schultzit

[Source Files] Jackson County Community Project WIP

Jackson County Community Project WIP

Jackson County is the terrain I developed starting from Applegate Lake Community Project. Some people call it Lakeside Valley, I prefer the original name.

http://i.imgur.com/AxeNiSB.jpg"]AxeNiSBl.jpg

Technical Infos:

1024 x 10m heightfield

10240px sat map/mask/normals

Source Files:

This download includes FULL source files, it's meant to be a starting point for a terrain developer who wants to continue this project as I dont have the time/willing to do it myself.

Map isn't finished and got some bugs/messy stuff, but it's better than nothing!

Objects placed on the map are a3 and a2 assets, with custom EL76's objects/roads/buildings - nothing else.

If you need help in setting it up, I can give you a hand in the A3 Maps channel on Skype.

Download Links:

Full Source: Google Drive

Mandatory Patch (config.cpp goes to P:/Jackson_County/config.cpp ): Google Drive

you are free to host it on your server, as I'm not sure about GDrive limits yet!

Dependencies:

Arma3, AiA-TP, EL76 Assets

Edited by Schultzit
  • Like 1

Very nice. Hope a talented mapper would contribute and help improve this map.

Well Done Sir good work on porting it and I hope it helped you learn a lot about being a terrain developer, look forward to see what you work on next.

Well Done Sir good work on porting it and I hope it helped you learn a lot about being a terrain developer, look forward to see what you work on next.

It definitely did, thanks!

Hey man been following this project almost from when you first started improving it, i was wondering if you get get us the newest version and source files and possibly fix the bridge ? If not i could try fixing it myself, i am also like what you used to be new to terrain editing and really love this map and want something amazing to try on, if you could do so that would be great! thanks dude you're awesome, you too falcos :)

Hi there,

I'm glad about the work you did into that post, e.g. uploading the files and give information about the creator!

I want to make the map bigger and that's why I installed the Arma 3 Tool: To use Terrain Builder.

The problem I have got is that the already installed bat file FuturaToP (for extracting the pbo out of addons into the A3 folder) does not work.

So I can't load anything.

It would be nice if you could share this a3 folder with the community in your thread or send me a downloadlink, where also the other important files are extracted. I'm a newbie im this but it would be nice if you could help me out.

Greetings from Germany

Clockiy

Hi there,

I'm glad about the work you did into that post, e.g. uploading the files and give information about the creator!

I want to make the map bigger and that's why I installed the Arma 3 Tool: To use Terrain Builder.

The problem I have got is that the already installed bat file FuturaToP (for extracting the pbo out of addons into the A3 folder) does not work.

So I can't load anything.

It would be nice if you could share this a3 folder with the community in your thread or send me a downloadlink, where also the other important files are extracted. I'm a newbie im this but it would be nice if you could help me out.

Greetings from Germany

Clockiy

For me, the tool didn't work too. So I copied all the .pbo files from the "Addons" folder into the "A3" Folder on my P: Drive and unpacked all .pbo s manually.

Hope I could help you.

you can use Mikero's tools : arma3p.

It wil install your P: drive automaticaly, instead of you extracting every single .pbo manualy.

It will make you a lot of time and avoid errors.

Mikero's tools : https://dev.withsix.com/projects/mikero-pbodll/files?sort=created_on%3Adesc%2Cfilename

Note that you will need some other programs and dll to run the arma3p.

I know that. I can load the map but the Problem is that I dont know how to import the used addons from other packs. So the whole map seems (in Bulldozer) like a snowy town. And the custom buildings do not show up - there are just empty fields.

I have added these source files to Armaholic :)

The mandatory patch is included in the archive.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

@LukePRTR

The EL76 Assets are included in the AppleGate Community Project download on Armaholic.

@Foxhound thanks for the info! But i have problems at importing the files to the a3 folder for the terrain Builder. Would you be so kind to upload your working a3 folder for editing lakeside Valley? I just habe hugr problems with nearly every pbo file :(

I am quite pleased to see this released. Finally, a developer from the Life arena that gives a shit about the wider community. :)

Hi there, anybody fixed several failure by start the map?

Hey guys,

I am currently working on this map for fun and I would like to turn it into an island. I have edited the heightfield so that the bounds of the map are completed in water and i have a nice outline around the island. I am having problems with the outside terrain though. It generates a lot of island but i would like it to be water only.

Can somebody elaborate how the generation of the outside terrain works beucase i obviously dont quit get it, yet? :)

Regards

Hey guys,

I am currently working on this map for fun and I would like to turn it into an island. I have edited the heightfield so that the bounds of the map are completed in water and i have a nice outline around the island. I am having problems with the outside terrain though. It generates a lot of island but i would like it to be water only.

Can somebody elaborate how the generation of the outside terrain works beucase i obviously dont quit get it, yet? :)

Regards

Hey,

you have to change the enableTerrainSynth = 1; to 0:

class OutsideTerrain
	{
		satellite = "a3\map_altis\data\s_satout_co.paa";
		enableTerrainSynth = 0;
		class Layers
		{
			class Layer0
			{
				nopx = "blablalba.paa";
				texture = "blalblalba.paa";
			};
		};
	};

ir0n

Hey,

you have to change the enableTerrainSynth = 1; to 0:

class OutsideTerrain
	{
		satellite = "a3\map_altis\data\s_satout_co.paa";
		enableTerrainSynth = 0;
		class Layers
		{
			class Layer0
			{
				nopx = "blablalba.paa";
				texture = "blalblalba.paa";
			};
		};
	};

ir0n

Thanks for the quick answer. This surrounds the ingame map with pitch black but no more shitty island in the ocean. I gues its OK. I will rather have an ugly ingame map then an ugly ingame world. :)

Thanks again,

Regards

Excactly what irOn said. Futhermore you can count yourself lucky that this feature actually worked in the first place. Never did that for me and always resulted in Arma3 crashing ^^

Excactly what irOn said. Futhermore you can count yourself lucky that this feature actually worked in the first place. Never did that for me and always resulted in Arma3 crashing ^^

Well, it did not work well with all the little islands I described. I could see through them when I looked at them from a certain angle.^^ Seems relatively buggy but who am I to say that. Just started with that terrain editing thingy.

No news on a update if anyone will carry this on?

This was an as-is project. Whoever chooses to continue may do so with permission from the original builders.

Hey guys,

i have another another question about this map which can maybe be answered in generell though.

Schultzit, if you are still active can you tell me how many materials per cell you chose when generating the layers for this map? I am currently adding more ground mats to the map but I ran into issues due to only using 4 mats per cell when generating layers.

My generell question is if having more materials per cell affects FPS and if yes how bad it does that. I observed that i lost approximately 4 FPS when i generated the layers with 5 mats per cell instead of 4 but i dont know if that was just a coincidence.

I would greatly appreciate if someone could elaborate this to me a little bit.

Best regards.

Hi Guys,

Is it just me, or is this map locked so it can't be edited?

I tried to open the project in Terrain Builder , which I succeeded , however, are the objects , after I added the Libs , all displaced and it looks I do not look like it should look .

bada4057c9.jpg

I rlly hope that someone can help me fix this :C