lost_samurai I am not sure if its exactly legal to use these images as they belong to the artists who created them-copyrighted. They would need to specially give FoxFort consent to use their work.

OK then. Do you mean even for me to use them here as links? Is it THAT strict? I openly admit I wouldn't know who strict copyright laws can get...

To me at least, that thread just looked liked some sort of source dump for ppl who want camo to use in various games(there are posts and requests for almost every game sporting camo), I assumed the idea would be for any mod makers to sort out the permissions themselves with the creators. I thought it acted like a "window shopping" experience, merely showing the camos and their creators' name (the thread starter named 'RUSTY' made camos on request, so I assume he didn't make them so ppl could just have a .png file to hold and cherish). I thought it allowed you to choose a pattern you like then you ask for all obvious permissions before using any of it. Otherwise, whats the point then of that thread? Just to show ideas that you CAN'T EVER use? That seems like...weird.

But, full disclosure, I wouldn't know anything about copyright laws in any depth other than the obvious.

Foxfort, if those links are useless, then I apologize for the misunderstanding about what that page does....anyway, I'll get back to searching for our goodies.

OK then. Do you mean even for me to use them here as links? Is it THAT strict? I openly admit I wouldn't know who strict copyright laws can get...

To me at least, that thread just looked liked some sort of source dump for ppl who want camo to use in various games(there are posts and requests for almost every game sporting camo), I assumed the idea would be for any mod makers to sort out the permissions themselves with the creators. I thought it acted like a "window shopping" experience, merely showing the camos and their creators' name (the thread starter named 'RUSTY' made camos on request, so I assume he didn't make them so ppl could just have a .png file to hold and cherish). I thought it allowed you to choose a pattern you like then you ask for all obvious permissions before using any of it. Otherwise, whats the point then of that thread? Just to show ideas that you CAN'T EVER use? That seems like...weird.

But, full disclosure, I wouldn't know anything about copyright laws in any depth other than the obvious.

Foxfort, if those links are useless, then I apologize for the misunderstanding about what that page does....anyway, I'll get back to searching for our goodies.

My understanding there is no issue with sending or displaying a link of another artists work. But where things become an issue is if the Artist who designed the Texture/ Camo pattern had to see his work with no approval from him or used without his permission. The artist can demand development halted-long story an deven more so with Mods for Arma 3.

Its different also if it is released under a public domain. If I have the right legal term. But this allows anyone to modify and change said work or use it freely. The listed site you linked. I am not sure what the issue is if you can download said image and use it as you see fit.

The link supplied is work I have given FoxFort to use as he sees fit if he wants to.

http://imgur.com/gD9HnOJBut this I created myself. So there is no legal claims to it etc.

By looking at this page, it has a lot of camos that may be useful for my further work. I will probably work with some of those.

When comes to, let's say, Legal issues. The rules that are written on that same page, says that it's available to everyone as long it's not for monetary usage and proper credits where given.

Now you all know I haven't earned,  nor I plan to earn money on my work here. It's given for free and for non-monetary usage. (If I am not earning money on them, then neither will you).

xxxxxx

I was thinking to try and setup the donation option, but turns out PayPal doesn't give that option for my country, so you are using my work, (I have lost track of how many hours of my free time was spent making it), for free and I still am willing to do requests.

If someone is willing to donate me something, you can easily find me on steam. (but be sure it's not region locked).

• Like 1

Hey Fox, yeah, that's how I read the site as well.

I don't think there'll be any serious problems, I know you'll give all credit where it's due...now, what ya think about that post #33 camo on that thread? I'm thinking keep the print smallish, just big enough to see the detail, worked onto the CTRG gear, worn over the standard CTRG uniform....I'm thinking this as a possible alternative if we can't get a good quality CTRG snake skin pattern. You probably have a better eye for the finished product than I do, so what ya think?  

PS.HOWEVER, one could say that this - Fictional, custom, "NGone-Hexatal Camo" - would work equally well on ANY gear which would then be worn OVER ANY CTRG uniform, the standard one AND the new upcoming APEX CTRG uniform which is greener...you could hit two birds with one stone if you use this. That depends if you wanna try out something new (which you've been doing plenty of and well lately)instead of just doing the straight up CTRG snake pattern. Just my thoughts. 

PPS. Is your name the same on Steam?

I will look into those patterns over the weekend, then I will tell you more. 

Of course my name on steam is same as here, that's why I wrote that I can easily be found there.

Well this small update took me more time then I wanted to make. First reason is Fallou NV and now Fallout 4 :D Second reason, recently my scroll button on my PC mouse got broken, now playing Fallout and surffing on the internet without scroll on mouse is not that bad, but making textures and coding them without scroll is way harder than you might think. Probably next weekend I'll review this update (with my new mouse) and finish body armor texture for AAF.

What's new? DPM(woodland and desert), MTP and Swedish M90, uniforms, helmets and bonniehat.

• Like 2

I'm having a hard time trying to find matching helmets for all you fantastic uniforms. The one you provide (the AAF one), is not well suited sometimes for the forces one usually represent. Would you consider the possibility of retexture some RHS helmets to benefit the rest of your pack? I'm thinking MICH2000 and ACH basically...

I'm having a hard time trying to find matching helmets for all you fantastic uniforms. The one you provide (the AAF one), is not well suited sometimes for the forces one usually represent. Would you consider the possibility of retexture some RHS helmets to benefit the rest of your pack? I'm thinking MICH2000 and ACH basically...

