sort of quality!!!

eg:

"Backyard Bulls$@t Pack" - Old flowerpots, greenhouses, toolsheds, potted plants, decorative edging for flowerbeds, kids toys, washing lines with drying clothes, compost heaps, lawnmowers & garden tools, trash burners, garden gnomes ( :D )....

Thanks once again for a terrific addon! - Now we'd best step to one side to avoid the stampede of terrainmakers with "101 New Terrain Ideas Which Involve Beaches"... :)

B

Best quality like everytime !

Also Bushlurker repeated what i tried to explain again and again :

We/I hope that there will additional people like you and the dog who build assets for terrainmakers !

Please keep up this fuxxing good work !

And just also realized the x-cam icon on the screens :-))))

Edited by MCPXXL

Thanks all for the kind words! Thats really motivating after working for months "in the dark". ;) -

I always try to find a good balance between Object Performance/Good Quality and how fast i can create them - so that i can do more "Medium-Grade"-Objects. Id rather have 15 "Medium-Grade"-Objects than 3 High-Quality-Ones (This is true for these decorative objects at least).

@Kecske: Maybe some day .. ill finish my "Civil Clothing"-Pack - some beach fashion is still missing. Thanks for the hint. Beautiful screenshots btw!

@NeoArmageddon: Sure - You can ship my pbos alongside your your work. I can provide you some or

all of them in your required namespace also, if you want. (Thats surely an offer for all the known Terrainmakers here, too). Mapbuilder-Support noted for next update coming next weekend, i think.

@Bushlurker: Thats what i missed all the times, too. And i can tell you - This first pack

serves as a "Ballon Test" more or less. The next ones are a lot more complex and they include

several of the objects you mentioned already. Thanks for the hint with the kids toys and the

drying clothes! I always appreciate tips.

I try to find a scheme, after that i can spread my objects to different Packs.

What i have in mind until now is the following packs - I really hope i can release them all.

A) PLP Containers Containing all objects, where items can be "stored" in Cargo-, Fuel- and static versions.

B) PLP City Objects Containing civil/commercial objects that you can find on the streets and in the gardens of bigger cities and smaller villages.

C) PLP Interiors Pack Containing civil/commercial objects that you can find IN the housings of bigger cities.

D) Surprise Pack Muhahahahahahahaaaaarr! :) This will be awesome.

If someone has a better idea how to spread them, pls mention. :)

@MCPXXL: I hope this inspires some other people to make/release their Standalone-Object-Packs, too. Come on, Guys. Share your work! Id also consider to collect several single objects from you

all to include them in the corresponding packs that i have planned already.

• Like 1

Awesome work poolpunk. Really excited about the interiors pack and the surprise pack obviously :cool:. I hope it's vegetation. If it isn't, would that be something that interests you?

I'd love to see some of the older terrains upgraded with some fresh bushes and trees, or new terrains as well.

A friend of mine who doesn't play Arma was sat in the room as I looked at these. He asked "Why are you looking at those photos? Planning a holiday?"- I think it's a testament to the quality of your mod that he didn't realise it was screenshots of a game mod until I told him! I'd like to echo Bushlurker above in his statement too; the island (whilst impressive) can look a bit samey simply due to the lack of extra objects to diversify towns, these object packs look like the perfect opportunity to fix that!

@DavidZi: Not directly vegetation - But some vegetation will be included. You will like it. ;) - I do have several Grass and Plant-Objects, but theyre not looking that good - i think i will make some better versions one day, yes.

@Marcai: Thanks for the flowers,but I must admit, that its ArmA 3s Lighting ;) what makes it look so good - Most of the objects were existent in ArmA2-Times already. It didnt look that good there.

I wanted to have an update online last weekend already, but i decided to include several features in it, which were not finished then, but are nearly now:

Seatable Towels and Stools(!), as well as a cool radio-object actually playing laid-back hawaiaan music. Figured out how it works as last (Meh!). :yay:

Updated to v09b

- Added Big Island Radio (Object + Soundfiles)

- Added seatable versions of Chairs, Loungers and Towels

- Added Blackboard (Wiki Wiki)

- Inflatable Matress: Added 2 Textures

- Added Bar Stool (Upside Down)

- Added Light Bulbs (Editor-Placeable)

- Added Illuminated Advertising (Editor-Placeable)

- Surfboards: Added correct descriptive name

- Removed shimmer.p3d (Not needed)

- Several color-Tweaks

- Several ResLOD-Tweaks

- Several Shadow-Tweaks

Download URL (v09b) http://www74.zippyshare.com/v/ZdqFQrgb/file.html

---------- Post added at 12:41 ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 ----------

tumblr_nk4cw6sXS81tlpb1bo1_1280.jpg

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

A "No entry" message pops up like this:

2015-02-28_00001.png?dl=0

FYI,

- PLP BeachObjects v0.9.1(from PWS) loaded only, no other addons

- w/three DLCs: Zeus, Cart, Heli

- The previous version(v0.7.1?) had none. Maybe it was introduced recently or Something went wrong with my system recently.

Any idea?

Edited by scottlee

Thanks for the hint, scottlee! - Will be fixed in the next update, besides some other, smaller bugs.