crabs

why do i get low fps? amd fx 8350, amd r9 270x

I get only around 20 fps on ultra and it fluctuate to around 10 fps and under while playing. on standard settings its the same fps while playing no difference. why is this? I have a pretty high end pc. heres my specs

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P ATX AM3+/AM3 Motherboard

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 640GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: Diamond Radeon R9 270X 2GB Video Card

Case: Cooler Master CM 690 ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: Raidmax 535W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)

We have almost identical setups. Some easy things to check

- found out my video card software was overriding ingame settings. Made a a3 profile, vsync off, with most settings application controlled

- ingame view distance too high?

- right now im OC'd to around 4.2ghz stable (limited to this because of current cooling limitations)

- all power/thermal/throttle bios limitations disabled (amd cpus are power hungry)

- perhaps your rig cant handle full ultra settings

- i tested/tuned ingame settings for weeks until i was happy

Just some stuff off the top of my head. But i can play huge ai/script heavy missions in huge towns with great framerates

- found out my video card software was overriding ingame settings. Made a a3 profile, vsync off, with most settings application controlled

- right now im OC'd to around 4.2ghz stable (limited to this because of current cooling limitations)

- all power/thermal/throttle bios limitations disabled (amd cpus are power hungry)

Just some stuff off the top of my head. But i can play huge ai/script heavy missions in huge towns with great framerates

how much fps do you get? before and after you did that? and how to make an a3 profile?

Your cpu is too weak, unfortunately. AMD cpu perform like shit in Arma. Try overklocking it.

i have to agree with Llano on the amd cpu part. i have had an amd fx-8350 4.2ghz and it was just awfull for arma 3 have trid so many things that it will tkae ages to list. the best i could come up with was 30 fps more or less in multiplayer and about 35-40 fps singleplayer but mostly 30 fps. best tip i can give you is unpark your cores. use the core command in the startup of arma. onyl command that really help for some users. if you really want to improve arma 3 on that cpu you have to consider overclocking it a bit to about 4.8ghz that should give you about 10 fps more but thats it. so if you are up for the risk go for it. but really. scrap a few bucks together and get an intel cpu. trust me amd just suck for arma 3 compared to intel! my intel i7-4790k stock speed blast arma 3 with about 50-60 fps very rarely hits 40 fps.

because arma is heavily CPU bound and amd cpus are generally crap for gaming

i have to agree with Llano on the amd cpu part. i have had an amd fx-8350 4.2ghz and it was just awfull for arma 3 have trid so many things that it will tkae ages to list. the best i could come up with was 30 fps more or less in multiplayer and about 35-40 fps singleplayer but mostly 30 fps. best tip i can give you is unpark your cores. use the core command in the startup of arma. onyl command that really help for some users. if you really want to improve arma 3 on that cpu you have to consider overclocking it a bit to about 4.8ghz that should give you about 10 fps more but thats it. so if you are up for the risk go for it. but really. scrap a few bucks together and get an intel cpu. trust me amd just suck for arma 3 compared to intel! my intel i7-4790k stock speed blast arma 3 with about 50-60 fps very rarely hits 40 fps.

how did you get around 30 fps on multiplayer?! that's pretty good! I only get around 5-20 fps and 20 max? what videocard was it?

Agree on the AMD being useless for Arma.

As Ive got a fx-8350 at 4.5ghz, 16gb ram, raid 0 ssd's and crossfire 280x.

That also runs like a pile of poop, suffers from constant stutter and low fps.

So I bit the bullet and ordered a new Intel i5-4690K + gigabyte z97x gaming 5 motherboard from Scan.

Edited by kaysio

how did you get around 30 fps on multiplayer?! that's pretty good! I only get around 5-20 fps and 20 max? what videocard was it?
he gave the answer in your own quoted question.....:yay:

i have to agree with Llano on the amd cpu part. i have had an amd fx-8350 4.2ghz and it was just awfull for arma 3 have trid so many things that it will tkae ages to list. the best i could come up with was 30 fps more or less in multiplayer and about 35-40 fps singleplayer but mostly 30 fps. best tip i can give you is unpark your cores. use the core command in the startup of arma. onyl command that really help for some users.

how to use the core command?

Thats awesome! Could you post your settings? I haven't found the sweet spot yet

FX-8350 not being adequate for Arma3 is bullshit. Just get your settings right and you will easily get 40 - 80 fps with this CPU and an ancient video card.

I just made these a minute ago using my FX-8350 and HD6950 ancient graphics card. 40 fps in Kavala, the games most demanding place. If you want even more then turn down object distance, that's the biggest performance killer. Object quality you will want on high, otherwise the LOD scaling will not do it's job. If you set this to ultra, then even the objects you see at the horizon far away, will be rendered at their full detail, which is a waste of resources. Also note, HDAO only on low, very important. Terrain quality should not be beyond very high. The rest of the settings you can safely put on Ultra, as they are not very demanding.

6z7rpt.jpg

voxw2a.jpg

fn7qjt.jpg

Edited by Brisse

You cannot get 40FPS with such settings in multiplayer.

If you have performance problems in multiplayer, but not singleplayer, then it's the server's fault, not yours. Arma is kind of unique in the way that client FPS is affected by server FPS. If server FPS is bad, then every client will also have bad FPS.

You cannot get 40FPS with such settings in multiplayer.

This depends on alot, saying that you can't get more than 40 fps in multiplayer is like telling me that i can't drive faster than 40mph.

It all depends on the machine you have both server side and client side, if the machine is bad on the server side and good on the client side then you will have bad preformance. If the machine is bad on the client side but good on the server side you will have bad preformance but if you have good on both ends you will have good preformance. Then you have the maps in arma, like Altis is a really heavy map to run everything maxed out on, compared to say takistan witch is ported from arma 2.

