Sign in to follow this  
mons00n

[COOP 10] Operation Ligneous Steed

Operation Ligneous Steed

by: Monsoon

l0z6qtpl.jpg

Hi everyone! Today I'd like to share with you a mission of mine that has a rich history dating back roughly 2.5 years. It was my biggest and most ambitious Arma2 mission, but when the Arma3 alpha launched development kind of trailed off. With the recent releases and updates to @MEC & @CUP I had most of what I needed to port the mission to A3. Ligneous Steed is a product of countless hours of planning, tweaking, and writing between myself and my good friend Unfrail. I hope you all find it challenging, interesting, and most of all fun. Please enjoy!

Briefing

CIA operatives have gathered intel from tribal leaders in Takistan concerning the whereabouts of a missing US Predator Drone. Several sources have confirmed that the now defunct aircraft is located in a fortified bunker in a Takistani held airbase outside of Rasman. Due to heightened foreign political interests it is impossible to deploy an overt military presence to reclaim the craft. CIA resources are spread thin and they are unable to mobilize within the time frame required. You and your squad are assigned to infiltrate and destroy the craft to secure these technologies from Takistani Hands.

An operative safe house in Falar will be the rendezvous point. A small stash of munitions have been stockpiled and should provide the tools necessary to complete the mission with effect. The local population in Falar are cooperative to most extents, but the surrounding settlements are not counted as friendly and extreme caution should be taken in transit to the objective.

Your recommended approach is that of secrecy. This is a clandestine operation, and your presence will not be acknowledged by the US government. It would be best if your presence was unknown to the Takistani government as well, however you are authorized to use whatever force necessary to complete the task at hand.

Features:

• Story driven mission w/audio! (~2.5hrs)
  • SRS revive script (optional)
  • EPD IEDs (optional)
  • TPWCAS supression system
  • Random AI via DAC
  • Squad respawn
  • Tested in a SP/MP/Dedicated environment

Required Mods:

• @AllInArmaTerrainPack
  • @MEC (@cup; @asdg_jr; @cha_mi24; @rds; @rds_tank)
  • @mas_nato_rus_sf_veh
  • @akp_spotlight

(PW6 Collection)

Notes

• AI heavy mission; my i7 2700k 3.5Ghz server averages~50fps for the first part, and ~30fps for the second. On lower end systems this could potentially cause the AI to turn into potatoes.
  • Low server FPS situations may also delay or completely screw up the convoy because the AI are horrible drivers.

Download

Steam Workshop

Dropbox

p6vJaM1l.jpg

k4oM08ll.jpg

7fYUlEel.jpg

wXJ4OqMl.jpg

pHw3BDll.jpg

XhNWQJbl.jpg