accuracythruvolume

A new ISIS mod, picking up the ball

Al Nusra Front are assisting the Rebels against ISIL, who basically no one involved wants to see in charge of Syria. Thus they certainly shouldn't be featured on the same side as ISIL. They're anti-ISIL and also anti-West, the definition of independent.

I disagree. You've fallen into the common US-centric view of equating OpFor with 'bad guys'. In this series (nonsense 'future' scenario aside);

BLUFOR: United States and her allies and proxies;

We agree Peshmerga, Free Syrian Army and Iraqi Army all fit this bill.

OPFOR: Russian Federation (or previously the Soviet Union) and her allies and proxies;

We agree Syrian Arab Army and Syrian NDF fit this bill but I cannot agree that IS are a Russian ally.

INDFOR: Anyone who doesn't fall into one of the above (or who might readily vacillate)

Yes, given only three factions that will mean enemies can appear in the same faction but that's always possible to deal with on a mission level.

Al Nusra Front are assisting the Rebels against ISIL, who basically no one involved wants to see in charge of Syria. Thus they certainly shouldn't be featured on the same side as ISIL. They're anti-ISIL and also anti-West, the definition of independent.

From wikipedia it appears the alliance is fluid, one time they were allies, now they appear to figher each other as well as everyone else. Likely IS and Al-Nusra will be made into both OPFOR and INDEP factions so they can be used however players would like.

would it be possible to make a toyota with a bmp turret in the back, or a technical with 57mm aa cannon?

Gentlemen, may I point you to the Middle East Conflict mod?

It contains (see link above for pics):

Syrian Arab Army (OPFOR)

Hezbollah (OPFOR)

A Generic Middle Eastern army (OPFOR)

Middle East Irregulars (al Qaida, etc) (BLUFOR/INDEP/OPFOR)

Quds Force (OPFOR)

Western Black Ops (BLUFOR)

Hamas (OPFOR)

Taliban (INDEP)

Islamic State (INDEP)

Boko Haram (INDEP)

Generic African Military (OPFOR)

Generic African Irregulars (INDEP)

Generic South East Asian Irregulars (INDEP)

Middle Eastern civilians

Factions use Reyhard's Static East Weapons, T-72, BMP-1 and BMP-2, T-55 and Shilka. They also use Chairborne's Mi24.

Cheers

Chops

I disagree. You've fallen into the common US-centric view of equating OpFor with 'bad guys'. In this series (nonsense 'future' scenario aside);

OPFOR: Russian Federation (or previously the Soviet Union) and her allies and proxies;

We agree Syrian Arab Army and Syrian NDF fit this bill but I cannot agree that IS are a Russian ally.

INDFOR: Anyone who doesn't fall into one of the above (or who might readily vacillate)

Yes, given only three factions that will mean enemies can appear in the same faction but that's always possible to deal with on a mission level.

My rational for ISIL being OPFOR is that they're not aligned with Blufor under any circumstances. In my opinion this is the most realistic solution under the three side limitation. Thus the government troops appearing twice, so that in missions with both SAA and ISIL, they can be made fight eachother without workarounds.

I agree with this logic to divide factions, as it makes possible to create more possible realistic scenarios.

It's very difficult to find a proper place for ISIL...perhaps they should be OPFOR and IND to permit scenarios where SAA fight against them.

BLUFOR:

- Peshmerga

- Free Syrian Army

- Iraqi Army

OPFOR:

- Islamic State

- Syrian Arab Army

INDEPENDENT:

- Al-Nusra Front

- Islamic State

- Syrian NDF

I agree with this logic to divide factions, as it makes possible to create more possible realistic scenarios.

It's very difficult to find a proper place for ISIL...perhaps they should be OPFOR and IND to permit scenarios where SAA fight against them.

BLUFOR:

- Peshmerga

- Free Syrian Army

- Iraqi Army

OPFOR:

- Islamic State

- Syrian Arab Army

INDEPENDENT:

- Al-Nusra Front

- Islamic State

- Syrian NDF

That's not a bad breakdown at all.

Progress is plodding along

Faction_Base_Units_zpszblef3we.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:39 ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 ----------

Gentlemen, may I point you to the Middle East Conflict mod?

It contains (see link above for pics):

Syrian Arab Army (OPFOR)

Hezbollah (OPFOR)

A Generic Middle Eastern army (OPFOR)

Middle East Irregulars (al Qaida, etc) (BLUFOR/INDEP/OPFOR)

Quds Force (OPFOR)

Western Black Ops (BLUFOR)

Hamas (OPFOR)

Taliban (INDEP)

Islamic State (INDEP)

Boko Haram (INDEP)

Generic African Military (OPFOR)

Generic African Irregulars (INDEP)

Generic South East Asian Irregulars (INDEP)

Middle Eastern civilians

Factions use Reyhard's Static East Weapons, T-72, BMP-1 and BMP-2, T-55 and Shilka. They also use Chairborne's Mi24.