From my own experience AMD cpu's tend to need more tweaking than intel cpu's, this may not be true but it have been for me. :)

If you have performance problems in multiplayer, but not singleplayer, then it's the server's fault, not yours. Arma is kind of unique in the way that client FPS is affected by server FPS. If server FPS is bad, then every client will also have bad FPS.

But users with better CPUs will have better FPS. So in terms of multiplayer AMD CPU is bad choice.

I get only around 20 fps on ultra and it fluctuate to around 10 fps and under while playing. on standard settings its the same fps while playing no difference. why is this? I have a pretty high end pc. heres my specs

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P ATX AM3+/AM3 Motherboard

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 640GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: Diamond Radeon R9 270X 2GB Video Card

Case: Cooler Master CM 690 ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: Raidmax 535W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)

Sorry for some reason i cant make my own thread so i am going to post my problem here

Straight to the point. My fps is so annoying on MULTI player like around 20-50 fps. On SP I get 80-100 fps on high-ultra settings. Any fix or suggestion would be grately approciated.

SPEC:

monitor:1440p 110hz

Gpu: Asus gtx 980

ram: 8gb

Cpu: i5 4690k @4.4ghz

game installed on my: ssd 840 pro samsung

thanks in advance guys oh

and ive tried changing thing on arma3 cfg file

tried unparking cpu

and tried putting commands on steam launcher and it did not work

Sorry for some reason i cant make my own thread so i am going to post my problem here

Straight to the point. My fps is so annoying on MULTI player like around 20-50 fps. On SP I get 80-100 fps on high-ultra settings. Any fix or suggestion would be grately approciated.

SPEC:

monitor:1440p 110hz

Gpu: Asus gtx 980

ram: 8gb

Cpu: i5 4690k @4.4ghz

game installed on my: ssd 840 pro samsung

thanks in advance guys oh

and ive tried changing thing on arma3 cfg file

tried unparking cpu

and tried putting commands on steam launcher and it did not work

If the server is crap (read: low performance/has crap FPS), all connected players do too. Likewise, if your ping is +200ms you'll experience FPS latency and crap FPS overall generally.

If the server is crap (read: low performance/has crap FPS), all connected players do too. Likewise, if your ping is +200ms you'll experience FPS latency and crap FPS overall generally.

Yeap and i think sadly this is overlooked quite often

Dude my pc was shitty but on high graphic in a heavy mission on a town i would get around 24 fps...on those more easy missions on the field against the AI "Like some of the campaign missions" i would get up to around 40 to 47 fps

Here was my PC

HD 6780 Black edition 2GB

Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 2.4ghz "1.2 ghz per core"

and 3gb ram

I guess you are right cause on SP player my GPU Handle this game like a butter. This game is been out for a while now and still not utilizing my cpu and gpu properly.I used to have 770 sli when i first bought this game like 1 1/2 ago but when i played online it was so crappy that is why i never played this game. But now that battlefield franchised is so scrwed,i came back to play this game(like i mean putting alot of time playing, still a noob though lol)expecting a smoother gameplay on my gtx 980 but i guess i am wrong. So if there is any suggestion i would take it and try cause i am really enjoying this game now. I should have spent more time playing this game more before than playing bf4 and cod. Community on this game is way more mature and awesome.

As Ive got a fx-8350 at 4.5ghz, 16gb ram, raid 0 ssd's and crossfire 280x.

That also runs like a pile of poop, suffers from constant stutter and low fps.

Edited by stankura

Your cpu is too weak, unfortunately. AMD cpu perform like shit in Arma. Try overklocking it.

Funny that you being totaly shit talking amd saying something like that, Intel fanboy.

Im running the amd 1055T phenom II black edition 2,3ghz, Yeah thats right the first generation and first hexacore on the market. and on all other games that is high cpu taxing i get awesome fps without overclocking. But in arma 3 i get around 10-20 fps. 

I would rather say that 8gb ram is probly not enough but then again im not sure. One thing i know for sure tho is that the coding in arma 3 really isnt that good and needs optimization. The reason i know its not the CPU is because i have a friend who has a amd dualcore cpu around 2.2ghz, dont remember wich one, But he has half the specs i have and he gets around 40 fps. Im also playing ark survival evolved wich was really taxing on cpu`s i had real big problems loading the surrounding areas getting huge lag spikes, waited a couple of updates and they optimized the game and now i can run that game on high settings with 60+ fps,  Im really due for a cpu upgrade, but this game would not stress my cpu for 20 fps that is also something you can see while monitoring the cpu and stress testing. 

Funny that you being totaly shit talking amd saying something like that, Intel fanboy.

Im running the amd 1055T phenom II black edition 2,3ghz, Yeah thats right the first generation and first hexacore on the market. and on all other games that is high cpu taxing i get awesome fps without overclocking. But in arma 3 i get around 10-20 fps. 

I would rather say that 8gb ram is probly not enough but then again im not sure. One thing i know for sure tho is that the coding in arma 3 really isnt that good and needs optimization. The reason i know its not the CPU is because i have a friend who has a amd dualcore cpu around 2.2ghz, dont remember wich one, But he has half the specs i have and he gets around 40 fps. Im also playing ark survival evolved wich was really taxing on cpu`s i had real big problems loading the surrounding areas getting huge lag spikes, waited a couple of updates and they optimized the game and now i can run that game on high settings with 60+ fps,  Im really due for a cpu upgrade, but this game would not stress my cpu for 20 fps that is also something you can see while monitoring the cpu and stress testing.

Funny how you have zero clue. And for your information, i have a AMD Phenom ii x4 965.

Yes, it's the cpu. They are multiple benchmarks where intel cpu perform better than amd.

8 GB RAM not enough??.... please.