Sign in to follow this  
Sam Samson

The culture that rules the world!

Well its a common fact that Alexander the Great was the first to make homosexuality a big part of his army. It was decided that soldiers fought better if sexual tension was released before battle so Alexander the Great provided sex for his soldiers. He wasnt going to use women becuase that would be too nice, so he used young boys. He had this warped pholisophy he told his soldiers that you are not Homosexual if you are the giver, only if you are on the recieving end. As you can see, Alexander the Great was a little crazy.........

I must yet again state the it was a New Zealander who was the firsta to unnoficially fly, so take that!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Oct. 01 2002,09:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well its a common fact that Alexander the Great was the first to make homosexuality a big part of his army. It was decided that soldiers fought better if sexual tension was released before battle so Alexander the Great provided sex for his soldiers. He wasnt going to use women becuase that would be too nice, so he used young boys. He had this warped pholisophy he told his soldiers that you are not Homosexual if you are the giver, only if you are on the recieving end. As you can see, Alexander the Great was a little crazy.........

I must yet again state the it was a New Zealander who was the firsta to unnoficially fly, so take that!<span id='postcolor'>

No, the army had to make do with boys and each other because Alex the Great claimed all the women for himself wink.gif

Alexander wasn't crazy, he was the world's first military genius. His father (Phillip II) managed to unite Greece for the first time, but Alexander took the small army of Greece and conquered Syria (nowadays Turkey+Middle East), conquered Egypt, nowadays Iran, Pakistan and reached India as well. Considering the amount of troops he had to his disposal and the logistics of such an enterprise, it has to be concluded that he was a genius. If he hadn't died on his return trip, we would all be speaking <span style='font-family:symbol'>Ellhnika</span> smile.gif

And Ralph, Maths was not entirely Greek, but we did invent Geometry, so we can claim a huge chunk of it smile.gif

And Physics is Greek, our models were valid for 2 millennia before Galileo and Newton came along smile.gif And Newton has alreadby been taken apart, after just 200 odd years wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Oct. 01 2002,09:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">He had this warped pholisophy he told his soldiers that you are not Homosexual if you are the giver, only if you are on the recieving end. As you can see, Alexander the Great was a little crazy<span id='postcolor'>

Oh yeah, and this is a load of bollox icon4.gif

Is it bollocks because you're Greek and affronted, or is it bollocks because you've seen documentaries and read books that contradict the ones we've seen? smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Oct. 01 2002,10:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Oct. 01 2002,09:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">He had this warped pholisophy he told his soldiers that you are not Homosexual if you are the giver, only if you are on the recieving end. As you can see, Alexander the Great was a little crazy<span id='postcolor'>

Oh yeah, and this is a load of bollox icon4.gif<span id='postcolor'>

is it bollocks cause ex-ronin has his own opinions on homo's wink.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Oct. 01 2002,12:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is it bollocks because you're Greek and affronted, or is it bollocks because you've seen documentaries and read books that contradict the ones we've seen? smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Both smile.gif

NHL hockey can be quite boring sometimes, compared to euro hockey.

reasons:

quick faceoff rule (finally introduced)

2 line pass

goon-style hockey made easy beacuse of the smaller rinks ("power forwards", yeah right!wink.gif

endless interferences

Gary Bettman

overall euro hockey emphasizes on speed and skill while NHL hockey... on ass kicking sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Oct. 01 2002,10:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And Ralph, Maths was not entirely Greek, but we did invent Geometry, so we can claim a huge chunk of it smile.gif

And Physics is Greek, our models were valid for 2 millennia before Galileo and Newton came along smile.gif And Newton has alreadby been taken apart, after just 200 odd years wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL! you remind me of the father of main character from "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" biggrin.gif

Geometry is part of mathematics, but not the chunk of it. infact, mathematics, in its highersense, has less with calculation, more with proofs. so greek logic is claiming the victory on this one, not the geometry. Egyptians used geometry extensively before greeks. so right conclusion, wrong direction. wink.gif

For Phyiscs, I don't give much to Greeks. Eureka might be famous, but Newton's concet of mechanics was the boiling point that brought advnacement in physics, along with calculus.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Oct. 01 2002,17:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Oct. 01 2002,10wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And Ralph, Maths was not entirely Greek, but we did invent Geometry, so we can claim a huge chunk of it smile.gif

And Physics is Greek, our models were valid for 2 millennia before Galileo and Newton came along smile.gif And Newton has alreadby been taken apart, after just 200 odd years wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL! you remind me of the father of main character from "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"  biggrin.gif

For Phyiscs, I don't give much to Greeks. Eureka might be famous, but Newton's concet of mechanics was the boiling point that brought advnacement in physics, along with calculus.<span id='postcolor'>

Unfortunately, I have yet to see that movie sad.gif Everyone's talking about it, but I can't be arsed going down to the movies confused.gif

As for Physics, we invented the concept of Physics. We were the first that came up with the idea that the world is governed by a set of laws, based on that we came up with other theories. All of these theories survived for 2 millennia, thus highly more succusful than Newton's theories that, although managed to come up with a new concept of seeing the world, only managed to survive for 200 years before being disregarded.

