Sign in to follow this  
Sterlingarcherz101

scope removal feature.

The animations are all there. They're just not linked to inventory-actions.

I do seem to remember one of the very early ArmA3 trailers that showcased the new attachment system showing various animations for the different attachments being added/removed (I think the suppressor on/off was the old OFP/ArmA rifle-grenade animation).

Some scopes like Eotech Holos or the M1/T1 like red dots can have or come with a quick detach ring system. The result is you can get the scope off in a couple of seconds and when you put it back onto the same gun in the same place it will more or less return to zero. However when you move it to another gun it wont be zeroed. This is the main problem with adding the quick detach system with arma 3, its completely unrealistic to be able to move scopes to different guns and have them accurately work. I would love to see guns have different zero points so that as you swap to different guns they don't shoot straight anymore, that would be an awesome realistic feature. As it is this is a very gamey feature rather than a reasonable simulation of the battle. Taking scopes from fallen enemies and using them right away just isn't realistic.

Things like long range scopes don't come with quick detach mounts, partly because they attach in two points due to their length. So in a lot of cases you should expect it to take a few minutes to get a scope off and onto another gun, including the use of tools and likely the removal of your gloves to be able to do it. Then when you did finally fit it to your gun it wouldn't be at all useful until you had gone about setting the zero for it, a process that requires targets at a known range and 10+ shots, a screwdriver or hex screw or some other tool and quite a bit of time.

So while as it is the current situation is annoying, its also to some extent not intended to be used in this way. Scopes are attached to a particular rifle and moving them to another isn't something that should actually work.

It makes sense for gameplay. The current way is not realistic, being able to just pick up the scope maybe unrealistic, but makes sense from a gameplay standpoint.

Animations are indeed there

That said the pros are - good animations which benefit immersion.

Now there are some things that would need to be done in order for this

to function: There would need to be standing animation and prone animation

for mouting accessories.Once you would enter into animation you couldn't move

character just like with switching weapon.So until this limitation is removed I

don't see this as beneficial as it could be.If that would be out of a way any

step in any direction would cancel action.

There is lot more important areas that need to be acknowledged than this and

personally don't see this worth looking into.The limitation of freezing you into

place once animation plays though... (healing/switching weapons/reparing)

that I would like to see work on so it can be removed.

Edited by enex