Sign in to follow this  
annerjb

Would you buy a DLC with more UAV content?

Would you buy a DLC with UAV content if so what would you want on the DLC?

I would love different type of bombs than GBU and ATGM. Maybe cluster bombs on UAV or the little bird uav?

Also sling loading UAV?

Sure, UAVs are cool as hell.

It'd have to have a lot of content though to sell well.

I don't want to sound like one of those guys, but if BIS ever made a UAV DLC, they'd have to make four new UAV models to replace the ones 'shared' between factions and release them for free, or there'd be alot of complaining.

That said, I really liked the Russian UAV with the machine gun from PMC. I'd like to see something like that again.

Sure would UAV's are the single best part of Arma 3.

Most in depth gameplay mechanics too.

I don't know if it warrants a full-on DLC because there aren't a whole lot of features associated with UAVs and I don't think BI would want to release small, featureless DLC content packs.

However, I definitely would like to see more UAVs, hopefully with the coming of the Expansion.

While this is one of the worst ideas for a DLC (in my opinion of course), i do think there could be a few unexpected small content additions to the base game. These small additions could be a select group of vehicles (i guess UAV's, or maybe as someone mentioned, non matching UAV's, except for the AAF, they are under NATO before the war), a select group of weapons, Engine features, or something like that. Maybe like some special military offloads, All Terrain buggies, or aircraft.

Besides that though, nope. I'm actually indifferent to anything regarding UAV's, i rarely use them. What i would be EXTREMELY interested in though, is a NAVAL DLC. But this would have to have at least, more than 5 waterborne vehicles.

I'm fairly certain that there is no DLC that I want less than I do a UAV one. I would rather get a DLC that adds more variety of goats and gives them the ability to wear shirts, hats, and sunglasses but not pants because that would just be weird. So far the DLC has been underwhelming. As I have said other places, I would rather them put off all their "features" until the expansion and give us full factions like in ArmA 2. Although at the same time I don't think I would really care about any of the factions they would release as I wouldn't get any weapons/equipment that I'm interested in anyway.

I'd rather see them replace the UAV models in the same way the Mk 18 got replaced by the Rahim for CSAT.

I would be willing to buy a DLC adding more advanced artillery, or armored vehicles though. Seeing armored vehicles at the level of say, Iron Front, only more polished to BI standards. Not to say the people making IF did a bad job, but it's got some issues, namely wheels and things sliding along the ground after being shot off.

I would be willing to buy a DLC adding more advanced artillery, or armored vehicles though. Seeing armored vehicles at the level of say, Iron Front, only more polished to BI standards. Not to say the people making IF did a bad job, but it's got some issues, namely wheels and things sliding along the ground after being shot off.

That would be amazing too.

I would love for them to completely get rid of the Artillery computer and instead put something that requires skill into the game. Maybe then Artillery would perhaps be viable in TVT and co-op scenarios.

I think I would pass, I've never been a hue uav fan. if you're going to go rain fire from the sky, then at least go up and risk yourself

It might be interesting if they could show multiple screens like real UAV operators have in front of them (like one for the camera view, another for a moving map) although that might only be practical with multi-monitor support. Give the UAV sufficient zoom to ID targets and it could open some options for missions where it fulfills a recon/ID role, without any weapons.

Naval DLC would be cool if it gave us large ships with multiple player-controlled stations and ability to dispatch helos from the deck and fire missiles, hunt for sub's, etc but if it just gives a few more small landing craft I'd be very underwhelmed.

It might be interesting if they could show multiple screens like real UAV operators have in front of them (like one for the camera view, another for a moving map) although that might only be practical with multi-monitor support. Give the UAV sufficient zoom to ID targets and it could open some options for missions where it fulfills a recon/ID role, without any weapons.

Naval DLC would be cool if it gave us large ships with multiple player-controlled stations and ability to dispatch helos from the deck and fire missiles, hunt for sub's, etc but if it just gives a few more small landing craft I'd be very underwhelmed.

Adding in a new faction via. DLC without a new map and story to go with them is a sure fire for failure. You can't really just introduce the PLA without telling us a story about them, why they're there, who they support. Also, a new faction has different vehicles, due to the fact their operating and home terrain is what they were made for.

On the note of Naval Additions, I silently die for a BIS made ship with a heli deck. That is all. All I want is some more life added to that sea water. They know it can be done. It doesn't have to be a massive ship. Anything bigger than the bloody Gun-Boats, and more interesting. There are plenty of Modern real life options to choose from.

As for UAV's, I would suggest better communication. Imagine a situation where you can't spot. What if the UAV had the ability to spot for the team, and it shows up on map for a short time. Or, it gives the. Coordinates. Though, this wouldn't be ideal unless communication as a whole was overhauled. Which brings us to VON, which should just be replaced with something like TFR without teamspeak. (With TS comparability still though, because NO LAG!)

I find UAV pretty boring to be honest.

if you're going to go rain fire from the sky, then at least go up and risk yourself

This. I prefer cockpitview of a jet then some boring UI Flir screen. And its a game anyway, so if my character dies or the drone dies is unimportant, basically same outcome. Drones are just "free respawns" in the end.

I think it would be cool if we could get maybe a guided missile UAV. I think the Israelis have something like it. Basically you can loiter, then dive it into a target. Might be kinda fun.

