lecks

ASOR Vehicle Selector

Nice script man, will be switching my mission over to it, in fact i'm in the process of doing that now, but where would one go to change the color of the text(names of vehicles)? Would like it to be a darker grey or darken the background more when the list of vehilces is ope to select one.

Edited by gobi42

gobi42: In menu.hpp there's TEXT_SIZE up the top. For the description text you'll have to add sizeEx = whateversize; to the description class on line 317.

thanks for the reply. :) of course i didn't see that till i edited my post, But i'll use that info as well :)

Regarding Darkening the background, unfortunately it isn't really possible without making the name up the top have a background colour as well (which looked ugly imo). I think the colour is line 121 of menu.hpp:

colorBackground[] = {.3, .3, .3, 0};

The 0 at the end is the alpha, if you change it to 0.5 it'll be half transparent, 1 will be fully opaque. The .3s are the RGB.

I ended up finding what i needed, just needed to be pointed in the right direction. On line 308 i changed it to this colorBackground[]={0,0,0,1}; and that gave me a black background behind the list of vehicles and when away once i selected the one i wanted. keep up the great work man.

edit: when i build my mission with pbo project and check the radio box next to "check all file references". It fails to build, and gives these errors in the log

Warning: rapWarning: **********missing file(s)***************
Warning: Users\gobi\Documents\Arma 3\mpmissions\MercTrainingGrounds.Chernarus\ASORVS\menu.hpp Line 159: ASORVS\images\minus_ca.paa
Warning: Users\gobi\Documents\Arma 3\mpmissions\MercTrainingGrounds.Chernarus\ASORVS\menu.hpp Line 258: ASORVS\images\plus_ca.paa
Warning: Users\gobi\Documents\Arma 3\mpmissions\MercTrainingGrounds.Chernarus\ASORVS\menu.hpp Line 326: A3\ui_f\data\gui\Rsc\RscDisplayArcadeMap\icon_exit_cross_ca.paa
Warning: Users\gobi\Documents\Arma 3\mpmissions\MercTrainingGrounds.Chernarus\ASORVS\menu.hpp Line 387: ASORVS\images\rotate_right.paa
Warning: Users\gobi\Documents\Arma 3\mpmissions\MercTrainingGrounds.Chernarus\ASORVS\cfgfunctions.hpp Line 12: ASORVS\config.sqf
rapWarning: **********missing file(s)***************

I checked the 1.4 version i downloaded and there is no images folder in it. If i uncheck the box it builds and runs and your stuff doesn't mess up or anything. Hope that is helpful.

Edited by gobi42

@gobi42 : All of those files should exist (including the images folder). Some are from Arma 3 and some are from gear selector (just +/- icons). From my understanding, that check all file references thing only works properly if you have a P drive set up correctly and are using it as your workspace.

What are your plans once Bohemia releases his Vehicle Arsenal? Haven't had the chance to try it out though

Zriel: I'm working on adding a few of the features from Virtual Garage to ASORVS including sorting vehicles that use the same model into 'variants', choosing textures using the new textureSources class (and maybe cfgVehicleTemplates.. haven't looked at this yet), and adding/removing parts with animationSources. The backend is pretty much done, just need to make it look alright.

With the Gear Selector I've just added bipods and changed the way ammo works a bit (the current version is broken with a few vanilla guns on dev build. Will also implement the magazine group things (which hopefully modders will use to avoid having a separate set of ammo for each mod).

How can I set the height of the vehicles? Don't understand it from the documentation from armaholic. Tried it with:

this addAction ["Spawn Planes", {[["planes"], [], "planespawn3", 11] execvm "ASORVS\open.sqf";}]; 

and

this addAction ["Spawn Planes", {[["planes"], [], "planespawn3", [0,0,11]] execvm "ASORVS\open.sqf";}]; 

but non of these versions worked.

ASOR Vehicle Selector v1.4

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14576264/2015-02-04_00001.jpg (725 kB)

Installation instructions:

Include the following in your description.ext file:

#include "ASORVS\menu.hpp"

class CfgFunctions

{

#include "ASORVS\cfgfunctions.hpp"

};

To open the vehicle selector, 'execvm' asorvs\open.sqf. Parameters are as follows:

1 - Vehicle Types (Array of Strings). Can include "cars", "tanks", "helicopters", "planes" and/or "boats".

