Sign in to follow this  
baermitumlaut

[Release] A3G Spectator Cam

A3G Spectator Cam

This is a simple camera script that you can put in any mission, regardless if you use any mods or not, however it was originally made to be used with AGM.

ud1OEI5.jpgl5iDTbE.jpgt8lblpW.jpgS0P6mSX.jpgwXonBjL.jpg

Features

• tags units of all factions
  • marks unconscious units with a circle instead of a dot (if you use AGM)
  • 3 camera modes: free, 3rd person, 1st person
  • 3 vision modes: normal, nightvision, thermal vision
  • displays condition of units (fatigue, blood level and pain)
  • compatible with Acre and TFAR
  • close groups get marked individually, distant groups are shown with a group symbol
  • displays how many players are left alive and how many are unconscious (useful for admins!)
  • automatically ends mission when last player dies

Usage

• download the ZIP file from my GitHub
  • copy the description.ext and the a3g-spectatorcam folder in your missions folder
  • if you already have a description.ext open the spoiler

• copy the contents of my description.ext into yours
  • make sure you don't have any duplicate settings like
    respawn = 1;
    respawn = 3;

• make sure you don't declare CfgFunctions or RscTitles twice but instead merge them:
    [color="#FF0000"]Don't:
    class CfgFunctions {
     #include "somefile.hpp"
    };
    class CfgFunctions {
     #include "a3g-spectatorcam\CfgFunctions.hpp"
    };[/color]

[color="#00DD00"]Do:
    class CfgFunctions {
     #include "a3g-spectatorcam\CfgFunctions.hpp"
     #include "somefile.hpp"
    };[/color]

That's it! Once the camera starts up a help dialog will show you how to control the camera.

There might still be some bugs and I will continue work on this, but it works quite well already. If you have any suggestions or feature requests let me know, your best bet would be creating an issue on Github.

Very Nice!

Thanks for the creation and release of this, this will be useful for just exploring sites for mission ideas, instead of using zeus all the time, and for taking cool screenshots!

I like the fact the the controls are very simple and straight forward.

One question, is it possible to change the controls, for example change the wasd to the arrow keys instead?

Thanks again!

If you look into a3g-spectatorcam\initCam.sqf you can see I have event handlers for keyUp and keyDown, within that event handler I check which key was pressed. You can change those key codes to anything you like, all possible codes can be found here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/DIK_KeyCodes#Alphabetic_sort

Just make sure that you assign a different key to switching players because that is assigned to the arrow keys right now.

If you need any help with that let me know.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hi, looks cool.

It would be very useful if we could make this only active for civilianslots, so we could use it as a referee during matches.

What do you think ?

You can definitely do that. I would recommend making a "initPlayerLocal.sqf" in the mission directory and using something like this:

if (side (_this select 0) == civilian) then {[_this select 0] execVM "a3g-spectatorcam\initCam.sqf";};

Thx for your excelent work.

Is it possible to auto activate your camera when player is unconscious (not dead - just inconscious) ?

So you would return to player view once woken up again? No this is currently not possible. AGMs visual effects run in a loop, so to disable them while in spectator mode I would have to heal the player first. I don't think there is a way around this right now.

I also really don't like the idea of looking around while unconscious to see where the enemies are. The idea of being unconscious is not knowing what is happening around you, so this would really make unconsciousness not punishing at all or actually beneficial.

I understand. But in a coop game. This feature will be very important fort an inconscient player who s waiting other player tout help him. Of course, no more free caméra . only the orhers players view .

Edited by GToF

Again, it's currently not possible due to the way how AGM does the visual effects for pain, bleeding, etc.

What I have tested so far it looks good, would like to see a map function(with markers) and it kinda irritates me that when zoomed closed to the ground, that it looks straight down when in free-look(btw doesn't look like you can look under water, feature or bug?)

The camera looking at the ground is just because it is so close to it. I could add a minimum camera height which would fix that. I should also add underwater support, didn't even think about that, thx!

Very nice script, I like it.

BI's spectator isn't bad either, but it's so restricted and a pain in the ass to work with, so yours is much appreciated. Very easy to implement and test around with in the editor. :)

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Does ACRE and TFAR support mean, that people in spectator can hear both ingame local speech (non radio) and everybody in the spectator with them (everyone who is dead)?

So in effect can people in the spectator still hear players that are alive if they move the camera close to them, or is that impossible because of the way radio mods are set up?

You get switched to a spectator channel, so if you talk only other spectators can hear you. You can also still hear players ingame, at least for TFAR, but I don't remember right now if it is directional.

Hi, it seems that when you switch to spectator on death, you can still talk to your old team in side/group etc. is this intentional? you also can't hear alive people talk using TFAR when dead (when close enough).

I have no influence on how TFAR behaves when you die, I'm only using its built in function that is made for spectator scripts. Same for ACRE. For TFAR, it also depends on if you use its hardcore mode or the normal mode.

I do not block chatting, could do that though.