lecks

ASOR Vehicle Selector

ASOR Vehicle Selector v1.4

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14576264/2015-02-04_00001.jpg (725 kB)

Installation instructions:

Include the following in your description.ext file:

#include "ASORVS\menu.hpp"

class CfgFunctions

{

#include "ASORVS\cfgfunctions.hpp"

};

To open the vehicle selector, 'execvm' asorvs\open.sqf. Parameters are as follows:

1 - Vehicle Types (Array of Strings). Can include "cars", "tanks", "helicopters", "planes" and/or "boats".

2 - Whitelist for this vehicle selector (Array of Strings). If this array isn't empty, allow only the class names specified.

3 - Spawn Marker (String). Name of the marker where the vehicle should be spawned. Nearby vehicles will be removed beforehand.

4 - Vehicle Height (Optional Number/Scalar, default 0). Height (Position format) for the vehicle to spawn ( so you can spawn them in/on buildings ).

5 - Spawn Radius (Optional Number/Scalar, default 5). Radius around the spawn point to clear before spawning the vehicle.

Examples of actions that can be placed on any object are as follows:

//Spawn any helicopters on the "chopperspawn" marker.

this addAction ["Spawn Helicopters", {[["helicopters"], [], "chopperspawn"] execvm "ASORVS\open.sqf";}];

//Spawn only B_MBT_01_mlrs_F and B_MBT_01_cannon_F on the "tankspawn" marker.

this addAction ["Spawn Tanks", {[["tanks"], ["B_MBT_01_mlrs_F", "B_MBT_01_cannon_F"], "tankspawn"] execvm "ASORVS\open.sqf";}];

Set up any settings you want (including blacklist) in ASORVS\config.sqf.

Usage instructions:

Select vehicle from the top of the screen.

Zoom in and out with the mouse wheel, rotate with left click/drag and move up/down (when zoomed) with right click/drag.

Click Issue Vehicle to spawn the vehicle on the spawn point.

Features:

Choose and spawn vehicles with a preview in a customizable fullscreen interface consistent with ASOR Gear Selector.

Supported Languages:

- English

Credits/Thanks:

Lecks - Author

ASOR for helping to iron out most of the bugs and problems.

Legal disclaimer:

You are free to:

Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work.

Modify — to adapt the work.

Under the following conditions:

Notification - If you improve this work, you must give Lecks a copy of the improvements and the option of including it in a new version of this work if he sees fit.

Profit - You can not use this work on monetized servers without permission from Lecks. You can use this work within Make Arma Not War entries.

DOWNLOAD

Edited by Lecks
  • Like 2

Thanks for informing us about the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Very fancy vehicle spawner! Thanks for releasing this! Much appreciated.

When putting

this addAction ["Spawn Helicopters" {[["helicopters"], [], "chopperspawn"] execvm "ASORVS\open.sqf";}];

i get a......

missing ]
error.:confused:

oops, missing a comma

this addAction ["Spawn Helicopters", {[["helicopters"], [], "chopperspawn"] execvm "ASORVS\open.sqf";}];

Great script, work perfectly and easy to use .

By the way did you tested it in dedicated/persistent environement ? And if so is it stable?

When putting

i get a......

error.:confused:

Lecks forgot a " , " :

this addAction ["Spawn Helicopters" [color="#FF0000"],[/color]{[["helicopters"], [], "chopperspawn"] execvm "ASORVS\open.sqf";}];

• Like 1

Thanks Lecks and Cruoriss. Works a charm, nice jobs Lecks. ;)

Edited by Law-Giver

At ASOR we've been using it in a dedicated server for around 6 months. Seems stable. We don't use it in a persistent environment (but nothing is persistent in it?)

Awesome Lecks.

Any chance you can rewrite it so the script automatically detects vehicle classes?

Will include this into a new spawning box.

Cheers

@RedPheonix: Not sure what you mean? You can just leave the 'whitelist' blank in the addaction to show all vehicles of a class such as:

this addAction ["Spawn Helicopters" ,{[["helicopters"], [], "chopperspawn"] execvm "ASORVS\open.sqf";}];

@sergeziegler: Yeah, it can do "cars", "tanks", "helicopters", "planes" and/or "boats".

this addAction ["Spawn Planes" ,{[["planes"], [], "planespawn"] execvm "ASORVS\open.sqf";}];

You need to create a marker on the map with the name the same as the third parameter that you pass to open.sqf (ie "chopperspawn" or "planespawn" in the examples above). This marker indicates the position/rotation that the vehicle will be placed.

You need to create a marker on the map with the name the same as the third parameter that you pass to open.sqf (ie "chopperspawn" or "planespawn" in the examples above). This marker indicates the position/rotation that the vehicle will be placed.

Ok, I just found out, lol.

I hope that the creator of the mod can implement the ability to use insignia on vehicles

Would be really nice if it was possible to freely add user defined categories. Just like "APCs", "IFVs", "MBTs", MRAPS", "Support", "Interceptors", "Ground Attack Planes", and so on... Maybe the user could define a categorie, and add the classnames which should be in it. Could come in really handy on servers with 45 vehiclemods running, if you dont wanna scroll down a long list of ground vehicles, but just wanna find that M6 Linebaker in the "AA-vehicles"-categorie.

Edited by MDTorch
adding why it could be useful

you can define tank or car splitting it into 2 and then by side blufor or opfor vehicles only to get the list shorter for a side.

but for me its a great way to view all the vehicles and see crew positions how many passengers and how many can shoot from the vehicle etc.

@MDTorch: You can use the second parameter to show only certain vehicles for a specific vehicle selector (So you can have one for just AA vehicles if you list all their class names).

Lecks, i just sent you a private message with an improvement i made to your script :) .

Is it possible to add a code inside your script if a vehicle is unattended for a period of time it will be automatically be deleted? just started noticing vehicles stacking up on our server, thinking about performance.

:) Great script otherwise

Hi, also just tried your script, looks very nice indeed and shows a lot of mod vehicles too.

But i have one small problem. In my mission i also still use the VAS and it seems to use also the same file names as this. Would there be a way to bring the two together ? i think is something with the cfgfunctions.hpp ....

Probably that is easy to do somehow but i dont know much about scripting.. Any help would be nice.

@DevilSpawn: I'll add an option in the next version to run a custom init script on vehicles that are spawned (which would allow you to add it to cleanup scripts).

@DemonLordy: You should be able to use it with VAS. You just need to include the cfgfunctions from both VAS and ASORVS in the same CfgFunctions block in description.ext like this:

#include "ASORVS\menu.hpp"
#include "VAS\menu.hpp"
class CfgFunctions
{
#include "ASORVS\cfgfunctions.hpp"
#include "VAS\cfgfunctions.hpp"
};

Ah thanks very muchfor the quick help, that did the trick :)

I did know it must be easy. As i said works perfect also with mod vehicles, very good :)

Errr.. no it's not.. I'm planning on releasing a new version soon. Credits to Cruoriss for noticing this embarrassing error. In fn_buildDatabase.sqf,

ASORVS_DB = [_cars, _tanks, _autonomous, _planes, _boats, _helicopters];

should be

ASORVS_DB = [_cars, _tanks, _autonomous, _planes, _ships, _helicopters];