2 - Whitelist for this vehicle selector (Array of Strings). If this array isn't empty, allow only the class names specified.

3 - Spawn Marker (String). Name of the marker where the vehicle should be spawned. Nearby vehicles will be removed beforehand.

4 - Vehicle Height (Optional Number/Scalar, default 0). Height (Position format) for the vehicle to spawn ( so you can spawn them in/on buildings ).

5 - Spawn Radius (Optional Number/Scalar, default 5). Radius around the spawn point to clear before spawning the vehicle.

Examples of actions that can be placed on any object are as follows:

//Spawn any helicopters on the "chopperspawn" marker.

this addAction ["Spawn Helicopters", {[["helicopters"], [], "chopperspawn"] execvm "ASORVS\open.sqf";}];

//Spawn only B_MBT_01_mlrs_F and B_MBT_01_cannon_F on the "tankspawn" marker.

this addAction ["Spawn Tanks", {[["tanks"], ["B_MBT_01_mlrs_F", "B_MBT_01_cannon_F"], "tankspawn"] execvm "ASORVS\open.sqf";}];

Set up any settings you want (including blacklist) in ASORVS\config.sqf.

Usage instructions:

Select vehicle from the top of the screen.

Zoom in and out with the mouse wheel, rotate with left click/drag and move up/down (when zoomed) with right click/drag.

Click Issue Vehicle to spawn the vehicle on the spawn point.

Features:

Choose and spawn vehicles with a preview in a customizable fullscreen interface consistent with ASOR Gear Selector.

Supported Languages:

- English

Credits/Thanks:

Lecks - Author

ASOR for helping to iron out most of the bugs and problems.

Legal disclaimer:

You are free to:

Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work.

Modify — to adapt the work.

Under the following conditions:

Notification - If you improve this work, you must give Lecks a copy of the improvements and the option of including it in a new version of this work if he sees fit.

Profit - You can not use this work on monetized servers without permission from Lecks. You can use this work within Make Arma Not War entries.

DOWNLOAD

I have a problem.

When i go to spawn, and open menu with vehicles ( i don't see nothing vehicles )

give me this error Asorvs_Main_Dialog not found.

How do i fix?

Sorry, I have been working on this still, but it hasn't been polished enough to release for a while. Hoping to have a new version out soon. The new version allows you to create/save/load cargo presets and spawn ammo crates, as well as adding some features that are in the garage like paint jobs, turning parts on/off and sorting vehicles into variants.

@MasterAntony: sounds like you're missing menu.hpp in description.ext (or possibly all the stuff that needs to be in description.ext).

Is there a way to blacklist/whitelist a SIDE's vehicles from showing up in the selector? For example; remove all EAST, GUER and CIV vehicles for BLUFOR so that only BLUFOR vehicles are listed. I've read the config file and it reads like I should be able to, but nothing changes in-game. All vehicles are always available. Even typing specific classnames into the Blacklist/Whitelist space does not stop them from showing up, so either this function has stopped working or I am completely misunderstanding the instructions.

Specifically, I'm trying to remove RHS' Russian vehicles from showing up in the list when playing as BLUFOR.

Excuse me lecks,

can I ask you a complete example of your your Script?

A init with all 5 point in your first page would be great because i 'm having problem with syntax...especially how to write height and clean radius !!!

thank you in advice

Thank you for this nice tool.  

I am having one difficulty I hope someone can help with.  I want to use this with a vehicle mod.  The mod is the AH-64D Apache Longbow found here:  http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28085

In order to get this vehicle to be included along with the rest of the helicopters, I have edited the initialization line like so:

this enableSimulation false; this allowDamage false; this addAction ["<t color=#00FF00'>Spawn Helicopters</t>", {[["helicopters], ["fza_ah64d_b2e", "RHS_AH64D_wd", "RHS_AH64D_wd_GS"], "chopperspawn_1"] execvm "ASORVS\open.sqf";}];

I have also edited fn_buildDatabase.sqf like so:

case ((_classname isKindOf "Helicopter") || (_classname isKindOf "fza_helicopters")) : {
_helicopters pushBack [DB_Helicopters, _classname, _displayname, _picture, nil, count _helicopters, _side];

The part I am not sure of is the classname of this mod.  In the editor, the display name is "FZA - Helicopters" but when I look in the Config Viewer under CfgVehicleClasses I find fza_helicopters.

