Sign in to follow this  
afkellogg

Build stuff on manned mission

Hi AFKELLOGG,

To use the 3D printer you must first assemble it, ifit is not so yet. This is simply done by grabbing it (using the 'E' key by default), then pulling out your construction tool (default 'Q') and placing it where you wish, it will show a glowy representation of where to place it. Once it is placed it will unpack itself and then you can use it. It is pretty straightforward from there on.

Also a useful not, you can access your inventory with 'I' (default).

Thanks for clarifying that. I couldn't figure out how to use the 3D printer in the Victoria Crater Scenario.

Really looking forward to proper power management. The current base building is nice, but lacks things to do besides simple pressurized compartments.

Thinking about re-installing, I hope this still isnt the case!

There is still a chicken and egg problem with the smaller 3d printers and the small resource machines. I've waited for the new printers and crafting recipes before re-suggesting the fix. 

We need a man portable Algae farm that makes polymer and O2 is self powering. We also need a recycler that turns small rocks, plastic, ceramic and metal, into silicon, Iron, aluminium and carbon. Allowing you to scrap debris and fill an empty tank with starting feed stocks. And the recycler needs to fit into the small resource tank socket on the smallest printer. We already have small movable rocks but they are not on all maps and can't be picked up. Some grab-able debris is needed too.