Sign in to follow this  
BadHabitz

What makes a Sidearm? What makes a Launcher?

I've been experimenting with some weapon things and I want to make certain weapons work as a sidearm, or as a launcher. I've added type=2 and type=4 to turn weapons into sidearms and launchers, often with hilarious spaghetti monster like results. So I don't know if this is something to do with model.cfg, or with the model itself, or maybe that the entire idea is not possible.

So that's why I'm starting a thread on the forums, trying to get some insight as to how this can get done. What makes a Sidearm? What makes a Launcher?

I think this is due to the import the animation file "xxxx.rtm" the arma2, which is not compatible with the arma3.

Ok, the updated rtm fixed the spaghetti monster graphics problem, but did nothing else to get towards my final goal.

If I create a class name that inherits from the working parent, but add type=2 (for sidearm), it works, but with a stretched arm that's not going to be acceptable.

When I use type=4 (for launcher) the weapon shows in the primary weapon list in VA. When selected it does show on the back of the soldier, but is then not able to be selected or used. A second use of VA makes it disappear.

Switching Rifle and Rifle_base_F to Launcher and Launcher_base_F (with or without type=4) creates a product that shows in VA, shows on the left of the soldier's back, shows in the inventory, is an option to switch to using the mouse wheel... but even when selected the soldier never brings it around to hold it.

All of this is why I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

edit: Funny results. The item just sits on the soldier's back, but when I sprint I'm able to shoot, but only straight up from the soldier's back. Then the reloading animation is a bit wonky. It leads me to believe there's a whole host of animation work to be done to get this to work, but I don't know.

Edited by BadHabitz