Sorry, I am not interested in modding other mods/addon. You can see that there's a lot of vanilla A3 stuff that I haven't touched and I should had. 

Many thanks for the update, can't wait to see the new camos! And I just want you to know, that after the visual upgrade, your textures are one of the few that manage to look great, under any lightning conditions, regardless of time of the day and weather. Great work.

Many thanks for the update, can't wait to see the new camos! And I just want you to know, that after the visual upgrade, your textures are one of the few that manage to look great, under any lightning conditions, regardless of time of the day and weather. Great work.

That is because I used the special filter when i make them, love :D  Thanks mate, sorry again but I am now really short on time, I got a job and now I'm busy and tired to start doing extra work.

Don't worry, you've made plenty. Hope you enjoy the new job (or at least the money :) ).

Since 1.42, there is this error on server startup:

14:03:04 File modpack/@FFCamoPack\mod.cpp, line 12: '.overviewText': Missing ';' at the end of line
14:03:04 File modpack/@FFCamoPack\mod.cpp, line 12: '.overviewText': Missing ';' at the end of line

And indeed, overviewText = "" missing ; at the end.

Does not affect anything, anyway.

Btw, can i ask for some generic textures on viper helms / uniforms?
  • Like 1

Since 1.42, there is this error on server startup:

And indeed, overviewText = "" missing ; at the end.

Does not affect anything, anyway.

Btw, can i ask for some generic textures on viper helms / uniforms?

Oh, thank you for pointing that out, I have to fix it. Currently, can you run it on server or you have to disable it?

As for viper textures, if BIS has released the samples I can make it. What did you had in mind?

I'm still getting the following in RPT (with just "@FoxFort Camo Pack" enabled, v1.42 from Armaholic):

10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.scope'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
10:19:46 Warning Message: Error: creating weapon ItemInfo with scope=private
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.displayName'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.nameSound'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.type'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.picture'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.Library'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry '.libTextDesc'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.model'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.simulation'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.fireLightDuration'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.fireLightIntensity'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.fireLightDiffuse'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: Size: '/' not an array
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.fireLightAmbient'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.weaponLockDelay'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.weaponLockSystem'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.cmImmunity'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.weight'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.lockingTargetSound'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.lockedTargetSound'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.detectRange'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.muzzles'.
and the main menu has a pop-up dialog on game start (which is kind of annoying),

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.scope'.
If there's any chance of fixing those, it would be great.

Thanks!

I'm still getting the following in RPT (with just "@FoxFort Camo Pack" enabled, v1.42 from Armaholic):

10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.scope'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: Error: creating weapon ItemInfo with scope=private
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.displayName'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.nameSound'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.type'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.picture'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.Library'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry '.libTextDesc'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.model'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.simulation'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.fireLightDuration'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.fireLightIntensity'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.fireLightDiffuse'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.fireLightAmbient'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.weaponLockDelay'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.weaponLockSystem'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.cmImmunity'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.weight'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.lockingTargetSound'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.lockedTargetSound'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.detectRange'.
10:19:46 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.muzzles'.
and the main menu has a pop-up dialog on game start (which is kind of annoying),

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.scope'.
If there's any chance of fixing those, it would be great.

Thanks!

Yes I have also been getting that: "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.scope'." problem, searching my files. Trying to see why.

Looks like, it is creating a weapon, but I can not find the reason why is it doing that ...

Yes I have also been getting that: "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.scope'." problem, searching my files. Trying to see why.

Looks like, it is creating a weapon, but I can not find the reason why is it doing that ...

Hey! I managed to fix all those problems and started my game without any error messages with this mod!

I'm in the community with Freghar, and we have got a lot of those error messages.

Some mods we had to update, and others delete due to not being supported or replaced by others.

I researched the topic, and it seems that with the 1.62 arma update BI decided to make their compiler more strict, along with their overall code quality improvements with the Eden update.

The compiler now will look more closely to scopes, and not ''accept'' something in the wrong scope.

All this means the following:

class ItemInfo; // wrong

class cfgWeapons
{
	class ItemInfo; // wrong

class Default
	{
		class ItemInfo; // wrong
	};

class ItemCore;
	class ItemWatch: ItemCore
	{
		class ItemInfo; // correct
	};
};

(Thanks to .kju for explaining, code is also from there)

If you change all the code to the same format, all is good.

I personally have an updated version of your mod if you're interested in it (1.42 updated with these changes)

Thanks for the great work making this mod!

• Like 1

Currently I am working on fix, thanks to A3 v1.60 update, the "Iteminfo" is now used for different stuff. So I am cleaning the code now, currently I am fixing the SPU, FFCP is next. 
"Mickyleitor" helped me with finding the problem. 

Also Thank you for providing the same fix.

I will release new FFCP but without new textures, just with this problem fixed. 

• Like 1

New Version is ready for download, that annoying error message was fixed.  

• Like 1

New Version is ready for download, that annoying error message was fixed.  

Congrats on the latest release, but I was just having a look in the Arsenal and I think I've found a bug.....

CSAT helmets, Combat Light helmets and Combat SF helmets aren't showing their correct textures.....

• Like 1

Congrats on the latest release, but I was just having a look in the Arsenal and I think I've found a bug.....

CSAT helmets, Combat Light helmets and Combat SF helmets aren't showing their correct textures.....

Oh, yes, you are right, I made a mistake and I have not done a proper testing. Thank you for pointing up the issue. I have fixed it now. New fixed version is ready :) 

• Like 2