Sign in to follow this  
fruity_rudy

Arma3 connection issue

Hey. I solved a lot of issues but this one is new to me:

My friend says, when he joins a server, he either:

a) can't see the player names from the slots

b) when he can see em and he is able to pick a slot, receiving mission file appears and nothing happens and after a while the connection is lost. Could it be a port issue in the router? I'm not quite sure if he got a new one..

Hello,

Check if he is playing using the development branch.

If he does, try switching back to stable version. Happened to some people back then during the alpha, you can try this.

no dev branch.. It's simply weird..maybe it's his router and the ports... I have no idea

Hi this is regarding the MTU; Some routers has a low MTU set sadly since ArmA 3 Devs obv insists this is not their fault cause their verifySignature sends a package set above their MTU the router causes a session lost which makes the verifySignature fail.

To sort this out: Your friend has to set his MTU on router to 1490 or 1500 (Recommended 1500) but some routers forbids it (Sadly mine does).

Nothing more you can do than making that the devs actually notice this issue and solve it from their end by liking this:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22490

ye I figured that already out. But thx for the answer. He can't change it in the router, that's his problem .. pretty sad.. I remember in A2 OA , there was an option for maxpackets or so .. but the entry is gone in A3.. he moved and got a new router and buying a new one only for A3 is not an option atm.. It's a pity when I play and he can't join and cries on TS :/

Hi this is regarding the MTU; Some routers has a low MTU set sadly since ArmA 3 Devs obv insists this is not their fault cause their verifySignature sends a package set above their MTU the router causes a session lost which makes the verifySignature fail.

To sort this out: Your friend has to set his MTU on router to 1490 or 1500 (Recommended 1500) but some routers forbids it (Sadly mine does).

Nothing more you can do than making that the devs actually notice this issue and solve it from their end by liking this:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22490

default maxpacket size of OA and A3 is 1400,

so unless his PC maxmtu is lower than 1400 or some router in the path is trashing packets over 1400

verifySignature uses same packets as rest of netcode for game so blaming it on the packet sizes is just plain nonsense

network setup with MTU under 1400 is quite rare

---------- Post added at 20:47 ---------- Previous post was at 20:42 ----------

ye I figured that already out. But thx for the answer. He can't change it in the router, that's his problem .. pretty sad.. I remember in A2 OA , there was an option for maxpackets or so .. but the entry is gone in A3.. he moved and got a new router and buying a new one only for A3 is not an option atm.. It's a pity when I play and he can't join and cries on TS :/

the same setting for packet size is in both A2: OA (arma2oa.cfg) and A3 (arma3.cfg) https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/arma2.cfg#Generic_config

class sockets{maxPacketSize = 1400;};

Dwarden,

I'm not talking this out of my head, I was told by several people from different communities that MTU has a big effect on this and most of us are unable to change our MTU settings.

In fact that this only happen with my router and not my 3G Phone even confirms it more.