Sign in to follow this  
Sterlingarcherz101

scope removal feature.

Just wondering would people be interested in the scope appearing separate from the rifle when looting an enemy.

As it is now you have to take the fallen enemies weapon swapping it with yours into your inventory , detach the scope then go back in their inventory and swap your gun back.

Personally the current method got me killed many times. And think you should be able to grab the scope off without swapping guns.

Do others like the way it is now. And reason why it enhances gameplay. Or have the found it a nuisance too.

I can't say the situation has ever arisen where I've needed to do so (only play MP with friends, sacked off the SP a long time ago, and public MP is full of a-holes). But then again, I pack a couple of different optics in my ruck on ops (start with a medium range ACOG with backup sight and have a long-range in my ruck). You have got to love the Arsenal on missions.

I play all to be honest, single player missions, mp pvp and Co op. Have come across it a good bit.true More so on single player or pvp where you have to adapt on the fly.

Like you on an organised co op I carry 2. rco and sos. So would not notice this.

I don't really find myself ever looting the enemy. I have my kits that I am practised with and I use them as intended. I don't try and play outside the role assigned so I don't swap a RDS for a 4x scope or whatever the enemy has just because its there, I stick with my setup unless I have to swap (like out of ammo with no resupply).

I would just like a means to remove them without picking up the weapon first. And not just the scope, but any attachment and magazines.

You can double click containers inside containers to open those containers; I think guns should be the same, but they only contain the loaded magazine and attached items.

I would just like a means to remove them without picking up the weapon first. And not just the scope, but any attachment and magazines.

You can double click containers inside containers to open those containers; I think guns should be the same, but they only contain the loaded magazine and attached items.

But aren't scopes normally bolted on to a rifle, unless there is quick release to take them off? And im sure all scopes don't fit all rifles.

But aren't scopes normally bolted on to a rifle, unless there is quick release to take them off? And im sure all scopes don't fit all rifles.

They don't seem bolted 'cause you can remove them in an instant. :) And most scopes fit most guns.

It might be unrealistic to remove a scope so fast but you should be able to remove a magazine in less than a second.

There have been countless times when I've been running out of ammo and that half full mag or a better scope on a dead enemy's weapon would have made a big difference.

The double clicking sounds like good solution.

I'm all for it. Not just becaus of the scopes, but because of every kind of attachment and the magazines. If you're playing escape-style missions quite regularly (where you have to scavenge the enemies for better equipment) this is one of the most nagging problems you're about to face. If swapping of attachments is at all possible, you should be able to do so without equipping the weapon first. Additionally there has been a bug around for quite some time that your weapon disappears if you swap it with another from a fallen enemy.

@Sterlingarcherz101: You could add a feature request on the feedback-tracker.

Being able to double click a weapon as you would a backpack on the ground in order to view its attachments sounds nice honestly.

...Additionally there has been a bug around for quite some time that your weapon disappears if you swap it with another from a fallen enemy...

That isn't really a bug, more a quirk, as the weapon you drop isn't directly swapped with the unit (so it doesn't go into the dead guy's inventory). It appears on the ground instead, it doesn't disappear.

That isn't really a bug, more a quirk, as the weapon you drop isn't directly swapped with the unit (so it doesn't go into the dead guy's inventory). It appears on the ground instead, it doesn't disappear.

As if I wouldn't know that. I'm talking about an actual bug which makes weapons disappear (or at least made weapons disappear, maybe it's been fixed already). I'm not talking about placing a weapon on the ground.

It depends, firearms made before era of Picatinny rails were often screwed or bolt to the rifle.

But most modern firearms use the standard rail and can easily removed with simple tools.

This has annoyed me in the past. Having to equip a rifle just to take off its optics and then take my rifle back and attach the scope. I'm not sure how it should be done design-wise to let us grab a scope/mag/attachment from a rifle on the ground (or in a backpack) but I'd really like anything that makes this process easier/quicker.

Just wondering would people be interested in the scope appearing separate from the rifle when looting an enemy.

As it is now you have to take the fallen enemies weapon swapping it with yours into your inventory , detach the scope then go back in their inventory and swap your gun back...

So your saying in real life, if i shoot an enemy in combat, and he goes down, his scope should automatically detach from his rifle in order to prevent those who loot him from getting killed by taking time to take the scope off, and use it, given it works with my, or anyone else's weapon? Grante, it's not real life... but that's an unnecessary addition, and it kinda takes away from the infantry focus. There should be risk heavily involved with activities regarding infantry tactics. One of them is if an enemy goes down, and his gear is essential to your survival, you must weigh your risks in going and getting that gear, that doesn't magically pop off of the rails in order to allow easier access. This is absurd.

This has annoyed me in the past. Having to equip a rifle just to take off its optics and then take my rifle back and attach the scope. I'm not sure how it should be done design-wise to let us grab a scope/mag/attachment from a rifle on the ground (or in a backpack) but I'd really like anything that makes this process easier/quicker.

