Hey Mossarelli,

Have put together a rifle qualification range using your targets for half of the range. I see there hasn't been any action in this thread but I'm hoping you get this. I know of the JIP issues but I'm also seeing some weird stuff when checking score, basically it says x shots from 0 bullets. I have hacked the scripts a little to make them work across the whole range and for it to give a score, bullets hit and shots fired. Is there any chance you're working on a fix for the JIP as I think that's the main issue? I would really love to use your range but it is looking increasingly unlikely with all the issues. Forgot to mention that a lot of issues started after the Eden update with 3D editor.

Hope this thread and template isn't dead. If you like I can send you the mission file for you to have a look at, I'm no scripter unfortunately, a part from the JIP issues it may be something simple I have missed.

Cheers

AusCleaver

Yeah, i hope this thread isnt dead, too... 

Im still searching for a solution witch the camera... 
with the debug console i can reinit the camera and it works again, but till now, i didnt manage to put it in an addaction

Question. I added a couple functions that allow me to move the target in 100m increments.

player addAction ["Move 100m Out","target1 setPos ([target1,100,14.881] call BIS_fnc_relPos)"];

player addAction ["Move 100m In","target1 setPos ([target1,100,194.881] call BIS_fnc_relPos)"];

It works as intended but the camera position on the second target is off.

I'm guessing that the initialization lines of the signs need to be reinitialized. 

Target Sign Initilazation Line:

this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, 0]; this setvectorup [0,0,1];

PiP Sign:

this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, -1]; this setvectorup [0,0,1];

Maybe another player addaction for resetting the camera(s)?

Mission pbo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_-h9YK1k19TUjVjaWZRZmpTWFk/view?usp=sharing

As highlighted on the mission with a big marker (which you have deleted from the pbo):

Target name must end with 2 digit number from 01 to 20 for the camera to work.

With exception that you can go higher than 20 but there's not enough jpg picture signs for it.

Secondly: in order to move the camera you will have to use a small script on the target's camera:

CAMERA camSetPos (TARGET modelToWorld [0,-1.5,0.8]);
CAMERA camCommitPrepared 0;

But because the _camera variable is local and changes every restart, you will have to figure out a way to make the variable of the camera known to your script that moves the target.

The script was not designed to move the target anywhere and the camera's position doesn't update. However, on the next update I will write a TODO to spawn a loop that updates the camera position every 5 seconds so that it can be moved.

Hey Mossarelli,

Have put together a rifle qualification range using your targets for half of the range. I see there hasn't been any action in this thread but I'm hoping you get this. I know of the JIP issues but I'm also seeing some weird stuff when checking score, basically it says x shots from 0 bullets. I have hacked the scripts a little to make them work across the whole range and for it to give a score, bullets hit and shots fired. Is there any chance you're working on a fix for the JIP as I think that's the main issue? I would really love to use your range but it is looking increasingly unlikely with all the issues. Forgot to mention that a lot of issues started after the Eden update with 3D editor.

Hope this thread and template isn't dead. If you like I can send you the mission file for you to have a look at, I'm no scripter unfortunately, a part from the JIP issues it may be something simple I have missed.

Cheers

AusCleaver

Yes, I got a chance to test the targets on the Eden editor and on a dedicated server. The whole script will be rewritten if I can't get it to work on Dedicated servers, and it will then use the old way of scripts using init.sqf, #include and plenty of sqf files.

More issues has spawned when using the Eden editor that wasn't there before but none that has affected the range's scripts.

5 years ago I wrote range scripts that worked on a dedicated server in Arma 2 with ACE. Those scripts inspired this range but they weren't copy pasted since I rewrote all code to use more modern syntax for Arma 3.

Yeah, i hope this thread isnt dead, too... 

Im still searching for a solution witch the camera... 

with the debug console i can reinit the camera and it works again, but till now, i didnt manage to put it in an addaction

Read.

A reminder to those that want to use this script. Read the map markers! Don't name the targets anything but NAME_##. The script is dependent on the 2 last digits of the logics for the lane. I will rewrite the trim function to allow for anything you want plus _## but until then it breaks the scripts.

In the new update that I will be sharing, there will be sign targets, falling targets and the score system is updated to not bug out etc. The falling targets will be available to use as qualification as there's an automated random popup action for 1, 5 or 10 automated popups. It will take some time to fix all the issues but it will be updated to next week.

• Like 3

This will be something sorely missing from the game.

Thanks for the efforts!

Back from the dead. Glad to see you still have an interest in this project. Your targets are THE best for sighting in optics for Arma 3. I hope you consider making a movable one in the future. Even if just for a single lane single player senario.

This thread still fails to send me notifications for posts.

I've uninstalled Arma to save on hdd space until x64 is stable.

I won't be working on this project, probably ever again.

Feel free to do something fun with the script and rerelase it.

• Like 1

I know moss has stopped working on this, but has anybody figured out a way to maybe reset the camera targets with a script or trigger so that when you step into that area the camera can reinitialize its script?