What I would like even more though is the ability to share a UAV video feed across the squad. One operator, but multiple people able to see the video. Makes it better than telling everybody what you see. They can see it for themselves.

I think it would be cool if we could get maybe a guided missile UAV. I think the Israelis have something like it. Basically you can loiter, then dive it into a target. Might be kinda fun.

What I would like even more though is the ability to share a UAV video feed across the squad. One operator, but multiple people able to see the video. Makes it better than telling everybody what you see. They can see it for themselves.

This ?

TiGER Unmanned Aerial Grenade

The unmanned aerial weapon can be prepared for use in less than a minute, is launched by hand, and can fly for up to two miles before delivering its payload.

The TiGER navigates between preset waypoints using GPS and transmits data back to base via its nose-mounted camera.

diamond back wing kit

Diamond Back Wing Kit

The TiGER is MBDA’s candidate for the US Army’s Lethal Miniature Aerial Munition System program.

The LMAMS is designed to provide a soldier carried, ground launched precision guided weapons system to counter Non-Line-Of-Sight (NLOS) targets.

B5uq7Tn.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JJSL0LP.jpg (112 kB)

I love the amount of work they've gone into with the UAV's in Arma 3. A MQ4A orbiting an area at 2km providing valuable intel which then has to be communicated to a ground team; this is in itself a huge challenge (when playing on non-numpty difficulty) as you have to try and figure out their type/number/location and relay that information in a way the ground team will understand.

I try to incorporate them into my missions as much as possible and for others to dismiss them is a bit laughable especially given how prevalent they are in modern combat. A UCAS/UAV pilot isn't going to be earning any glory but they're an incredibly valuable part of the combined arms war space.

I love the amount of work they've gone into with the UAV's in Arma 3. A MQ4A orbiting an area at 2km providing valuable intel which then has to be communicated to a ground team; this is in itself a huge challenge (when playing on non-numpty difficulty) as you have to try and figure out their type/number/location and relay that information in a way the ground team will understand.

I try to incorporate them into my missions as much as possible and for others to dismiss them is a bit laughable especially given how prevalent they are in modern combat. A UCAS/UAV pilot isn't going to be earning any glory but they're an incredibly valuable part of the combined arms war space.

The awesome thing too is how insanely versatile the UAV's could potentially be.

Use them as

Forward air observers

Artillery spotters

Laser lock potential future ground based ground to ground missiles

Laser designate bombs and air based missiles

So much potential for the uavs.

I find UAV pretty boring to be honest.

This. I prefer cockpitview of a jet then some boring UI Flir screen. And its a game anyway, so if my character dies or the drone dies is unimportant, basically same outcome. Drones are just "free respawns" in the end.

Well, i wouldn't say that much, it's more of a tool if used in the correct enviornment. Think about a situation where you know absolute nothing about your enemy. You have one drone. You have the ability to learn as much as you can before that drone goes down, or runs out of battery life. That drone than become much more than a "free respawn". But, in the end, i think drones do their jobs as of now. I wouldn't pay for a UAV DLC. Not worth a dime.

No.

We already have all there is to have with UAVs.

The only thing i want is for BI to fix the shaky camera in multiplayer.

There is always more stuff you can put in, there are hundreds of different UAVs in the world but would they add something unique? No.

It's better if BI focuses on other content.

UAV DLC will be about as pointless as the Helicopter DLC. Even in a 50+ player game, there will rarely be more than 1 player using a UAV.

Even in a 200+ player game, there will rarely be more than a couple guys who have joysticks/rudders/trackir to actually benefit from the realistic flight model and you can see that even the biggest cats in the block don't use it (ex: ShackTac).

They need to fix bugs, improve performance and add features that are going to affect the biggest portion of players (like bipods, improved and additional animations/actions for things like climbing/jumping/medical/etc). The community has made a metric ton of awesome content to compensate for whatever BI never bothered to make and the way BI is being managed, doesn't look like it's going to change.

UAV DLC will be about as pointless as the Helicopter DLC. Even in a 50+ player game, there will rarely be more than 1 player using a UAV.

Even in a 200+ player game, there will rarely be more than a couple guys who have joysticks/rudders/trackir to actually benefit from the realistic flight model and you can see that even the biggest cats in the block don't use it (ex: ShackTac).

They need to fix bugs, improve performance and add features that are going to affect the biggest portion of players (like bipods, improved and additional animations/actions for things like climbing/jumping/medical/etc). The community has made a metric ton of awesome content to compensate for whatever BI never bothered to make and the way BI is being managed, doesn't look like it's going to change.

Exactly why AFM should have not been a optional feature.

AFM should have been forced on everyone across all difficulties.

As for people under utilizing the UAV that is fine, only those that spend the time to learn them would have super powerful utility.

Exactly why AFM should have not been a optional feature.

AFM should have been forced on everyone across all difficulties.

This makes no sense. Flying with AFM without proper gear that has analogue inputs is really not fun and even hindering in most cases. Why would you force this on everyone?

If it was in my hands I would start with removing 3rd person from the game entirely, but then you'd either lose 75% of the player-base or have someone hack the code to add it as a mod anyway. Simulators don't really make you much money, unless you sell to the US Army, so BI isn't really trying to make ARMA3 into one. ;)