It already literally takes less than 2 seconds. How much quicker do you want this to be?

Right click on the rifle in their inventory - drag optic off - right click on your old rifle in their inventory and then attach new scope (if desired).

The current system is already substantially shorter than the amount of time it would realistically allow an optic to be removed and transfered to another weapon.

It already literally takes less than 2 seconds. How much quicker do you want this to be?

Right click on the rifle in their inventory - drag optic off - right click on your old rifle in their inventory and then attach new scope (if desired).

The current system is already substantially shorter than the amount of time it would realistically allow an optic to be removed and transfered to another weapon.

But every time you change your weapon like this, the magazines for the dropped weapon will be placed in the container you're putting your weapon into. And in most cases not all magazines will be picked up again when switching back. Especially with weapons with different muzzles it's almost always a hazzle to pick up your eglm-grenades afterwards. That could easily be avoided with a system like the one vegeta897 proposed.

But every time you change your weapon like this, the magazines for the dropped weapon will be placed in the container you're putting your weapon into. And in most cases not all magazines will be picked up again when switching back. Especially with weapons with different muzzles it's almost always a hazzle to pick up your eglm-grenades afterwards. That could easily be avoided with a system like the one vegeta897 proposed.

Okay so at most say 10 seconds?

Okay so at most say 10 seconds?

10 avoidable seconds. And that is the important part. It's not about the actual amount of time it takes. It's about the unnecessary steps. Equiping a weapon (i.e. fasten the sling around your body and stuffing all your pouches with magazines) is just not necessary to remove a scope.

I guess someone with scripting skill could pull this off easy, but it's so... Un-needed, it takes away from Game really. I remember playing a single player mission, killed some AI, had no ammo left. I dropped my guns and tried sneaking to get one of the AI's, but the survivors were protecting their dead comrades. I like that feeling of "can I get the gear in time before they notice me?", because in real life when someone goes down, you'd probably find it impossible to get the gear, they have comrades. The time it takes to get gear now isn't much. If you want to avoid time in the danger zone, use better tactics. What I do, is drop my weapon somewhere. Run and grab the enemies fun with attachments, then to back to my spot. I can now change out certain parts in my safe spot before continuing.

10 avoidable seconds. And that is the important part. It's not about the actual amount of time it takes. It's about the unnecessary steps. Equiping a weapon (i.e. fasten the sling around your body and stuffing all your pouches with magazines) is just not necessary to remove a scope.

You do realise that removing a scope from a rifle is not a button press to release right? Scopes are screwed onto picatinny rails and require a small amount of time to unfasten, then one would also need to unfasten your own scope and swap them over. This would usually mean taking the weapon in question into your own hands phsyically; something that is represented by the current system.

Just like healing or rifling through dead enemy equipment in the first place there are some activities that should just not be undertaken while in combat. If you get shot because you're too busy rumaging through some poor bastard's kit in the middle of a bullet storm that's your fault. Stop making stupid decisions.

You do realise that removing a scope from a rifle is not a button press to release right? Scopes are screwed onto picatinny rails and require a small amount of time to unfasten, then one would also need to unfasten your own scope and swap them over. This would usually mean taking the weapon in question into your own hands phsyically; something that is represented by the current system.

Just like healing or rifling through dead enemy equipment in the first place there are some activities that should just not be undertaken while in combat. If you get shot because you're too busy rumaging through some poor bastard's kit in the middle of a bullet storm that's your fault. Stop making stupid decisions.

A time penalty for switching a scope would be perfectly fine by me. (In fact that's definitely needed as well - to hinder player's from carrying three scopes if they've got the opportunity.) The current system just isn't, because of the impact the change of weapons has on the magazines in your inventory. If that wouldn't be the case (which is a needed mechanism in terms of weapon changing for the weapon changing's sake), the scope switching would be better. And that can best be achieved by handling the weapon like a container that you can access without having it in your primary weapon-slot.

A time penalty for switching a scope would be perfectly fine by me. (In fact that's definitely needed as well - to hinder player's from carrying three scopes if they've got the opportunity.) The current system just isn't, because of the impact the change of weapons has on the magazines in your inventory. If that wouldn't be the case (which is a needed mechanism in terms of weapon changing for the weapon changing's sake), the scope switching would be better. And that can best be achieved by handling the weapon like a container that you can access without having it in your primary weapon-slot.

I believe this may be coming judging from some notes in the dev build updates. Don't hold me to that though ;)

It'd be soooo awesome if they had animations for attaching and detaching rail items, and suppressors. Smooth animations. This would bring more like to this action than just, poof. Suddenly there is a suppressor on the end of my barrel... Op, look, where did that scope come from?

It'd be soooo awesome if they had animations for attaching and detaching rail items, and suppressors. Smooth animations. This would bring more like to this action than just, poof. Suddenly there is a suppressor on the end of my barrel... Op, look, where did that scope come from?

The animations are all there. They're just not linked to inventory-actions.