Sign in to follow this  
slatts

Using the ISIS mod? Shame on you.

According to the Daily Mail anyway.

I had to check to see if the date was April 1st but then again. This newspaper is not even good for wiping a dogs arse.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2937641/ISIS-fighters-distributing-video-game-allows-players-play-role-Islamist-kill-Westerners.html?login#readerCommentsCommand-message-field

And how they describe the whole thing. Zero knowledge about Arma, Mods or computer games in general....

Yeah now ISIS is recruting over ArmA3 xD this is hilarious hahahah :D, seems like people cant make mods nowdays ... i bet next article is about Ukraine hahahah :P

MailOnline rage about Waffen-SS, NKVD, Al-Qaeda and Taliban supporters recruiting in OFP since 2001 in 3, 2, 1 ... :rolleyes:

None of these British rags are worth the paper they are printed on, even more so for the CO2 released into the atmosphere to host their websites where the journalistic principles of fact-finding and speaking to both sides are completely abandoned in their rancid quest for page views (read: ad sales). Freedom of press shouldn't be unlimited, purposely lying rags like this should be banned for their distortion of reality to the masses. They are no better than the ISIS PR machine.

I use the mod so I can fly an A-10 around the spread freedom. Where's the journo-balance explaining that!?

This coupled with the Irish Sun calling a TU-95 a fighter jet has made me find my calling in life. Military and computer game adviser to the press.

I had to check to see if the date was April 1st but then again. This newspaper is not even good for wiping a dogs arse.

Poor dogs :rolleyes2:

However ISIS supporters quickly 'hijacked' the mod and enabled users to play as the jihadis themselves, encouraging them to murder characters based on Westerners and anti-ISIS troops.

Rollin' on floor laughtin' :D

Reaching for the lowest fruit on the tree when you have to try and make user generated content on a game into a form of news, this is less news worthy than Hatred and is about as much of a training tool to reality as Mass Effect is a sex sim.

Edited by NodUnit

Man, even terrorists are laying down their arms and playing arma 3! :p There ya go BI, next sales pitch haha

I use the mod so I can fly an A-10 around the spread freedom. Where's the journo-balance explaining that!?
Ehhhh, the article admitted that it didn't come from BI (important considering the old IRA video) and that the mod originated with an "anti-ISIS" disposition...

Yup, it's also worth mentioning that this mod (which, according to them, is a user generated modification) was not released by BI... :rolleyes:

ISIS supporters have modified ARMA III so users can play as the militants

AHAHAHAH, not funny at all.

Gah, I shouldn't read dailymail articles, it hurts so much. That pathetic writing style, the knee-jerk reactions to things they don't understand, the pure sensationalist stupidity ... I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually them that caused those British ISIS-members to join in the first place.

The last mod that made me go radical was the Stargate Mod, I'm now learning Goa'Uld as I'm typing this, so I can communicate appropriately with our new overlords.

Did you know that unlabelled terrorists also infiltrated and modified Counter Strike games to allow you to play as terrorists, planting bombs and encouraging the murder of western police forces?

Daily mail bile nonsense as ever, Don't click it and give them the extra page views/££

Gah, I shouldn't read dailymail articles, it hurts so much. That pathetic writing style, the knee-jerk reactions to things they don't understand, the pure sensationalist stupidity ... I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually them that caused those British ISIS-members to join in the first place.

The last mod that made me go radical was the Stargate Mod, I'm now learning Goa'Uld as I'm typing this, so I can communicate appropriately with our new overlords.

Click-bait... :) Those bills won't pay themselves.

also

Arik tre'ac te kek! Ko Keka onac!

Arik tre'ac te kek! Ko Keka onac!

lo tak meta satak Lenyoga, kree shak!

I wonder how many MORE copies of ARMA III are now being sold with this function enabled? Those guys sure have a lot of money! Bad PR is still PR no matter what one thinks.

I wonder how many MORE copies of ARMA III are now being sold with this function enabled? Those guys sure have a lot of money! Bad PR is still PR no matter what one thinks.

Sold? I'm assuming they're handing out pirated copies.

No one really cares (including the tards that wrote that article) that a mod exists based off a current real world faction. Period. It's all BS and anyone with a functioning brain knows this. There is nothing else to say about it.

This are the two articles i got to on facebook under the official BIS post( add )

http://www.dailydot.com/politics/isis-using-arma3-recruiting-tool/?fb=dd

http://www.vocativ.com/world/isis-2/isis-video-games/

like wtf is with the jurnalism wtf???? dont they have better stuff to report or do anything hahaha ISIS is using arma to train kids hahahah

وكشÙت الكÙار خطتنا، لكننا لن تنخÙض دون قتال! الله رحيم وعادل، هو معنا، والنصر قريب، أيها الإخوة! Takbir!

Amen brother, it is time to rise against the global lies, to free the oppressed from their facist masters! Peace through powe- oh wait...wrong rally.