roguetrooper

playsound3d and vanilla sound list?

1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

the whacky world of arma editing.

speaking of lol, you were saying you couldn't use just the "Area_clear_1" with sideRadio but then how do I call the directional commands?

looking in the pbo folder to test all the sounds, they are all in a single distance or direction folder so how to call a specific one?

pic.png

EDIT: Im checking the config in the editor and am finding a few of the sound names but am still confused on how to use the distances and directional commands. I can't seem to find the sounds in the DirectionCompass1 folder that I want to use.

EDIT 2: here's what i have so far but am at a stand still again with the directional/distance commands

[] spawn {player sideRadio "SentSupportRequestRGUAV"; 
sleep 7; 
vtolPilot sideRadio "SentConfirmOther"; 
sleep 2; 
vtolPilot sideRadio "SentHoldFire", 
sleep 15; 
vtolPilot sideRadio "SentEnemyDetectedLong";};

this creates the effect I want but no directional/distance commands seem to fit so far

pic2.jpg

I checked the wiki and there is an alternate syntax using ( ) but I don't understand how to use it so not sure yet if thats the solution. My thinking is that I can specify which specific file to play within a class? no idea really

player sideRadio configName selectRandom ("true" configClasses (configFile >> "CfgRadio"));

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/sideRadio