Cheers

Chops

The main purpose of this mod, above all use, is that this will fearlessly feature the ISIS logo in their faction. (Plus it's a learning exercise for me) Many mod makers have pulled the logos or their mod in its entirety due to BS media. I hold a "no farks given" on the subject. I enjoy and use the middle east conflict mod regularly, its great!

Good, don't understand why all the authors of the other great mods are running away with their tails tucked behind them. What you typed sums it up perfectly.

The main purpose of this mod, above all use, is that this will fearlessly feature the ISIS logo in their faction.

As MEC does :) I dunno what the big deal is. There's been Nazis in video games pretty much as long as there's been video games.

Best of luck with this mate. Will be keen to see what you come up with.

Cheers

Chops

Good, don't understand why all the authors of the other great mods are running away with their tails tucked behind them. What you typed sums it up perfectly.

To each his own opinion, but please respect their decisions : not everyone feels like standing accused of supporting terrorism - especially when the Daily Mail article is giving ideas to other newspapers...

BLUFOR:

- Peshmerga

- Free Syrian Army

- Iraqi Army

OPFOR:

- Islamic State

- Syrian Arab Army

INDEPENDENT:

- Al-Nusra Front

- Islamic State

- Syrian NDF

This would make a little more sense

BLUFOR:

- Free Syrian Army

- Peshmerga

OPFOR:

- Islamic State

- Al-Nusra Front

INDEPENDENT:

- Iraqi Army

- Syrian Arab Army/NDF

Nusra front could be OPFOR in that they haven't fought with the Islamic State in awhile

The Syrian Army/NDF is allied with the Iraqi Security forces.

The Peshmerga has is more of a shifting group, not the best relations with the Iraqi Central Government.

The FSA plays every side, even working with the SAA/NDF at time against the Islamist units and IS.

Edited by Yugoslav

I decided to delete the contents mainly for legal reform that will be approved in the coming days in my country that prohibits the advertising of IS.

I am modifying the content so that it is not illegal in my country and in this way to publish and follow enjoying .

It is sufficient to remove the logos and put a generic name.

In my opinion this should not be necessary. But my opinion does not matter when it conflicts with the law.

I was proposed to donate the contents to another to continue with my work but ultimately my decision was to continue with the project adapting it to the current regulations. Soon you will have news from me.

Thanks to all that understand my desicion.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?182938-The-Iraqi-Warfare-Mod-Alpha&p=2878555&viewfull=1#post2878555

Welp, there goes another one. Hope this encourages you even more to work on this and stand up to this bullshit press.

Sad, but you gotta respect the author's decision one way or the other.

The config stuff for the first faction is nearly done. Only a few tweaks left like time to hit the 2d stuff and add in retextured outfits. Planning on doing a bunch of random camo jobs as they tend to use a all kinds of mis-matched (stolen) stuff.

Here's some shots of the unit lists. Massi's vehicles and CUP weapons will be dependencies.

IS_2_12_a_zpsufayvmkw.jpg

lulz my sapper guy I called "snapper"...whoops...another thing to fix :p

IS_2_12_b_zpskikrj5fj.jpg

IS_2_12_c_zps5itzszjp.jpg

IS_2_12_d_zps9cciyym0.jpg

IS_2_12_e_zps6ex1aqp1.jpg

Does anyone have experience with giving units random weapons? I'm trying to do that via eventhandlers and no joy :confused: I'd really like to setup some random weapons for the infantry units.

Anywho... off to learn how to retexture!

--ATV

Here is to hoping that the ISIS forces are not all wearing body armor.....

Here is to hoping that the ISIS forces are not all wearing body armor.....

I set it up so only the team leader unit has a chance of getting a platecarrier. He's the boss so he gets the pick of the best looted stuff. All others use chestrigs/ bandoleers / harnesses.

Units will all have random headgear / weapons / vests / uniforms. Even the AT guy will occasionally not have an rpg, instead...something else.

Here's my first test with a custom uniform:

arma3%202015-02-15%2015-36-02-17_zpsqsxjnrqs.png

Once enough uniforms are made (expect to see a lot of mismatched camo) and the vehicles are gtg with "the evil logo" on them, then this will be released as version 1. The other factions will follow as updates. IS will be both on OPFOR and INDEP to suit player's needs.

I don't think it's a good idea to remove the certainty of an AT unit having an RPG. That makes it more hassle to create a scenario for. Beyond that, I don't think it actually makes a lot of sense when insurgent squads in the ME very commonly have an RPG and even use them as anti-personnel. It's not like they are hard to come by there or rarely used.

Example of camo mismatching:

arma3%202015-02-16%2000-43-16-92_zps9hu2oczj.png

---------- Post added at 07:55 ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 ----------

I don't think it's a good idea to remove the certainty of an AT unit having an RPG. That makes it more hassle to create a scenario for. Beyond that, I don't think it actually makes a lot of sense when insurgent squads in the ME very commonly have an RPG and even use them as anti-personnel. It's not like they are hard to come by there or rarely used.

Who said that they wouldn't be armed with...some other kind of anti-tank rocket whizz bang?

The point is to simulate how IS is a faction armed with stolen gear, and the gear will vary as it sure isn't like they adhere to any kind of standard over there. The picture above is all riflemen.