After saving my changes I hoped that the database would be built to include the two vehicle variants included in my new mod, but they are not being included.

Any suggestions?

Hi Lecks, I was exploring the ASORVS as a replacement for the VVS script by tonic-_-. However, I've run into an issue with whitelisting that I can't seem to diagnose or solve, and have one other request.

We like having a spawnboard for ground vehicles, and a spawnboard for air vehicles - so the ability to enter multiple filters into the spawn string is helpful, and works just fine. However, I cannot get the whitelist in config.sqf to actually have any effect on the vehicles listed.

Now for some snippets to check I've not completely derped on something!

this addAction ["Spawn Air", {[["helicopters", "planes"], [], "airspawn"] execvm "ASORVS\open.sqf";}, 0, 8]; this enableSimulation false;

This happily opens the spawn menu, and spawns any vehicle in the helicopter/plane category at the required position, having cleared any surrounding obstructions within 8m (excluding wrecks, as far as I can tell. Unhelpful if some dingbat crashes on the pad!). The spawnheight parameter doesn't seem to do anything whatsoever, but that's not a huge concern for me.

ASORVS_SideRestriction = true;

ASORVS_BrightMaps = [];

ASORVS_UnitInsigniaAsBackground = false;
//Background logo. Can be in a mod or in a mission. .paa (recommended) or .jpg
ASORVS_BackgroundLogo =   "A3\ui_f\data\Logos\arma3_expansion_ca.paa";
//ASORVS_BackgroundLogo = "image.jpg"; //Image in your mission folder.
//ASORVS_BackgroundLogo = "clan-textures\clan_logo.paa"; //Image in clan-textures.pbo addon

//Background tile (Arma 3 loading screen noise)
ASORVS_BackgroundTile = "A3\ui_f\data\GUI\cfg\LoadingScreens\loadingnoise_ca.paa";

//Items that should not be shown in any lists
ASORVS_Blacklist = [];
//You can also add a blacklist per side AND/OR per faction. All blacklists that match player when ASORVS is opened will be included. Examples:
//ASORVS_Blacklist_WEST = []; //hide items for all west units
//ASORVS_Blacklist_BLU_F = []; //hide items for all NATO (class name BLU_F) units

//Only these items will show in any lists. Items not in these lists will be removed when opening ASORVS. Only base radios from TFAR / ACRE need to be added.
ASORVS_Whitelist ["B_Heli_Light_01_F"];
//You can also add a whitelist per side and/or per faction. Items in this list MUST also be in ASORVS_Whitelist if it exists.
//ASORVS_Blacklist_WEST = ["ItemRadio"]; //hide items for all west units
//ASORVS_Blacklist_BLU_F = ["ItemRadio"]; //hide items for all NATO (class name BLU_F) units

I uncommented the ASORVS_Whitelist on line 21, then tried it with ["ItemRadio", "B_Heli_Light_01_F"], and then just ["B_Heli_Light_01_F"]. Neither seemed to affect the list of vehicles the spawn menu popped up. For us, this is a real dealbreaker so I'm really keen to find out whether I've misunderstood something, or whether this is a known issue?

The additional request is that I'd like to be able to affect the sorting of the spawnlist, rather than having it with enforced alphabetic ordering. I like having the vehicle spawn list ordered by function and capacity, and therefore having the enforced alphabetic sorting is an annoyance - especially as it then separates out similar airframes with similar roles that are simply differently named.

Otherwise, I want to thank you for producing such a beautiful vehicle spawner, and the info about the vehicle on the left is just the cherry on top :D

Hi, i have a probleme :D

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/403430334745949823/D8352B6F6392250F46C0CA1D5847EE1004B9112B/

I do not have the images folder in my folder ASORVS

>>>>menu.hpp 

class rotateDragThing : ASORVS_RscPicture
{
idc = 425004;
type = 1;
style = 48;
text="ASORVS\images\rotate_right.paa";

so I have no textures called

Sorry for my english i'm a french ;)

I'd like an example for setting the height if anyone got it to work please :( .

Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't been around much. I don't currently have the time at the moment to recreate the mission script for public release as we've now integrated it into a bunch of mods/scripts that we use at ASOR. With that said, there has been a lot of work going into the gear/vehicle selector to keep them going for ASOR. This is not an official release, but for anyone who's waiting, here's the newest version of the gear/vehicle selector in mod format AS ASOR USES IT, including our blacklists, etc. There's not much documentation, but hopefully the sample mission/configs will explain the basics of how to use it outside of ASOR.

A couple of things to note:

- Currently no mission script version.. would just need to rename/fill in the RscTitles in asor_common/ui_common and menu.hpp files and keep the folder structure in the mission (/asor/asor_gear_selector/*), but I don't have time at the moment. Will likely be in next public release.

- Only the blacklist works (and player/side/faction specific "white-lists"). Currently no overall whitelist. The logic would have to go in asor/asor_gear_selector/functions/fn_BuildMainBlacklist and fn_IsAllowed if you want to implement it.

- Major lack of documentation.

- There's a bunch of ASOR-specific stuff in there that you'll likely find useless, but nothing should hurt performance/stability (just scripts sitting there not running).

- While these are prerelease, they're likely the most stable version available.

- Full source is included.

Changes since the last version:

- Probably a hell of a lot of bug fixes and optimizations that I can't remember. Changed to mods that use our custom libraries.

- Vehicle selector now also supports custom cargo (with loading/saving), vehicle variants (shorter overall lists), and enabling/disabling parts. Requires gear selector to be enabled. Uses gear selector blacklist (but doesn't include soldier class specific items).

- Vehicle selector can work at heights either ASL or based of a specified object.

- Vehicle selector can use custom scripts. ASORVS_SpawnedVehicle will contain the last vehicle you spawned, or you can pass script as a paramter.

- Extra slots to properly support all the extra items that come with ACE3.

- Changed formats of configs so they can be in description.ext or mods config.cpp and are hopefully more clear.

- All ASOR specific settings are in ASORConfig.hpp which is included in the config.cpps. If you're a group looking to add it to your modset, I'd recommend doing it the same way either in a modified asor_gear_selector pbo or an extra PBO. You can also put all the same settings in mission description.exts if you prefer.

http://asor.com.au/wpdm-package/asor-vehiclegear-selector-prerelease/

• Like 1

New mod v0.1-beta available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey NickSeafort , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Outstanding! This is a must for my missions. 

Question:  Maybe I am doing something wrong but the Insignia selection disappears once ASOG is fully displayed just like before?  I thought it was fixed?

Thanks

Awesome, thanks for the release! 

Having a problem.  I have a profile saved for no outfit.  When i load the gear selector, it loads that one first and then no uniform is selected.  When this happens, the selection for uniform is missing.  Can anyone confirm this is happening? 

Also suggestion, since its addon based (i know still in beta), can you make it module based so no description is required?  Also  is it possible to sync module to objects to auto add addaction menus?

Thanks for keeping this alive.  Use it in all my missions.  A+  :)

***EDIT***

Just to further explain.  While the screen is loading, the Uniform field pops up showing Empty, but then it disappears and it seems the fields get grouped up like when you remove something from a field that was expanded.

vengeance1: You should be able to use the setting UnitInsigniaOption = 1;

(so the full config would be)

class ASORGS {
     Enabled = 1;
     ConfigName = MyConfig;
     class MyConfig {
          UnitInsigniaOption = 1;
     };
};

It's disabled by default because we set them with script for squads.

Just to further explain.  While the screen is loading, the Uniform field pops up showing Empty, but then it disappears and it seems the fields get grouped up like when you remove something from a field that was expanded.

I can't seem to reproduce this. The only reason it should not show up is if there's nothing available to select. By default, uniforms are side-specific (UniformSideRestriction = 0; to disable).. I don't suppose you're ending up on a strange side like ENEMY (all uniforms will be east,west,guer or civ afaik) ?

Hey NickSeafort , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

I think you (or your robot) grabbed the wrong post :) .