Ok, maybe not Physics as such and as we know it today, but we DID invent the subject Physics simply by thinking about these things smile.gif Therefore we also invented Theoretical Physics, because that is what 90% of Greek Physics were smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Oct. 01 2002,17:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Unfortunately, I have yet to see that movie sad.gif Everyone's talking about it, but I can't be arsed going down to the movies confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

It's an excellent movie, one of the funniest I've seen in a long long time smile.gif

Maybe I should go see it...

Since my divorce, I avoid wedding movies biggrin.gif

I hear they are making the concept into a TV series next year. Sheesh.

it is noteworthy that most accomplishments mentioned here were made in societies that were FREE.

incidentally the macedonian/greek city states were among the first to propagate an idea of civic freedom. actually alexander was as much a missionary of the greek way of life as he was a military man. what fed his ambition was the desire to spread his superior greek culture.

look at what they produced: everything exronin already mentioned, as well as breakthroughs in medicine (hippocrates, galen), sports (olympics), warfare (well, alex), creating a lingua franca (koine-greek) for the world, much like english today, etc.

too bad: when greece had become free it became fat and turned decadent. guess all great societies grew decadent before they fell.  confused.gif

fat greek weddings...

there was something else I wanted to say...

what was it?

*knock knock*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Oct. 01 2002,19:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I hear they are making the concept into a TV series next year. Sheesh.<span id='postcolor'>

Well the movie is based on the stand up of Nia Vardalos so if they could make a movie of it I don't see why they couldn't make a series, Seinfeld ran for so long after all smile.gif They could call it Seinokalos biggrin.gif

yes, now I remember:

let me say something about homosexuality too, since it came up:

(until the 70s it was only as popular as pedophilia is today).

homosexuality was a common feature in many ancient societies, I'll give you that. even socrates and plato mentioned it favorably. sad.gif

baal-worship in the mid east depended largely on male and female prostitutes acting as priests.

but this behaviour isn't natural. I know that's probably what they told you in school. but they made a political statement. it's not scientific. homosexuality is the farthest thing from natural.

(after all, God created adam and eve, not adam and STeve. biggrin.gif )

the greeks had their malakoi, their loverboys.

under the empire, (post-republic), the romans took it up as well: 14 out of the first 15 emperors were practicing sodomites!

nero i.e. had himself a boy, sporus, castrated. then he married him in a full public ceremony to be his "wife."

later nero, by a wicked scheme, had himself married to a man by the name of phytagoras who became his "husband."

nero also married a horse... wow.gif

I agree: mooost gays don't go that far.

but what am I supposed to think of somebody who has around 50 lovers a year? who sticks his weenie, tongue, fist, arm and assorted other stuff up somebody else's ...place where the sun duddn't shine?

group sex, "golden showers" (you know, the yellow stuff), scatting (yum), "mud rolls", sex and pain?

what on earth is natural about this?

no sound military can put up with groups of soldiers behaving like that.

statistically homosexuals abuse children at a rate 10 to 20 times that of straights. they rape and get raped in their subculture and don't think anything of it.

and they are 5000 times more likely to contract aids than other people.

homosexuality flourishes only in free societies, which brings me full circle:

I'd rather live in a free, entrepreneurial, creative society together with a few fairies (who do their flukey thing in private and leave my kids alone), than under a "clean" repressive, stifling, backward dictatorship. wink.gif

Sam Samson You're entitled to your opinion, however a lot of what you just posted I would consider homophobic, and that is something not tolerated on these forums, you're entitled to disagree with how I view what you post, however someone has to make a decision as to what is ok for the forum and what isn't, as a moderator that's my job, as far as I'm concerned some of what you just posted is homophobic. I would ask that in future you refrain from making such comments on here.

First this thread is about how great italy is, next everyone is bragging about what THEEEEEIR country did, and nooow we are having a discussion about gay people??!!

Damn this is getting waaaay too weird, i think i'm going to my bed now.....

Yes it certainly seems to have been spoiled by a bitter tone, I'll give it a little longer but I think it's just about dead.

I just started learning about Alexzander today in History. tounge.gif lol WOnder if I should bring this subject up. wink.gif

i lost interest in this thread after the 3rd page, the rest is just bickering like Placebo said, pfft i never thought id say this...but: ahh close it wink.gif

but seriously, this has gone waaay off the original topic confused.gif

In that case we must 'summon' a mod to close it!

I summon a mod to close this horrible nasty thread that is turning into a bitter toxic thread!

There, done.

I'm opening this real quick because Sam thought about what he'd written and felt bad and wanted to make amends, here's what he has to say.........

aaaah, guys...

sorry. sad.gif

I just re-read my gay-post from last night and I can't believe how drastic I was in my description. with hindsight now I wouldn't write it like that any more. it is truly nothing for the sensitive.

forgot the fact that the young'uns are reading that stuff too.

of course I stand by my opinion, but that is beside the point. the tone makes the music. so please accept my apologies. confused.gif

I don't think we got off topic, as homosexuality has a lot to do with culture. but I feel no urge to discuss it any further. wink.gif

I like this thread. (well, the main part.)

in a way it presents a peaceful huntingtonian "clash of cultures", when you see all of us list the achievements of our countries.

btw. I'm starting to go wobbly on my thesis that italy rules.

I'm starting to locate the matrix for the dominant culture of the world in germany.

gotta think some more about it. smile.gif

--------------------

regards,

Sam